PeacemakerJack

Burnett Antique Tractor Show 2017

ACman

Sweet pics... :handgestures-thumbupright:  love them all , I really need to get ahold of my garden tractor obsession IMG_1724.GIF.3898c4fbd23a2f5f49f6179de1f4ecdf.GIF ...Naaa :lol: !

• Like 5

PeacemakerJack

:text-yeahthat:

I saw soooo many GT's today that I would've liked to have taken home with me but...they were someone else's:angry-nono:

I love to see this hobby thriving though...

IMG_5051.JPG.9f6dd47af6288184d3ec2a9c3801550e.JPG

Dan let Caleb (my son) also drive his Rat Rod---caleb couldn't stop talking about that!  He was too light to get it to pull a wheelie by blipping the throttle though.  Boy--that thing sounds sooo cool:auto-layrubber:

• Like 9

Rp.wh
2 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

We missed you @Rp.wh!  This show is worth attending if you are in the area and can make it. 

Yeah would have really liked to go. But had to save my money for next weekend :greetings-clappingyellow: going horse wrangling, sense i feel left out with everyone buying stuff hah:laughing-rofl:  but we are cleaning off my number 1 bucket list tractor on the show tractor side! Super pumped!! Looks like you guys had a heck of a good time and caleb looks like he is having a blast and ill agree with him it is a blast to drive.

• Like 3

WHX??

It is quite the show and I was impressed about the number of GT's there. Also was everything else there one could ask for...log sawing, threshing, pulling, rock crushing etc as well as some nice working stationary displays. Cindy and I both agreed (that doesn't happen often!) on the calendar for next year! I should have stayed longer but admit I  was anxious to get my new to me 753 home for a look over. Will get up afew of what little pics I got when near some wifi.

• Like 3

squonk

Where there a bunch of Power Kings there? I know there was a big PK reunion somewhere in Wisc. recently. 

• Like 1

PeacemakerJack
1 hour ago, squonk said:

Where there a bunch of Power Kings there? 

Burnett had the largest assembly of PK's I have ever personally seen in one place.  I took video of them but realized when I got home that I didn't take any oics with my phone.  It was a really cool display with a bunch of attachments.  Hopefully Dan or Jim snagged a few pics...

squonk

Sounds like the same show to me.

Achto
8 hours ago, squonk said:

I know there was a big PK reunion somewhere in Wisc. recently.

Like Josh said there were a lot of Economy's, PK's & Red E's there. The reunion for these is held at this show every year. In fact they have their own permanent building on the grounds.

• Like 2

Achto

working on pics

Edited by Achto
  • Like 1

Achto

On Fri. I helped my friend Willie set up his saw mill & then we got his 36hp Frick steam engine fired up to cut some lumber. Leveling the mill is quite time consuming.DSCN1717-min.JPG.8b0d3228005fd82ce2e358e4c37295c0.JPG

After sawing for a while Willie decided that he wanted to hook up to the rock crusher for a while. Here I'm using my 3500lb tractor to position his 8500lb engine and get the belt lined up.IMG_20170804_141708681-min.jpg.40ea513f2a27583e2cecd6550a29d545.jpg

The 36hp Frick had no issues running the rock crusher.IMG_20170804_144142501-min.jpg.b25df4ee819cdfcb3c089d25d4f4be6c.jpg

This 1930's Oshkosh truck with a Waukesha power unit mounted on the back also took a turn at running the crusher.

DSCN1735-min.JPG.3a2c60b1b7f3b689ecaaa052bf97801a.JPG

This is an Allis Chalmers steam powered generator. This generator once ran the Monarch appliance factory in Beaver Dam WI.

DSCN1725-min.JPG.25e73ed4077fb462bbf6461118553a35.JPG

There were a lot of hit miss engines as well as other small engine displays.

DSCN1737-min.JPG.b8050b34e8cb121615b0affd7a98c3fd.JPG

With mowers to boat motors as well as advertising, this Reo display was quite impressive.DSCN1741-min.JPG.ca211d201c06a79bf4e76a37a21581e4.JPG

For odd balls & customs I found this Scatmobile.

