wheelhorseman

New Website and name change!

AMC RULES

:greetings-clapyellow:  Definitely slick & visually appealing Lowell. 

Congrats, & good luck on your new venture.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

Image result for like smiley

• Like 3

rj35hunter

Wow! Awesome Lowell! This hobby needs this kindof thing to keep it going!

• Like 2

bmsgaffer

That is good looking! My only two thoughts so far are: all the red can be hard on the eyes. And the "Page 1...2...x...x" is a little small and it took me a while to notice it was there. 

Awesome job though, and I look forward to seeing what you come up with next!

• Like 1

tunahead72

Very nice job Lowell, although I do agree with Brandon that the amount of red is a bit much.  But overall the site seems to work very well.

And kudos to your web designers for asking for comments!

• Like 1

wheelhorseman

Good comments - keep them coming if you have any!

Daddy Don

This will be a great site for all the :wh: guys

• Like 1

DennisThornton

Lot's of red!

Links didn't work in Android Chrome. 

Mike'sHorseBarn

This site is great!! I do agree with the comments of too much red though. The functionality and layout are all very appealing, I did see the above comment about links not working in Android Chrome so I tested it on my phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 4) and it seemed to work ok. Maybe I should make a purchase and test how the checkout process works! :happy-jumpeveryone:

• Like 1

Notfishin

Looks Great !!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Achto
12 hours ago, wheelhorseman said:

Good comments - keep them coming if you have any!

Great looking site!! :handgestures-thumbupright:  Is there any way that your developer can set up a redirect from your old site name to the new one? For those who may be unaware of the change and go looking for you at your old site.

• Like 2

Big-Game

Your site looks very nice, I will get with you at the show.

Ron Greco

• Like 1

Racinbob

I like it! I'm fine with the red and it is easier to navigate. I wasn't up to speed on how many items you have. :)

One of the many fine products and it just came in the mail today.

5942c1af3ec81_Hitch061517.JPG.06df69757a3e90123230e2fd88fed406.JPG

I had to stop working on my 76 to get it installed on my 2005. What an outstanding design and impeccable workmanship. Thanks Lowell and thanks to Mrs. Scholljegerdes for the call letting me know it shipped. :handgestures-thumbupright::handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 4

nylyon

Just noticed something, you need a lot of new pictures and a call to @Vinylguy

515048250.jpg

• Like 1

obone

I was wondering about your user name. Is our login name and password still the same or do we need to setup a new account? I use to find it by typing in Google wheelhorseman1000. It still brings up the old link, but does not work. Are you going to make it link to your new user name or how would one Google the new site? Did you make new fridge magnets? If so you going bring them to the show?

• Like 1

nylyon

You can always go to the vendor area and click on his logo, it'll take you to his site!  Also his old site redirects to his new site.

• Like 2

857 horse

Lowell,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I looked at the sight,,,,,,read all the comments......looked at the sight....read some more.....Looked at all my tractors,,,,and your tractor with the New Hitch,,,,,((  Very cool,,,by the way ))

I'm not gonna paint my tractors another color,,,,  I guess I like RED !!!!!!!

:banana-dreads::banana-wrench::banana-wrench::banana-wrench:    Let the show begin !!!!!

Spoiler

:banana-wrench:

• Like 1

wheelhorseman
5 hours ago, Achto said:

Great looking site!! :handgestures-thumbupright:  Is there any way that your developer can set up a redirect from your old site name to the new one? For those who may be unaware of the change and go looking for you at your old site.

Just talked to the web designers and this is what is going on...everything was working fine until, I closed out my account for wheelhorseman1000 today and the SSL dropped off.  Unfortunately, this is a google thing and until google refreshes which generally can take a couple of days.

2 hours ago, obone said:

I was wondering about your user name. Is our login name and password still the same or do we need to setup a new account? I use to find it by typing in Google wheelhorseman1000. It still brings up the old link, but does not work. Are you going to make it link to your new user name or how would one Google the new site? Did you make new fridge magnets? If so you going bring them to the show?

In my new store, having a username/login name and a password to get into your account is a thing of the past.  On my new store, all that is required from you is, your email address, mailing address, and whether you want to pay with your PayPal account or if you just want to pay with a debit or credit card.  To see your order history just email me and I will get you that information that is not a problem. 

