JPWH

Agreement was made before they got the.routing number.

• Like 3

ACman

Good luck... Jay :handgestures-thumbupright: 

:scratchead: I don't get it , they spend $10 to save a dime . 

• Like 1

slim67

That sucks big time. Im glad your wife and yourself are OK and Im really sorry to see what happened to your tractors. For what its worth I will keep an eye out for hoods in my neck of the woods.

• Like 1

JPWH

Thanks slim67. I have a hood for one and another hood on the way. I will still be looking for another hood as well and a gas tank to have on hand for spares.

• Like 1

rtfbg

Still makes me sick to the stomach.  This is ALL my fault!!!  See Hank was a cool enough guy to agree to haul a D skeleton from the show to his house for me, and since it was hogging up the front of his traier, his two beauties were stuck at the rear, and got crunched.  No favor for me ... and he has a crunched trailer, with 2 good horses!!  Thats what you get for doing a favor!!  LOL  I hope .. no ... pray that this all works out for the best!!!

• Like 1

JPWH

It's not your fault gulftane. It's just one of those things that happen sometimes. I can repair the tractors and the trailer and will be right back up there next year and will always have the satisfaction I was able to help a friend.

• Like 5

953 nut
7 hours ago, gulftane said:

this all works out for the best!!!

The greatest blessings we will ever receive come from being able to share with and help others. Your "D" being on the trailer didn't cause two careless drivers to collide with the trailer.

Looking forward to following your build and I'm glad I had a small part in it by helping load it on Jay's trailer.

• Like 2

JPWH

Very well said Dick. I envy your writing skills and your help loading it was a big part to me. THAT THING WAS HEAVY.LOL

I'm still looking for some wheel dollys like Bob had to move it from my trailer to his. Sure makes it easier.

Edited by JPWH

JPWH

I removed the hoods off of th 854s to see what the hidden damage might be. 1 gas tank, 1 air filter assembly, 2 air filters and 2 sets of hood thumb screws. The new to me tractor hood stand is twisted but I could not tell where without taking it apart.

20170730_182237.jpg.51071f0012aad8deb53042fc0811c577.jpg

Sarge

If those air cleaners got smashed that far - I'd bet the carburetors are cracked as well , maybe not...?

It might be tough to figure out where the point of force stopped , I'd imaging the hood stands should be about the limit but might want to check the tunnel sheet metal as well . Heartbreaking to see these photos for sure ..

Sarge

• Like 1

JPWH

I was thinking the same thing on the carberators but it will be a while before I can find out for sure.

JPWH

KIMG1000.jpg.61110eb3dcf00b4bbef8dbfa9aecce83.jpgI have had the hood for a while now but I got a box of parts today.

KIMG0999.jpg.71bf3b01c63127bef6d5550a636f19f3.jpg

• Like 2

19richie66

That's an LSE hood! It has the owner name tag on it :laughing-rolling: glad it's all coming together for you Jay!

• Like 4

953 nut
38 minutes ago, JPWH said:

I have had the hood for a while now

Is that the hood that @Bert found a few months ago?

JPWH
10 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Is that the hood that @Bert found a few months ago?

It is. I figured someone would remember it.

@19richie66What is an LSE hood?

Edited by JPWH

953 nut
14 minutes ago, JPWH said:

What is an LSE hood?

That is one of the new fancy ones we walk past while looking at our old stuff.    :ychain:

• Like 4

JPWH

I may need to save it for someone who collects such items.

19richie66

Its a joke leaning on the 420LSE model they only made 200 of. They had tags riveted to the hoods that you could have the owners name engraved on. Yours has a tag riveted to it hence the lse comment. Oh well....:laughing-rolling: it was funny when I thought of it.

• Like 3

JPWH

You had me worried for a minute I thought it was the wrong hood so I was trying to figure what was.different. You got me good. It was funny after Dick informed me what an LSE was.

• Like 2

953 nut
1 hour ago, 19richie66 said:

That's an LSE hood! It has the owner name tag on it :laughing-rolling: glad it's all coming together for you Jay!

Here is a picture of one from another thread. Brass plate is on the hood.

post-919-0-73683700-1421249498.jpg

• Like 5

19richie66

I'll never live this one down, lol. My wife tells me I need to be more serious :laughing-rolling:

• Like 5

953 nut
14 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

need to be more serious

Not around here!      :ychain:

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH
15 hours ago, 953 nut said:

Here is a picture of one from another thread. Brass plate is on the hood.

post-919-0-73683700-1421249498.jpg

That can't be an LSE...It has dirt on the tires...!!!

:ychain:

• Like 4

JPWH

The replacement gates, latches, and hinges came in yesterday. Now it is hooked up and ready to go to the trailer repair shop tomorrow. I have already cut off all the damaged parts except the rear cross frame. 

KIMG1002.jpg.fe98bd8c7b704f0c64f01909ccb35519.jpg

If this happens again it will be my own trailer to worry about.

KIMG1001.jpg.e1af9b5dcfcb0e35bd6c3ba7f1de02ff.jpg

Edited by JPWH
  • Like 5

Sarge

I feel your pain - the damage to my utility trailer was from the tongue failing under a load and supported by the jack - I had intended to add a tie-in member to prevent this - didn't get the time to get it done . It basically just fell over , loaded and sitting on the jack the day I broke the engine coupling in the D when I tried to hook it to the truck . Pretty crap design and far too light of materials from the manufacturer . Pre-built a new one out of 2x3x3/16"  rectangle box tubing - gotta weld that up today if it doesn't rain . The new tongue should stop the exaggerated flex in the front half of this trailer - the way they make them now is trusting too much in the engineers and not enough in quality of materials ....ugh . Might sell this one and go hunt down a 77"x14" utility with a 5,000lb rating instead of these lightweight junk 3,500lb models . Wish steel was a bit more fairly priced right now , I'd just use the new tongue to build a new , and much heavier unit .

598c5350e00fd_20170801_1605301.jpg.5b5fe9f5fb90f2aa9f25a975b50aa5c7.jpg

598c53121cb3b_20170809_1544151.jpg.29397335e7a935414ee47bfc84f2c8e8.jpg

Sarge

• Like 3