valleyboy

K301 Engine

valleyboy

According to Garry's message serial # 1525265651 was built in 1986. I purchased this tractor in 1991 so I now believe it was short blocked prior to my purchase. Trying to Identify before ordering needed piston/ring set. another message noted that it must have been short blocked. Thanks everyone for the help- Bob

953 nut

:twocents-02cents:     The internal parts didn't change over the years, a K301 is a K301. I would suggest that you have the block and crank measured by a machine shop before buying parts.

There is no prize given for the greatest number of posts per day on this site. You have done three posts today asking the same thing.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Jeff.f
      By Jeff.f
      Hello all, what a wonderful site you have here, I've  been lurking around here for about 6 months, stopped by and took a picture of the serial number on what I think is a 1964 654 that I grew up on,, # 6712.
      I'm gonna be looking for a round hood to replace the one we lost about 30 years ago,, my Granddad and I replaced the 6hp motor with an 18 hp motor and the hood wouldn't fit so it got set aside and eventually lost.
      i left for the army and he passed on, the tractor was sold and hasn't run since, I bought it back for $185 yesterday, three tires are still holding air!
      anyway I was hopeful I could find out for sure what it is

• Mr. Fixit
      By Mr. Fixit
      Hello,all. I'm new to this site. I have searched everywhere trying to identify this blade model with no luck. Maybe someone here knows. Any help appreciated. Thanks
    • Mr. Fixit
      By Mr. Fixit
      Hello,all. I'm new to this site. I have searched everywhere trying to identify this blade model with no luck. Maybe someone here knows. Any help appreciated. Thanks

• DennisThornton
      By DennisThornton
      Some members are commenting in "Wheel Horse Identification Project" about IDing the early Wheel Horses, starting of course with the RJs and Suburbans and working on the newer ones shortly I hope.  Now would be a great time for members to jump in and add or correct so we can build a very accurate, documented collection of data and photos to help everyone identify Wheel Horses!  Great info is coming in now but we could also use photos, copies of brochures and anything to do with the early Wheel Horses.

Please bring what you can or just come and review and make sure what we have is correct!

Thanks!
      Dennis Thornton
    • DennisThornton
      By DennisThornton
      I've bought "Straight From the Horse's Mouth, The Wheel-Horse Story", read a ton of online info, joined the yahoo groups, downloaded IPLs, manuals, brochures, read most of the forum chats, viewed and collected, sorted hundreds of pictures and tried to build a database of info about WH garden tractors.  Overall I think I've collected a lot but I fear only scratched the surface and am no where near ready to write the "Wheel Horse Encyclopedia", nor do I even think I ever will be, but, I do want to know more.  Assuming that I haven't just overlooked the "Encyclopedia of ALL that is Wheel Horse" and that I'm not the only one interested in how to tell just by looking what model and year all these wonderful machines are where do I go next?  I have:
      AA Wheel Horse ID list 1955-84
      WheelHorseAllYear
      All the WH brochures I can find...
      WH Attachment Interchange 1955-2000

I know there are folks that know far more about WHs than I ever will but I see only little tidbits for how to identify certain Wheel Horses here and there.  In depth, accurate, definitive, detailed info but only about specific models and years.  Nothing really covering all WHs.  I know it would be a huge undertaking to pool all that is known about WHs but it seems like there either must be something more out there that I've missed or we should try to pool what we can!  And I'm not really talking about ALL that is known, just ALL that is necessary to ID them!  Not fix, or what parts will interchange, just tell what they are.  Many are missing tags, lots covered in rust, partially hidden in the weeds, some in pieces and several built from pieces.  It would be so nice to drive past an old timer, turn back around and positively ID it without having to climb a fence and search for a tag, chase down the owner or post it online and hope someone how knows will see it and help.

Perhaps I've just overlooked something?  I hope so!  If not, perhaps we could take just a bite at a time approach.  Perhaps cover just the 1950s and save it in a file for all to review, correct, update and finally use. Then maybe tackle the 1960s...

What years/models:
      had the gas fill hole offset from center?
      used an aluminum tank mounted above the dash
      had a straight bar axle?  Upward swept axles? High clearance, inverted "V" axle? 
      cast iron grilles
      round hoods
      3 point hitches
      electric powered
      Clinton engines?  Kawasaki engines?  Renault engines?
      Short frames, mid frames, long frames?

A lot of this could simply be added to the existing spreadsheet, in fact I've started already and added some info, but I'm missing most of the knowledge!  I know there's folks that can ID most but how can we share that knowledge better?  Thoughts?  Ideas?

Thanks!
      Dennis Thornton