82Caddy

So I heard you like small frames with big blocks...

WHX??
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

couldn’t bear the thought of someone putting a price tag on Putt Putt or Frank so somebody just come get them for free...then I don't have to worry about a price tag!

:laughing-rolling:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Pullstart

That guy up there.... thinks he’s so funny...  

10D86892-25C9-4057-91F6-AB8EF56474D6.jpeg

Edited by pullstart
  • Haha 6

WHX??

:text-imwithstupid:

• Haha 2

AMC RULES

I'm on my way.

• Haha 1

82Caddy

Update:  Ended up being able to sell a few other big things I had not anticipated people actually buying so there is room for this to move without any issues.

Crunch time for moving though.  65 days to closing, 57 days to last day of work and 58 days until the last trip of stuff goes north.  Looks like we're just planning on 3 trips with the enclosed trailer and one possibly two with the car trailer.

46755578164_b96053d3a2_b.jpg

Last time we moved I packed everything my wife and I owned from a 3 bed 1 bath 1800 sq/ft house into this trailer.  It was stacked to the brim but it was all there.  Now we have a toddler with stuff and much more of our own.  Going to be a process that's for sure.

• Like 4

WHX??

Good luck and godspeed Caddy! :)

ebinmaine

Yeah man.

Good luck!!!

Keep us posted.

Pullstart

Good to hear you’ll be bringing this along!  I was just thinking about your predicament last night!  Good luck with the move Caddy!

• Like 1

82Caddy

No real updates.  Just welding and plugging away at this thing.

I did secure another enclosed trailer (aka I bought one) so it looks like we'll be making two trips with two trailers and I'll be leaving the car trailer at my parents place for the time being.  Basically cutting my travel time in half to get everything moved and not having to worry about what the weather does.

47588474832_69c2eb60a2_k.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

What’s all,that white stuff?  I don’t mean the powerstroke or the trailer...  :D

ebinmaine
25 minutes ago, pullstart said:

What’s all,that white stuff?  I don’t mean the powerstroke or the trailer...  :D

I'm no chemist but it looks to me like a very carefully stacked up conglomeration of temperature crystallized dihydrogen oxide

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

82Caddy
5 hours ago, pullstart said:

That was actually taken 4/13 :confusion-helpsos: so recent amounts of snow.

• Haha 1

82Caddy

Back on topic....just waiting on an engine to be finished up. Then to sort out belt guards, belts and I’m sure more I don’t even know about yet

2A828867-507D-4C31-B634-B81799DAE55E.jpeg

49736E20-CA2E-4AE6-8596-7F20E534C6F4.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3

82Caddy

Need to decide on a seat as well. Suggestions?

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, 82Caddy said:

Need to decide on a seat as well. Suggestions?

I love the look of the old metal ones but I find that I slide around on them too much so for a working tractor I prefer something with a vinyl seat surface.

82Caddy

I looked at a few at tractor supply the other day but didn’t find anything that really stuck out to me as something I had to have. Oh well, I’ll find something eventually. 

• Like 1

ebinmaine
11 minutes ago, 82Caddy said:

I looked at a few at tractor supply the other day but didn’t find anything that really stuck out to me as something I had to have. Oh well, I’ll find something eventually. 

Maybe you could end up just going right back to the standard Wheelhorse vinyl over metal seat. The one with two cushions or the one with one cushion. Regular late 60s type stuff.

• Like 1

ACman

:text-yeahthat:..... How about a short back seat pan and one of @BOB ELLISON ‘s seat covers :handgestures-thumbupright: .

Edited by ACman
  • Like 1

Pullstart

The Sears Suburban 12 I dragged home the other day has a big seat spring, but the seat pan is slightly more “hold on to your cheeks” ergonomic design.

9E8800B5-ADE0-4BBB-905F-790796AC4C38.jpeg

9E16F540-6013-41D9-97EB-E80D29273737.jpeg

23100424-9812-4B82-8270-0D7A8D1356B6.jpeg

99835942-645E-464E-88E0-71422D4746A2.jpeg

• Like 2

WHX??
9 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

I love the look of the old metal ones but I find that I slide around on them too much so for a working tractor I prefer something with a vinyl seat surface.

Depends on what the end use is gonna be fellas... us furrow dogs prefer a seat you can slide around on. Straight work any kind of what hits you will work. A square pan with a cover would look nice if you can find one.

Edited by WHX22
  • Like 1

ACman

I could use that pan @pullstart Kevin if you want to let it go . Got a special tractor for that one :) .

82Caddy
On 5/5/2019 at 8:04 PM, WHX22 said:

Depends on what the end use is gonna be fellas... us furrow dogs prefer a seat you can slide around on. Straight work any kind of what hits you will work. A square pan with a cover would look nice if you can find one.

I guess for right now, it's just going to be a mower or mid mount grader blade (if I can find one) machine.  I haven't really thought much about plowing with it...I don't have the stuff/space/know how.  Maybe someday. 

82Caddy

Update on this.  It's buried in a storage unit until mid March when we close on a new to us home. 

The deal we had for some land and building a house didn't pan out.  Something about a federal lien on the property for unpaid taxes with a bankruptcy and not being able to get title insurance.  I didn't (and still don't) understand all the details, but the bottom line is we walked away from the property and building since we couldn't get a timeline on how long it'd take to get the title issues sorted out.  We ended up finding a really nice single owner modular built home that sits on a 7.5 ac piece of land.  All said and done it's about 100K less expensive then what we were planning to build for a very similar square footage and layout.  Big bonus is this one is already done and move in ready minus some decor and paint changes.  One nice thing about this property is that nobody can build to the north or behind the property.  To the north is a a creek/river that's low land and behind is a completely land locked piece with no easements on it from anybody.

View off the back deck:

48946977823_ff3bd7de3a_c.jpg

48947523621_af38720c5e_k.jpg

So that's all there is to know at the moment about this project.  

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3

PeacemakerJack

Thanks for the update!  What a beautiful piece of property.  Sounds like you saved a bunch of money and so now you have more working capital for your :wh: projects:D  

thanks for the story and the pics

• Like 1

19richie66

Any pics of the house? We’re going the modular route too. Just getting ideas . Nice view too👍