SylvanLakeWH

Favorite WH Modifications

Ed Kennell

Great way to get these ideas out there for everyone to share and use.   Thanks for starting this thread Jim, @SylvanLakeWH

• Like 8

DennisThornton
1 hour ago, wallfish said:

Wrapping the front tires with #40 roller chain for snow blowing and snow plowing.

Much better steering on ice and snow.

Added weight to the snow plow frame back at the rear. It kills 2 birds with added weight to the rear tires and to the plow blade for better scraping.

The tow ball on the front is useful so I bolt one on to the loader bucket when ever it's needed. No need to get my lazy butt out of the seat to move trailers.

How did you mount the weights? 

• Like 2

WHX??

1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said:

Thanks for starting this thread Jim

:text-yeahthat:

LED cab lights would have to be my hat in the ring.

20161219_182138.jpg

20161219_184600.jpg

• Like 9

ohiofarmer

A seat, any seat will do that has some spring to it for the models with a solid one.  This is from a MTD and is raised up enough that I can get on the machine. It is one of those ugly "git -er -done"  projects born of necessity that just hang around  and people make fun of.

Also adding some strength to the transmission tunnel by adding angle iron frame to the top at the rear. Probably the only spot on our tractors that is under engineered. Both the 520 and the Raider 10 were cracked on the seat and pan mounts. Probably happened because that one farmer decided to keep his side ditch mowed,and everyone else did the same Leaning sideways on the seat while mowing to keep upright is hard on the little bit of metal where everything is attached

Oh. And Ed just made my day with the Mole Killer

095.jpg

Edited by ohiofarmer
Ed Rocks
  • Like 4

apc237

love the tiller design Ed Kennell designed. you have any other pics of that Ed i sure would like to do that to my horse and get rid of the yellow and white one i have

• Like 4

cafoose
14 hours ago, JPWH said:

I like my hydraulic lift I built out of necessity to replace the manual lift on my raider 6 speed. Currently being modified and upgraded but I have used it for implements, dragging stumps and logs, and as a tow tractor.

NCM_0184.JPG.1378148b59df182be4a36c07d29f54bb.JPG

KIMG0637.jpg.2de2ebe98fa999f08fa55c8ff54c338a.jpg

NCM_0240.JPG.7f7b4f939394a1131d6b6ad2d6b4b6f1.JPG

Could we get some more detail and more :text-coolphotos:on how the hydraulic lift was built and mounted? :banana-wrench:

• Like 3

JPWH
12 minutes ago, cafoose said:

Could we get some more detail and more :text-coolphotos:on how the hydraulic lift was built and mounted? :banana-wrench:

Thanks for the interest. Look in my Raider 12 modifications current build. I think you'll find what you are looking for.  

• Like 5

squonk

Ed Dog's mole killer! smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-013.gif.c3c5e556138bbe2af9754f3dd13c22bb.gifsmileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-013.gif.c3c5e556138bbe2af9754f3dd13c22bb.gifsmileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-013.gif.c3c5e556138bbe2af9754f3dd13c22bb.gif

Edited by squonk
  • Like 6

857 horse

We assume,,,that Ed K_____ll wi;; be bringing the Rottotiller,,front yard driller,,belt driven thing to the show,,,,,,,

it can be displayed in the (((( Evolution of Cultiviccation )))))  section in the lower field,,,,,

and based on the vote in this thread,,,,,,,,,It looks like Front end Loaders/Jonny Buckets,,,should be the feature tractors next year.

We don't need a 3rd year of Modifieds,,,,,,,,,   just IMHO

Howard in Va

• Like 5

rmaynard

I didn't make it myself, but the best thing I have done to my 416-H horse is to install Matt's foot pedal motion control. 

• Like 8

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Ed Kennell I think Ed has been holding out on all his engineering skills , he needs to bring step by step pictures to the Big Show and teach a class. FEL my main I wish I had. I did put an electric actuator on the rear of my 310-8 to operate the clevis hitch . If I have time before the show I will post pictures of my 416-8 "What the What" ( notice I cleaned that phase up a bit ) @JPWH needs to provide more details on that rear blade .

• Like 5

Ed Kennell
3 hours ago, 857 horse said:

We assume,,,that Ed K_____ll wi;; be bringing the Rottotiller,,front yard driller,,belt driven thing to the show,,,,,,,

it can be displayed in the (((( Evolution of Cultiviccation )))))  section in the lower field,,,,,

Howard in Va

Sorry Howard....no room left for the Mad Max rotovator .  I made a commitment to bring this monster.

IMG_6499.JPG.76e6047b7a4047f2b90aba048dbc89dc.JPG

• Like 5

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Ed Kennell I hope you are bringing your Rat rod or what you call your latest build. The one where wide bodied members will not fit. :ROTF:

• Like 5

cafoose
4 hours ago, 857 horse said:

and based on the vote in this thread,,,,,,,,,It looks like Front end Loaders/Jonny Buckets,,,should be the feature tractors next year.

We don't need a 3rd year of Modifieds,,,,,,,,,   just IMHO

Howard in Va

I'm thinking one of the features should be Favorite Wheel Horse Modifications. It looks like there is a lot of interest based on the interest and responses of this thread. :banana-dance::banana-wrench::banana-jumprope::banana-blonde::banana-rock::banana-dreads::banana-linedance::banana-guitar:

• Like 5

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
9 hours ago, rmaynard said:

I didn't make it myself, but the best thing I have done to my 416-H horse is to install Matt's foot pedal motion control. 

I have to admit the same what Bob mentioned, Matts foot pedal kit was the best I ever did.

BTW fellas some great ingenious ideas that have been posted by everyone, this is leaning on being one of my favorite threads I have read, keep those ideas and pictures coming in.....:greetings-clappingyellow:

Glenn

• Like 7