tims tractors

New To Me RJ

tims tractors

I should be getting 55 rj just as fast as Fastenal can get it here from CT. I was wondering if anyone new where I could get Clinton parts for a rebuild an possiably someone who could do it. Only thing missing is the kill button good luck with that huh. Thanks  Tim

• Like 1

stevebo

You are getting a nice original machine and very early. Good luck with it

AMC RULES

:rolleyes:  Not missing...

I'm betting your seller still has it. 

buckeyes

Was this the one From E-bay?

WHX??

:wwp:

groundhog47

Sent ya a PM about Clinton engines and parts. Seems like a joyous project awaits yer attention! Let us know if ya will about the Fastenal experience: I favor the idea they have although here they always have to refer to manager for pricing, ha!

WHX??

I've got some other contacts for Clinton parts Tim let me know if you need them.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Workin_Horses
      By Workin_Horses
      Nice solid clean 60" deck for 520H Model # C560SC04       $500 OBO

• MikesRJ
      By MikesRJ
      I am going to start a topic here and ask for inputs from all users with specific knowledge or comments concerning the same. I will use the encompassing information in a presentation of the topic both here and in "other" publications. BuckRancher and I repaired our steering wheels, but we used two similar but different methods to accomplish it. There are certainly a number of ways you could go about it, but then that is the point of this post. To investigate the ideas of the members here, and see if there is a better way, or faster process, to go about it.

The RJ 58 I restored a few years ago presented may interesting problems to work out in order to finish a complete restoration of the machine. One of these problems was the steering wheel. The original steering wheel, in its "as found" condition, could not be used with the restored tractor due to several fairly major splits and cracks present in the rubber handle. The metal of the steering wheel was in very good condition, but the rubber had just seen better days.

Above is an image of the original wheel as it existed on the machine when it was brought home from TN. The rubber hand grip material at the intersection point between the spokes and the underlying steel rim was cracked on all three points around the wheel. There were also several splits in the area between these intersections.

Given damage of this sort, and knowing you are performing a 100% original restoration, my questions to you are this; 1) Do you replace the wheel outright, or 2) Repair the wheel? Choosing number 1 is the easy way out. The problems with choosing #1 are; a) Can you find a usable replacement?; How much time will you save you vs. fixing it?; and c) How much is it going to cost you?

Choosing #2 is almost certainly going to cost you less in the long run, but how would you go about it? Here's where I'll make this thread interesting. Now I will ask the members here the simple question: "How would YOU fix it?"