DSCN1727-min.JPG.964e211f5df0e9da94f9d146e316e1e3.JPG

I also like this custom Farmall M? Well the hood may have been from an M.DSCN1742-min.JPG.dbe5202b6b3e2836cdca2ef4b5856809.JPG

For those who are into plowing, this may be the wrong color but the home made trailer plow was very cool & well done.DSCN1724-min.JPG.f21879f62a604e35a356012278ea9ae7.JPG

The feature tractors at this show were Ford & farm equipment that was sold by Sears. This Graham-Bradey was an item once sold by Sears.DSCN1732-min.JPG.3edfef80dc3e66c001902b7c630bac24.JPG

It was great hanging with @WHX11 & Cindy for a while. I also had a great time with @PeacemakerJack and his great children. Caleb definitely has the tractor bug for sure. My favorite part of going to tractor shows is seeing friends (new & old). 

I had 1 casualty at this show, my Rat Rod is currently in sick bay. I'll start a post on it when I find the problem.

Edited by Achto
  • Like 8

elcamino/wheelhorse

Thanks for the great pictures.

• Like 1

953 nut
8 hours ago, Achto said:

Graham-Bradey was an item once sold by Sears

:text-coolphotos:            Looks like a great show. The Graham-Bradley is one I had never seen; very highly styled. Wonder if there was any connection to the Graham Automobile, they too had a unique style too.

Thanks for sharing the pictures and information.

• Like 4

Achto
48 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Wonder if there was any connection to the Graham Automobile,

I went to a show a few years ago that featured Sears products. There was a Graham auto on display at that show. I'll look tonight for some pics.

• Like 2

WHX??

Here's what I got, sory Mike @squonk no no pics of the Power Kings, shame too as there was just about one of every kind.

20170805_153605[1].jpg

20170805_153655[1].jpg

20170805_153726[1].jpg

20170805_153753[1].jpg

Lots & lots of my favs...these little Farmalls...another nicely done G for ACman

20170805_153841[1].jpg

This guy cracks me up as he is always at all the local shows just tooling around on his LR!

20170805_153628[1].jpg

Edited by WHX12
  • Like 9

Rp.wh
18 minutes ago, WHX12 said:

20170805_153628[1].jpg

Hah this picture reminds me of a little kid that just got yelled at with this arms crossed, would be a good one in the quote this picture

• Like 5

PeacemakerJack

IMG_5067.JPG.f97aec16f548213b12ddd5b073373fb3.JPG

"FINE---if you aren't gonna let me pull in the 3500# class against Dan, I'm just gonna to park right in the middle of everything and pout!"

• Like 7

squonk

We got an old guy with a HEAVY European accent with a Lawn Ranger with a diesel at our steam pageant every year. He tows his wife around on a sulky. He absolutely flies on that thing and she has to hold on for dear life!  :)

Edited by squonk
  • Like 6

PeacemakerJack

:text-yeahthat::auto-dirtbike::auto-swerve::auto-layrubber:

:ROTF:

• Like 2

stevasaurus

Excellent pictures you guys...thanks for sharing those. :)  Looks like Jim changed his handle...I think that means he is keeping the 753.  I kind of knew he would keep this one.  :occasion-xmas:

• Like 6

WHX??

Runs great Steve! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3

squonk
15 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

Excellent pictures you guys...thanks for sharing those. :)  Looks like Jim changed his handle...I think that means he is keeping the 753.  I kind of knew he would keep this one.  :occasion-xmas:

Whats next? AMC Rules 32 ? :lol:

• Like 4

AMC RULES

:rolleyes:  I don't think so Mike...

if you remember, the forum was all up in arms...

last time I changed my user ID.  :wacko:

• Like 1

ACman

:text-yeahthat:... @AMC RULES can't change his username . He knows the repercussions  IMG_1754.GIF.e485bcc76669206e1059be2c6cb77129.GIF ...:lol: !

Here's some info on Graham-Bradley from Wikipedia ...

Graham-Bradley model 103 tractorThe Graham-Bradley tractor was built by the Graham-Paige Motors Corporation of Detroit in Michigan, just prior to World War II. The tractors were sold by Sears-Roebuck, which owned the Bradley factory and built implements. The tractors were advertised as "built by Graham, Equipped by Bradley, Guaranteed by Sears". One basic model was offered in both standard and row-crop configurations. Production lasted only two years and Graham switched to wartime production. Graham became Kaiser Motors after the war, acquiring and becoming Jeep before selling to AMC.

So there in the Wheel Horse family tree :) .

Again guys thanks for the great pics !
  • Like 3

squonk
5 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

:rolleyes:  I don't think so Mike...

if you remember, the forum was all up in arms...

last time I changed my user ID.  :wacko:

I think you need to get everything out into your yard and get a drone photo of it all. That would be impressive! :bow-blue:

• Like 3