DJL50

Hello from Cincinnati

DJL50

Hello.

Just signed up here.

I own a Wheel Horse 257-H we purchased new from Smith Custom Service in Goshen Ohio in the late 1980's

I used it to mow 2.5acre up until 2007. I purchased a Toro Zero turn and parked the Wheel Horse. Having a need for a small garden tractor I got the Wheel Horse out last week. Fired right up like new.

I have a bunch a questions and will be joining in on the discussion group soon.

Wheel Horse.jpg

• Like 2

AMC RULES

:greetings-wavingyellow:      :WRS:

welcomewagon.gif.1d6cf15e755daa30d6a1f306eac18fce.gifhdr-logo-100b.png.73ebcc87ae35f4e1f69c2b43ca1c900a.png

DennisThornton

Welcome!

I was born in Cincinnati and had a body shop in Goshen!   Where was Smith's Custom Service? 

953 nut

:WRS:          The 257 is great for mowing but not intended for ground engagement equipment. Depending on your needs for a garden tractor the 300 or 400 series may be a better choice.

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

DJL50
7 hours ago, DennisThornton said:

Welcome!

I was born in Cincinnati and had a body shop in Goshen!   Where was Smith's Custom Service? 

John Smiths place has a Goshen address but he was located out on 131 and 727 out near Stonelick lake. He closed 3 or 4 years ago.

https://goo.gl/maps/ab9ULNBt7FU2

My Dad use to have an auto Body shop in Perintown back in the late 60,s early 70's

5 hours ago, 953 nut said:

:WRS:          The 257 is great for mowing but not intended for ground engagement equipment. Depending on your needs for a garden tractor the 300 or 400 series may be a better choice.

Yes that what I thought. But the 257 will do what I need for now, Just going to use for a drag, lawn roller and cart for brush, mulch etc...

Wanting to do some research on here on what to look out for on a used Wheel Horse. Would be nice to have a plow, disk, blade etc...

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

953 nut
8 minutes ago, DJL50 said:

Just going to use for a drag, lawn roller and cart for brush, mulch

Very capable of those tasks.    :text-bravo:

jay bee

:text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs: We're glad you're here!!!

11 hours ago, DJL50 said:

I have a bunch a questions

Ask away and I'll bet you'll get a bunch of educated answers.  These guys know what they're talking about.

Jim

Edited by jay bee
Spelling

DennisThornton

The big 2XXs are great and I think underrated here but don't expect as much from them as the earlier class style  WHs.  Love the foot control though! Great mowers and I'm sure more.  Just not quite the GT as others. 

bmsgaffer

Greetings from another Cincinnatian!

Good to see more local people being involved. I havent been as active on here lately due to having 3 kids under 5 yrs old and commuting 3hrs a day for my job, but send me a message if you need anything!

• Like 1