Gskimmel

H60 75016

Gskimmel

What coil do I need as a replacement on my h60-75016 , and where is the best place to buy one? Thank you greg

KC9KAS

@Gskimmel :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

I am sorry, but I don't know the answer to your question. Someone will know and respond.

gwest_ca

Tecumseh H60-75016 used on

1963 model 33R Lawn Ranger

1963 model 603

Garry

• Excellent 1

Gskimmel

This is on a 1964 604. I am guessing it is not the original engine but not certain

gwest_ca

Not necessarily. Yours may be early 1964 production and the older engines were used up first. Early production 1964 models would likely have begun by October 1963 because that was when they were released. Apparently Wheel Horse's fiscal year end was September. It is possible Tecumseh made their model changes at the calendar year end.

Something I have noticed is the spec numbers for the electric start models is an odd number and the recoil start spec was an even number but don't know if that was consistent.

Tecumseh H60-75009 used on

1963 model 33E Lawn Ranger

1963 model 653

1963 model 603

Tecumseh H60-75063B used on

1964 model 34E Lawn Ranger

1964 model 654

Tecumseh H60-75064B used on

1964 model 34R Lawn Ranger

1964 model 604

Garry

• Excellent 1

pfrederi
1 hour ago, gwest_ca said:

Not necessarily. Yours may be early 1964 production and the older engines were used up first. Early production 1964 models would likely have begun by October 1963 because that was when they were released. Apparently Wheel Horse's fiscal year end was September. It is possible Tecumseh made their model changes at the calendar year end.

Something I have noticed is the spec numbers for the electric start models is an odd number and the recoil start spec was an even number but don't know if that was consistent.

Tecumseh H60-75009 used on

1963 model 33E Lawn Ranger

1963 model 653

1963 model 603

Tecumseh H60-75063B used on

1964 model 34E Lawn Ranger

1964 model 654

Tecumseh H60-75064B used on

1964 model 34R Lawn Ranger

1964 model 604

Garry

That is true for my L107  H60-75118f ...Electric was H60-75117f

Give the spec # in original post it is a recoil start... coil assembly is 30560

coil.JPG

• Excellent 1

Gskimmel

That's what I thought it was I didn't know if there was a different one for older models since mine is not held down with a metal rod (for lack of better terms). Mine has a shim that slides between coil and the metal bracket that the coil installs to. Does it matter that the new could have two wires that hook up to points and the original only has one? 

pfrederi

This is from my 1967 L-107  I doubt that Tecumseh changed much between yours and mine.

Tecumseh Manual 4.bmp

• Thanks 1

Primeline part # is 7-01612......$26.99 and  any o'reilly auto parts  or napa can get it for you

• Excellent 1

Gskimmel

Do you know if I can use any condenser or do I need a specific condenser for small engines

Primeline part # 7-01324 for the condenser , # 7-01024 for the points

i work at an O'Reilly's part time and get this stuff same or next day

$4.99 for the condenser , $6.99 for the points . if you get them from O'Reilly mention line code PRI

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Gskimmel

I replaced the coil condenser and points but still no spark to plug. With a spark tester grounded to a head bolt it says there is spark. The spark is very weak even when  touching the coil and ground it dosent make me drop it out of my hand. Is it possible the magnets in the flywheel are weak? Does anyone know of anyway to hook up a external coil and battery system with a charging system for the battery? Any ideas please let me know

gwest_ca

What did you do with the extra wire on the coil? Did you figure out what part of the coil the wires go to? Some have a wire to ground the coil so it functions and others have a spare wire that goes to the ignition switch to kill the ignition.

If you have an ohmmeter to test with it should help in solving the mystery.

Measure the resistance from the spark plug wire to one of the small wires

Measure the resistance from the spark plug wire to the other small wire

Measure the resistance between the 2 small wires

If there is a separate ground wire at the coil

Measure the resistance from the spark plug wire to the ground wire

Measure the resistance from one small wire to the ground wire

Measure the resistance from the other small wire to the ground wire

The 2 small wires may be connected together inside the coil so each will give you the same reading.

One reading should be low and one much higher. Added together they should equal the highest reading.

Did you clean the point contacts real good? New ones are lubed to keep them from oxidizing in storage and that will prevent the closed contacts from making a good electrical contact.

Garry

• Excellent 1

Gskimmel

I will test the resistance tonight. I currently have them both to the points contact. Is there anything else you could think of that would be causing the issue? I disconnected the kill switch so I know that it isn't a bad switch.

• Like 1

wallfish
8 hours ago, Gskimmel said:

I will test the resistance tonight. I currently have them both to the points contact.

The shorter wire to ground (there should be a screw on the laminated part). Long wire to the points.

I'm no expert on those engines but have changed a few coils on many different engines. I doubt both wires should go to the points but anything is possible. Kill wire from switch to the points. :twocents-02cents: