19richie66

I’ll look here in a bit. :thumbs:

• Like 1

WHX??

These are what I have been getting. http://www.psep.biz/store/toro_mower_cables.htm

Going to try like you did Jay and heat the wire to get the knob off. not sure how to put the knob back on.

13 hours ago, wallfish said:

wire to the knob is a pain because that metal is difficult to drill.

That's what I am concerned with as I don't have many of the round hood style knobs to experiment on. Though maybe try and epoxy the knob back on.

I do have a few of the what you have pictured if you want them to play with. I just never had any luck doing it. Specially with the throttle ones.

Richard have you ever got any of those from that Willys site? They almost look like the small knob round hood style ones?

• Like 1

JPWH

I would like to collect a few to play with. I would be Willing to pay for.them and shipping.

953 nut
27 minutes ago, WHX14 said:

Richard have you ever got any of those from that Willys site? They almost look like the small knob round hood style ones?

No, it was from an old post by another member, I saved the links because I figured it might come in handy some day.

29 minutes ago, WHX14 said:

Going to try like you did Jay and heat the wire to get the knob off. not sure how to put the knob back on.

As heat freed it up I'm wondering if they used a spot of Silver Solder (hard solder) to attach the cable.

• Like 1

JPWH

After attempting to replace the wire I found that the wire actually runs all the way through. The wire actually broke off about 3/4" in. Still experimenting though. Let me know if you are willing to part with some old units.

• Like 1

WHX??
3 hours ago, JPWH said:

Let me know if you are willing to part with some old units.

No problem Hank  lemme  sort through what I got and sendem your way. They prolly look better in your junk pile than mine anyway! ... Pm me your address

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 9:02 AM, 953 nut said:

No, it was from an old post

May just order one to see what they look like & see if the throttle is the locking type?  Lets see I got a 702, a 753 and a 401 that needs one! :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

JPWH

What do you mean junk pile? lol

I have a recycle metal pile, scrap metal bucket and everything else is "I might need that one day". :D

Edited by JPWH
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

JPWH

I have the shop like I want it now so I can start working on tractors again. Today I was playing with adding more light in the blast cabinet. I have been rescuing led strips and drivers from the trash bin at work. This is what I'm adding.

KIMG1238.jpg.331eb3dfb96fbaba905460d949befd35.jpg

Before

KIMG1236.jpg.79383b309fdba978411bd21bece95531.jpg

After

KIMG1237.jpg.fa7b66aa90a66edc25782d874da2e25e.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

@JPWH The rescue may be defined as dumpster diving   or the unit has too much dust on it , I 'll order a new and take the dusty one home.:ROTF:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

19richie66

Those led’s look nice. 

• Thanks 1

JPWH
46 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@JPWH The rescue may be defined as dumpster diving   or the unit has too much dust on it , I 'll order a new and take the dusty one home.:ROTF:

Nope. No dumpster diving it they were on a pallet heading to the scrap yard.;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

JPWH

I installed the led lights in the blast cabinet, hooked all the airlines back together so I could work on the 854 hoods and one of the air line quick connects was leaking and I didn't have a spare so I turned off the air compressors and decided to  install the fuel pump on the 854 6 speed. Ran the fuel lines put gas in the tank and started it up. Runs great but now I have one oil leak instead of several. The fuel pump is not sealing I'll address that later.  

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

JPWH

Air line repaired and oil leak taken care of.

Marked the surface with a Sharpe.

KIMG1241.jpg.b3629df7ad11f6839066e4da8bc0fe21.jpg

After sanding with 220 grit.

KIMG1242.jpg.850b617a4224c903eead3966c5ff6a08.jpg

Remarked and sanded again with400.

KIMG1244.jpg.abbcae12f74a799f4a595ac65cacce24.jpg

• Like 8