JAinVA

Predator mount details

chex313

Jim, where did you source those custom cylinder motor mounts? I am not finding anything in my searches. The only thing I can think of is an impact socket.

• Like 1

JAinVA

Those mounts are indeed custom.I had them on my lathe.They only need to be that tall if you are putting the Pred on a hydro equipted tractor.If you put the Pred on an 8 speed then you could get by stacking washers to get  around 3/8" increase in height.

McMaster Carr has what you need.Look there at the area of spacers/stand offs.The plain aluminum has tons of options .

Edited by JAinVA
  • Thanks 1

chex313
1 hour ago, JAinVA said:

Those mounts are indeed custom.I had them on my lathe.They only need to be that tall if you are putting the Pred on a hydro equipted tractor.If you put the Pred on an 8 speed then you could get by stacking washers to get  around 3/8" increase in height.

McMaster Carr has what you need.Look there at the area of spacers/stand offs.The plain aluminum has tons of options .

Yes Thank you, That is what I need, I'll check Mcmaster...Its for my 520H...It will take me the rest of the summer to rebuild that Onan

Edited by chex313

chex313

My measurements have the HF at 5 1/4" and the Onan at 6/5/8" for 1 3/8" standoff. These are off a flat surface. I left the 1/8" for the mounting plate out.

Is this about the size you made (Below Pic)(Number 8 bolt)? Do you still have the thread size for the available holes in the side of the HF motor? The ones to be used for the PTO Plate. I do not have many metric bolts laying around.

Bolts for mounting? Maybe these?

Medium-Strength Class 8.8 Steel Hex Head Screw, Zinc-Plated, M5 x 0.8 mm Thread, 80 mm Long

IMG_20200524_102619.jpg

Edited by chex313

JAinVA

The bolts I used were 3/8" diam.No metric fasteners are needed to mount.If you want to attach the pto ,SAE hardware is used and you don't need metric fasteners there either.The Onan plate is 1/4" so 1 1/4" spacer is just right.

Edited by JAinVA
  • Thanks 1

chex313

I'll measure my plate again. I measured it at 1/8" and I'll try my SAE bolts...I assumed they were metric threads in the HF motor...Your replies are a great help. :text-thankyouyellow:

EDIT: Nice the SAE bolts fit. and the plate measures at 3/16"  so 1 1/4" spacer/standoff will work fine.:thumbs:

Edited by chex313
  • Like 1

JAinVA

I checked the plate thickness and you are correct.It measures 3/16" not 1/4".I just knew it was thicker than 1/8".Thanks for jogging my memory on this conversion as I am going to fit another Pred 13 on to the 94 312 I just brought home.The Predator 13 can't beat the Onan in smoothness or power but in a pinch will allow you the time to get the Onan sorted out.Luck,JAinVA

Edited by JAinVA
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• t_furl43
      By t_furl43
      A really nice 1995 wheelhorse 416H runs and drives great no leaks only 920 hrs, motor runs strong, starts right up, brand new back tires 23x10.5x12, has slot hitch, comes with 42” RD deck and 42” snowplow, wheel weights and all 4 hubcaps, I’ll also throw in an extra set of tires, will need a seat but that’s it, pickup in millersville pa 17551, price is negotiable, will trade for an Economy Powerking tractor or John Deere 318
    • Bill D
      By Bill D
      I picked up a low hour, (189.6) abandoned 416h yesterday.  Does anyone know what size the o-ring is that seals the carb to the air cleaner?  Mines cracked and I expected it to break in pieces when I remove it there by making it useless for sizing at the hardware store.  Also, the voltage regulator is missing.  Has anyone tried used a regulator from a Kawasaki as a replacement?  I have a couple here and thought about trying them.  Can anyone tell me if this engine has the governor spacer with the tab?  Thanks.

• Brockport Bill
      By Brockport Bill
      416 Hydro Tractor For Sale - please see photos. Just over 700 hours on meter. Powerful Onan 16 Hp ---  Has Automatic transmission and Hydraulic lift........New filters for tranny, engine, and fuel. New engine and trans oil. 2 new spark plugs. Only a few operating hours on near new Battery. Rear "Ag" Tires plus excellent tread front tires - Rims in excellent condition. Tin looks good. Front and rear lites work. New PTO safety switches. Also available For Sale is 48 inch re-conditioned mower deck for $425 - shell plus lift carriage assembly, all sand blasted clean to remove all rust, then two coats primer and two coats final top coat paint. Mower blades cleaned, sharpened and balanced. Rollers and wheels good condition. Also available For Sale: 48 inch plow unit - complete frame with necessary parts, springs, angle control lever, etc. Plus, like new re-conditoned blade had rust cleaned, then two coats primer and two final top red coats, newly welded reinforced iron bottom plate, plus rust cleaned and re-habbed painted wear edge blade with new carriage bolts @ $290. Also available For Sale: Rear Axle Bracket for plow, tiller, etc set up @ $65: All items cash pick up Hudson River Valley, Poughkeepsie NY area. Please Send private message to contact

• Rollo416H
      By Rollo416H
      I'm new here, but I have years and miles of dealing with electrical issues with my 1997 416H, engine Onan P216G (I am the only owner) . Problem description: the start circuit turns the starter over fine, but no spark at the plugs or the coil sockets by spark tester.  The ignition trigger tests good by connecting a test light to the coil positive and and the ignition trigger negative lead, plenty of light flash from the test light in unison with the engine turning over. So, I conclude the ignition trigger, replaced 3/18/2021 along with the coil is good.  I have followed the "Demystification" wiring diagram in detail and there is 12V at the coil positive terminal, wiriing is solid (for now), all those damn safety switches, key switch,  and relays work too. I conclude that the coil is bad since the primary side tests 3.1 OHM and the secondary tests infinite OHMS (1. displayed on multimeter).  Two coils (Onan part# 166-0820) have NEW dates of 3/2021 and 8/2021, and yes both have the same test results mentioned. Infinite OHMs to me means the coil windings are broken. The most recent coil came from Onanparts.com and tested as mentioned above when it arrived.  Onanparts won't take anything back!  There are a lot of coils on ebay and various suppliers from China.  Maybe good, maybe bad, who can tell? And most suppliers won't accept returned electrical parts. Please help: What are good test readings for a GOOD coil (primary and secondary). Who do you recommend as a reliable supplier for a new coil? 
      Thanks for any help!
      Rollo416H
    • Bill D
      By Bill D
      Hi,

I have a cracked seat support on my tractor.  Does anyone have pictures of how they have repaired or beefed up this area?  I did see a thread regarding repairs but I am trying to figure out how to beef up this area without causing problems for myself when reinstalling the belt gard and other covers.  Thanks.

Bill