Stepney

Returned to stay!

Stepney

Hello, all. Well, I've been on and off here for the last few years. I'd sold off most of my tractors, yes, all 23 of them. Well, for various reasons I replaced most of my tractor fleet with antique snowmobiles, and now most of those except for a few are gone. Well, the only true antique tractor I still had was a very abused Sears Custom XL-10, and my '68 Electro that will never leave my house. Well, neither of those do much work anymore as the Sears needs a ton of work, and the Electro has no hitch, deck, or basically an engine as it's so clapped out. (1qt oil per 30 minutes, I haven't put gas in it for 3 years because all it does is idle around the yard for pictures.:D) So, after a neighbors 80's TroyBilt finally quit, I decided perhaps it would be fun to have another old tractor working. (All my work is now done on a 1984 JD-116 with a boxer twin) So I set out looking for some parts for the Electro on CL. I stumbled upon a '67 1077, listed as a 1953 model, with the ad reading "Make an offer, doesn't run, no compression, parts only." I just wrote a reply saying, not to put word in his mouth, but it was a '67, and I asked what was wrong. Guy came back thanking me, and said he had someone coming last friday for it for 'way less then he thought it was worth'. I replied saying the body and deck looked decent, I'd say 2-300 all day with todays pricing around here. He told me it was mine for 100.:blink: So, I went down on Friday and got her. He was the second owner, he had all the paperwork for it, and it's in surprisingly good shape. He again said it was blown up and no good. Got it home and couldn't remember where the release for the hydro was. I figured I'd just throw a battery in it, and toll it on the starter backwards. Iw as just parts, after all? Well while I was there for laughs, I'd put some gas in it.. who would have thought it would fire right up and run perfectly? So, well, here she is! The tranny is having some issues I'll digress into later, but the deck is perfect, just faded. Everything, even the generator and lighter work! Tires are original and hold air. I can't believe it! So, I guess I'm back into the hobby!

Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 9.50.36 AM.png

• Like 6

Achto

Nice score! :handgestures-thumbupright: Is that a T-Maxx I see laying on the floor?

JUSS10

looks like half a T-Maxx haha

Nice score!

Stepney

Haha, yeah once upon a time that was a 3.3 TMaxx, front bulkheads broke and some guy from school gave it to me.. I got it put back together and found the transmission to be junk and the engine was shot, then somehow hardly even driving it I broke the bulkheads again.:D

• Like 1