Terry T

V-belt for 36" deck

Terry T

I have a 212-6 with a 36" mower deck

The owner's manual and parts list does not show a 36" one, only 30" one.

The v-belt no linger drives the deck.

Belt  measures 115"+, but when I try a new 115"er, it is too short, and a 116" is too long.

What's up with that????

gwest_ca

36" rear discharge with 3 blades

1/2 x 116"

4 page service bulletin for this deck

Garry

Terry T

I tried that one but if a set the idler adjustment to the 1/2" to 1" setting, belt is too loose.

To get it to cut, it needs to se set at 0"

Terry T

Thanks

I was trying to adjust with the other idler pulley.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Goldnboy
      By Goldnboy
      Recently I have come across a solution for the 3/4" deck spindle shafts that have the 2"+ big nut on the blade end. Every one I have come across are spinning and make blade changes difficult!

Cut the nut off with sawzall and  thread the shaft down with a die and then thread on a 3/4NF jam nut to the end of the threads (use blue locktite ). I measure the distance from the pulley end of shaft to the front of the big nut before removing so that I thread the shaft down the correct distance.

You will notice in the picture the big nut vibrated loose before i could finish cutting it. This is my 5th repair like this. Makes me wonder if others are doing the same.
    • Yankee64
      By Yankee64
      Hello,

I have a C-160 with 16HP Kohler that had a 42" deck on it. That deck needs some work so I switched it to my 5-0721 36" deck that I put a new deck belt and new blades on, but can't get it hooked up. I can't find the transfer belt size for this combo, I think that's what it's called, the belt to the PTO.

I don't know what I hit, but new kids across the ally have been throwing rocks in my yard at a ground hog (all over, they have rock pile from the garden) and whatever it was, it jammed on the spindle of the 42" deck and ripped the deck where the spindle mounts. I'm going to fix it up nice while it's not in use.  Wouldn't you know, I started in the back yard and the front is starting to look bad. I've been fiddling for a few days and bought a couple of  belts but haven't gotten it right. If anyone knows the belt size for a C-160 with a 5-0721 36" deck, I'd sure appreciate your assistance.