• Like 1

wheelhorseman
3 hours ago, nylyon said:

Just noticed something, you need a lot of new pictures and a call to @Vinylguy

515048250.jpg

Yes, I got the banners but wanted a slow transition so the pictures will change shortly after the show on the new site and feeBay

IMG_5123.JPG

• Like 3

ztnoo

Lowell,

You requested input on your new website, so here goes my twocents.gif.05b63d84828a0cbc5e32f67eeaaa4c6e.gif. Understand this isn't meant to be intentionally petty, but rather just my own observations and opinions, for whatever they are worth.

Overall, I think it looks to be much more user friendly. Primarily what I mean by that is the previous black page background didn't appeal to me at all......but I virtually despise any site with that background choice. Too Goth-like for my tastes.

The new white background individual pages are much livelier and easier to view, IMO.

Also the previous site mixed various color text descriptions, which I also don't much care for.

Simpler is better IMO, but it is also much more viewable.

One of my dislikes is as bmsgaffer pointed out.........the small font page numbering on the "ALL PRODUCTS" page. There's more old fart buyers viewing this site than 20 year olds, so increase the font page numbers size a little bit.

AND........ then the last thing I would add is probably just a personal quirk of mine, but I'm going to mention it anyway.

I don't like sites which require lots of page changes to view the content. I much prefer to minimize that kind of reader/viewer input by the more user friendly choice of scrolling. I work from a desktop PC, so maybe that influences my preferences over that of a smart phone user.......

Web developers seem to love creating more pages, i.e. create more pages to create more advertising space. It's not necessary in this instance. You are the only advertiser.

Those pages could be condensed to 4-6 pages instead of 12, IMO.

Big improvement over the previous site!

Regards,

Steve

wheelhorseman
2 hours ago, ztnoo said:

Lowell,

You requested input on your new website, so here goes my twocents.gif.05b63d84828a0cbc5e32f67eeaaa4c6e.gif. Understand this isn't meant to be intentionally petty, but rather just my own observations and opinions, for whatever they are worth.

Overall, I think it looks to be much more user friendly. Primarily what I mean by that is the previous black page background didn't appeal to me at all......but I virtually despise any site with that background choice. Too Goth-like for my tastes.

The new white background individual pages are much livelier and easier to view, IMO.

Also the previous site mixed various color text descriptions, which I also don't much care for.

Simpler is better IMO, but it is also much more viewable.

One of my dislikes is as bmsgaffer pointed out.........the small font page numbering on the "ALL PRODUCTS" page. There's more old fart buyers viewing this site than 20 year olds, so increase the font page numbers size a little bit.

AND........ then the last thing I would add is probably just a personal quirk of mine, but I'm going to mention it anyway.

I don't like sites which require lots of page changes to view the content. I much prefer to minimize that kind of reader/viewer input by the more user friendly choice of scrolling. I work from a desktop PC, so maybe that influences my preferences over that of a smart phone user.......

Web developers seem to love creating more pages, i.e. create more pages to create more advertising space. It's not necessary in this instance. You are the only advertiser.

Those pages could be condensed to 4-6 pages instead of 12, IMO.

Big improvement over the previous site!

Regards,

Steve

Don't worry I didn't think to much of my old site either :text-lol: the font will be larger soon!

• Like 1

TDF5G

I just did a little exploring on your site.  Great improvement IMO over the old one.  I find it very easy and efficient to navigate.  I like it!

One question though;  I was looking over the cables for slot hitches and you have #8-5521 with trunnion listed for $30 and one for $32.   What is the difference in these?

Edited by TDF5G

T-Mo

Lowell, do you make the slot to clevis hitch adapters?  I don't think I seen them on your website.

wheelhorseman
10 hours ago, TDF5G said:

I just did a little exploring on your site.  Great improvement IMO over the old one.  I find it very easy and efficient to navigate.  I like it!

One question though;  I was looking over the cables for slot hitches and you have #8-5521 with trunnion listed for $30 and one for $32.   What is the difference in these?

Ok I'm not quite sure how that happened but there is only one now.

10 hours ago, T-Mo said:

Lowell, do you make the slot to clevis hitch adapters?  I don't think I seen them on your website.

Yes I do - they are listed now - thanks for the info.

You guys don't miss much!!!:handgestures-thumbup: I really appreciate all of the feedback. :text-thankyoublue:

• Like 3

Forest Road

Absolutely love it!!!! There's always room for improvement. So far you're off to a great start! 

Will you beoffering LED lights? Particularly 300/400/500 series headlights?