Fred Jimenez

Finished up a long time project

Uncle Buck

I would love to see that fella in action!

Fred Jimenez

I will try to take a video at the property I'm cutting this weekend for all to see in action. I'm planning on using an electronic actuator or a small winch in the future to control height more accurately but it works well with a little manual force to adjust cutting height for now.

CasualObserver

Lookin' good! :thumbs:  I'm trying to think if I've seen another sickle mounted to the later generation models.... maybe a Haban... but I don't recall ever seeing an original SMS adapted. Appears right at home there and looks good. Looking forward to seeing the video. :popcorn: 

• Like 2

WHX??

Nice :handgestures-thumbupright:... no shortage of power to run it anyway! :)

• Like 1

MalMac

Just remember not to run it a full throttle. Cut that RPM or you run the chance of blowing that wobble box into little biddy pieces. 

• Like 1

Fred Jimenez

Looks like the previous owner had this thing held together with bandaids so I will be doing some welding reinforcing and drilling out bolts and tapping the stripped holes. Everything is getting beefed up to take more abuse I'm going to be cutting the manual lift off and adding a complete hydraulic angle control. I didn't get too far before bolts literally were falling out so hopefully I'll get a video uploaded by next weekend. I really can't believe the junk people sell and try to hide serious issues.

• Like 1