"Manic-Mechanic"

18 Auto-"Fire"?

RubyCon1

consider purchasing gauges for marine applications - they tend to be designed with liquid exclusion as an important consideration

Edited by RubyCon1
  • Thanks 1

"Manic-Mechanic"

Hello,

well Stewart Warner Technical Support claims none of their gauges are designed to be water tight. Equus made a volt gauge that appears vintage, next to my very early Stewart Warner Oil Temp. This oil gauge has never steamed up, but it's not "specifically designed" for weather?

IMG_2126.JPG

• Like 1

pfrederi

Gauges are a real frustration..cheap or expensive.  None of my horses sit outside and other than the snow crew they don't even get wet..( I do not play in the rain).  Yet I have some that after mowing for a while the damn gauges fog up.

"Manic-Mechanic"

I even have a Marine Rated gauge to try next, from Triplex? "That is if this one fails".

Sarge

I've seen the Triplex gauges in some of the industrial equipment at work - seem well built and robust enough but don't remember if any had the fogging issue - which is really common . I prefer SW's quality , they are one of the true legacy manufacturers left in this country and refuse to go the cheap labor route and destroy their name . Equus has always been hit and miss - I've had some in the past that lasted a very long time despite their price . You can see now why old vintage original gauges are worth so much and I don't blame folks asking a premium for them in excellent condition - far better than most of what you can buy today . Perhaps we need to start looking more at the vintage boat parts market - maybe we'll have better luck overall .

I'm going to do some more hunting/research...

Sarge

• Thanks 1

"Manic-Mechanic"

Knock on wood, this one is working.......