82Caddy

So I heard you like small frames with big blocks...

82Caddy
52 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

Any pics of the house? We’re going the modular route too. Just getting ideas . Nice view too👍

PM me your email address and I'll send you a link to the pics of the house.  I don't want to post all 70+ pictures I have of the place here 

:ph34r:

1 hour ago, PeacemakerJack said:

Thanks for the update!  What a beautiful piece of property.  Sounds like you saved a bunch of money and so now you have more working capital for your :wh: projects:D  

thanks for the story and the pics

We did well selling our old house, saving more while living with the in laws (not ideal but lucky we have that option) and finding the place we did for the price it is.  We'll have a few things to take care of before tractor projects begin again like getting a shop built (there's plenty of space for it) as time and funds allow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Redneckdavis

Updates on this?

82Caddy

No actual updates. Between having two little boys, moving and remodeling the a house, changing careers mid pandemic there just aren’t enough hours in a day. I have been collecting more parts but I lack the time/motivation to do anything with it.

• Like 5

ebinmaine

No worries man. It'll get there when you're ready.

• Like 2

WHX??
On 7/2/2017 at 8:45 PM, WHX24 said:

:woohoo: Man after my own heart.... got two 1055 shorts dying to get made into one! I like the round fender idea Caddy... nice :handgestures-thumbupright:

Well in the three years since I did get a big block stuffed into a short frame! Couple of pics here just to keep them off your back Caddy! :lol:

20190422_175626.jpg

20190516_114202.jpg

20190516_114849.jpg

20190516_114404.jpg

Still havent got the planned V61's on the front tho! :D

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 3
  • Heart 1

82Caddy
4 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Well in the three years since I did get a big block stuffed into a short frame! Couple of pics here just to keep them off your back Caddy! :lol:

Its all good. I have an engine (robbed from a Deere until I get the one Tom is building for me), belt guards, seat and other miscellaneous bits and pieces so I have stuff that could be done just haven’t got to it yet. 

That machine is looking really nice! Mine isn’t and won’t be that pretty.  

• Like 1

WHX??

Not that pretty anymore now that she is a daily driver! Last tractor show she had a 1/4" of road dust on her but @Achto is right it washes off! :)

5 minutes ago, 82Caddy said:

won’t be that pretty.  

That's alright....What's that they say .... chrome don't git ya home?!?!?!?

• Excellent 1

Redneckdavis

Chrome don't get you home but black will get you back. So says my old boss with his blacked out peterbilt. 

@WHX24 wow that thing is nice.

@82Caddy I'm sorry to hear you haven't made progress. That is such a cool project. Lot of time and effort sitting there. I am going to have to keep in mind that notching and bending the angle around the nose. Very clean. professional. 

On your pedastal, what did you use to encase and taper the cover/arm? And what did you use as a backstop on the bearings, just flat washer welded on? I'm going to build a c-81 with very similar front end and also round fendered. 

• Like 2

82Caddy
On 7/30/2020 at 11:40 AM, Redneckdavis said:

On your pedastal, what did you use to encase and taper the cover/arm? And what did you use as a backstop on the bearings, just flat washer welded on? I'm going to build a c-81 with very similar front end and also round fendered. 

I double stacked pillow blocks with bearings and then slid a keyed shaft through the bearings. Sprockets with keyways and a set screw. 

Guess I should update this. Picked up a k341 small base block from a garage sale…it’s at the machine shop getting checked out. Going to rip the old big base block apart for the internals once I know what needs to be done to the new block.

Progress is slow but something is better then nothing. 

• Like 2

ebinmaine
On 7/30/2020 at 12:40 PM, Redneckdavis said:

I'm going to build a c-81 with very similar front end and also round fendered

This would be a great build thread. 

Any progress on it?