valleyboy

valley boy

valleyboy

any problems replacing a K301 with a K321 on a c120 hydro ?

rmaynard

Can't think of any off the top of my head.

• Like 1

953 nut

:WRS:          Should be a direct bolt up if the oil pans are the same. If not, and they are both big blocks then you can leave the 301 pan on the C120 and bolt the block to it.

• Like 2

ztnoo

valleyboy,

I have a suggestion in regards to your posting habits on various topics.

In every topic you have ever started here on RS, save one, you are using you user name as the subject line, although you are posting in various forums on different subjects.

Doing so only impedes and confuses what you are attempting to ask and find a solution for.

I would say your posts will be much more quickly and effectively answered if you make reference to your specific problem or question in your subject line, rather than continuing to use your user name in the subject line.

If you don't, I can envision multiple topics (maybe eventually dozens) with exactly the same subject line going forward, with absolutely no way for anyone, or yourself, to clearly delineate what you might be describing short of actually opening each individual post.

That's very inefficient, not to mention confusing.

Just a suggestion and food for thought before posting a new future topic.

Regards,

Steve

Edited by ztnoo
  • Like 6

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• BrianKoch
      By BrianKoch
      Looking for a good and flat cover plate for the k301 crankcase. My current one is warped causing oil to leak out.

• Jeff-C175
    • PWL216
      By PWL216
      Hi. I have a C121 which starts right up but lacks power. A compression check indicated 30lbs of pressure. I took the head off hoping maybe it’s just a gasket, but I think the cylinder needs to be honed or bored out. Based on the attached pics, is this block still good and would honing fix it?

• Tuneup
      By Tuneup
      So gang, it's Christmas time and my company has extended its forced vacation to two weeks, sucking 7 days of FTO from me. I've got all kinds of things to do for the wifey-poo but what the heck can I do for me?
      I've got two K301s so may as well get out the surgical tools and do a b-gearectomy. The C-125 goes first. Restored that back in '17 and so she's got maybe 75 hours on her. It'll be rather painless and the youngster is visiting so can assist in getting that b-itch up onto the bench. She's already been moved to the garage and the old Kawi and its carb parts moved back to the shed while I search for tiny o-rings. Wish me luck and pics to come. Oh, there is no rattle BUT she's always had a minor knock I chalk-up to excessive end play (didn't measure it back then 'cause I'm bad but, dang!, will now).
    • Jeff-C175
      By Jeff-C175
      I put together a replacement for the missing clutch handle today.  I like it so much I'm going to make one for my C-175 also!

Now I need to figure out how come it's not staying DISengaged.  It EASILY jumps off the detent at the slightest touch.  It appears to be a new bracket / lever, judging from the paint on it, but I have not investigated further yet.  Wonder if anyone has run into this and solved it?

What is the correct routing for the throttle cable?  This just CAN'T be correct!  It's right on the cooling fins of the engine, it's done melted the skin off the cable!  Maybe it's a replacement cable and simply too short?
      If someone could post a pic of the correct routing it would be much appreciated!

While looking that over I noticed some oil 'weepage' at the front of the engine.  To me it appears to be concentrated right under the fuel pump.  I presume there's a gasket there that may need to be refreshed?

The only other suspect is the valve cover but and that appears to be a little weepy too, but  more so the fuel pump. 

What say you K301 gurus?