Dan C

Reel mower fitment

Dan C

Hello, I have a chance to buy a reel mower that came off of a 1962 tractor. (Model unknown) can anyone tell me if this will fit on my 1960 suburban 400. 

gwest_ca

1960 and 1961 except the 701 call for a LMR-301. LMR-307 is not in the attachment list. Suspect the LMR-3072 is for the 7hp models but do not know. Click on the pictures below.

The 701 and 1962 models used a LMR-303, LMR-304 and LMR3072.

Garry

• Like 2

CasualObserver

The reel itself is the same I think... just the mounting and maybe the lifting are different. To run that you'll need the extra mounting bracket that fits the front of the suburban and maybe a different lift rod. (I think? Never tried to mount this one to anything but the 'burb it came on!) Maybe that lift rod is long enough if you think about the few inches farther back it is mounted to a taller tractor frame. :scratchead: 

Here's a picture of mine mounted up. I've lightly circled the bracket you need. Essentially that raises it up to about the same mounting height that would have been on the 62 tractor. I actually currently have this mounted up and could get more pictures tonight if you want some.

reel2.JPG

• Like 3

Dan C