NJhorses

656 what to do

NJhorses

just acquired this 656 and another tractor, not sure if I should part them out sell them or try to get one functioning. thoughts are appreciated. 

Here is a pic of the 656. had probs getting to upload.

IMG_4059.JPG

12 hp Kohler

Not sure what you should do with them but don't part out the 656, that is a good tractor 

• Like 3

stratostar250

656's are good, as long as you can get them to run.....tecumsehs :angry-banghead:

Amcwheel85

If ya wanna sell the 656 let me know! 

Sparky

My 656 has a Honda 5 horse where the finicky Tecumseh used to be.....it's a great little machine for putting around shows!

My recommendation would be to fix it up or sell it as a complete machine to a WH guy.

Mike....

• Like 3

953 nut
5 hours ago, NJhorses said:

not sure if I should part them out

Unless you have a way of getting the parts into the hands of the people who need them you will sell a couple of parts and be stuck with an incomplete pile of junk parts. Best to sell it as a complete unit. Looks like a replacement engine has been installed, not a deal breaker but not a big plus.   :twocents-02cents:

• Like 1

NJhorses

It is a replacement techy. i think you people are correct i should sell it. and see what parts i can sell from the other one that seems to be missing parts but has a deck and is an auto. Also with 6 horses now i dont need another project.

• Like 4

AMC RULES

:doh:"6" :blink: Is six a lot? :scratchead:

• Like 2

NJhorses

Really 6 isn't. Just try and fit them on a .23 acre lot with no garage and it is a little cramped. not to mention 8 mower decks  2 plows generator 2 snowblower grader blade wagon cultivator and the girlfriend is a little annoyed.

Retired Wrencher

NJhorses My experience is with Tecky`s is  if you can ever get a good carb for these they run fine. I have had many. I had a 606 and a 607 they where 1st or 2nd pull tractors. Also set your timing dead on this helps also. Every 3 to 5 years reseat the valves. I found this out after years of working on them. As 12 hp Kohler  says they are good little tractors. Just my :twocents-02cents:

• Like 2

hm12460

Definitely fix the 656.

• Like 2