ohiofarmer

Last call for Harbor freight settlement money

ohiofarmer

There was a class action suit with how Harbor Freight marketed their pricing structure, and you have until august 7th to send your stuff in.[Postmark or online]

1 Google Harbor Freight Settlement

2 Download and print the form,

3 Select the payment option on the form.after reading the options available to you

4 Harbor Freight has been ordered to pay out 23 million. If it is not paid out because not enough people apply for it, it may be possible that those who do apply will later get a higher award..

I selected getting 12% back of what my credit card statements showed I bought from them from April of 2011 till December15 of 2016. I spent some thousands of dollars in their store, so i will get some hundreds back in the form of a gift card. Fortunately, I had all my Harbor Freight purchases on record and saved for tax purposes. The fact that I had most of my tools stolen during that time period [and replaced with HFT ] added a bunch to what I would normally buy

Tomorrow ,all the copies are being sent in by certified mail. i am not taking chances that they 'lose' my paperwork

• Like 4

Ed Kennell

Just mailed my form....I only get about a hundred back.    I shoulda bought that 22 Predator for $629 and got another 30% back.

BTW,   :thanks:   for the heads up  and for electronic credit card statements.

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Like 1

ohiofarmer

Just sent mine in as well.  Serious money, so I went to the post office so I could track the package and confirm delivery. Ed, you are welcome, and I hope that some more Red Squarians can benefit..Visit the website and almost anyone will qualify even without a receipt [for a small cash award]

• Like 1

squonk

I go to HF for the entertainment. People returning stuff like a cordless drill they bought for $9.99 that only lasted a month on a construction job, 2 ton jacks that they tried to lift 5 tons with, $6 flashlights that the magnet became unglued on and my personal favorite, Cranky old husband & wife teams that both want a free $1.99 flashlight. The husband buys something, pays for it, and gets a free flashlight. The wife pitches a fit because she didn't get one. "I'm a customer too!" The clerk says "You need to buy something" She goes "We did!" Clerk finally relents and gives her one just to get the seahag out of there as a line is now forming.:rolleyes:

Another good place is Chinese Buffets! :)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

JC 1965

I have bought a lot of stuff over the years but i don't have any receipts.       :confusion-confused:

• Like 1

how much do the attorneys get?

• Like 1

ohiofarmer

The Ship came IN... My settlement came in today in a Federal Express envelope. It was 57% higher than what I expected.  Just in time for:occasion-xmas:

So they left it on the front porch, the equivalent of cash:omg:  Just glad no one stole it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pullstart

Congrats on the pay day!  Now how many free flashlights will that turn into?

At my local store, they often throw the “free” item in the bag without you even inquiring about it.  I have a funny sensitivity to the microfiber rags and can’t stand when I reach in the bag for whatever I needed and get a handful of microfiber.  

Ed Kennell

:confusion-waiting:       :confusion-confused:     :confusion-shrug:      not here yet.

The Tuul Crib

Will this make them go bankrupt and close down ? I'm sure they'll have to pay out a huge chunk-0-change!

ohiofarmer

I think it was 23 Million or so.   That should not put them out of business.

The Tuul Crib

I do know that every time I go there they’ve only got one cashier working and five or six people waiting in line.  And they are so slow! I do like some of there products and prices tho. We can only wait and see what happens!

ohiofarmer

More than enough for two of these.https://www.harborfreight.com/22-hp-670cc-v-twin-horizontal-shaft-gas-engine-epa-61614.html

or five of these. https://www.harborfreight.com/26-in-x-22-in-single-bank-red-roller-cabinet-64162.html 

or even one of these https://www.harborfreight.com/6000-lb-capacity-scissor-lift-91315.html

I am at a happy place right now, but also do not want to just blow any money. I always use a 20% off coupon whenever i can and it is allowed.

Ed Kennell

Got mine :text-thankyouyellow: