Sign in to follow this  
Sugarmaker

A-100 project tractor

Duff

So Chris...did you go walkin' through the mudd 'cuz it was the only way to get where you were goin', or was it 'cuz you wanted to play in the mudd with yer tracter???? :drool:

:omg: How are your bees doing this season? Scary stuff on the national news last night..... :(

Duff :drool:

Sugarmaker

Duff,

I missed the news, and haven't checked my bees for several days. They were all flying on Sunday! we have 11 hives I think. Hoping for a good spring honey flow.

I have to go get a swarm of bees tonight, near Conneaut Ohio.

The mudding video ( which is not real good) was shot by Mike. He was using the A-100 as a mud bogger. I didn't get into that. He never got stuck though!

Chris

Sugarmaker

Guys,

Spent some quality time repairing the A-100 trans axle. Seems a hardened key sheaared off in the drive line main large gear in the Peerless trans, I did a 'quick' repair on this and got it back together.

Mike wants to try this little tractor at a garden tractor pull. So I added the weight bar we have, and it can hold 150 lb. I est the total weight with Mike is not going to be over 500 lb.

Also took the straight pipe off re tapped the 10 HP block and re-istalled it to "tighten" it up.

Rumor has it that a A-90 may be coming our way from a wheel horse bone yard in NY.

Also in the process of restoring a Cub 127 ( 12 hp Hrdro) back to good working condition. Engine is out for boring and valves and most of the paint work is done. Lots of hours that Eric (son) has put in to it. It will look very nice from 10-20 feet! I will have about $1000 in parts and labor. (I am sure you dont want CUB pictures on here:))

Hey! Hope all the WH folks are having a great summer, we are!

Regards,

Chris

Sugarmaker

Folks,

I know I haven't been on here for a while. Very busy with the other hobbies like Bees and Maple Syrup.

May need your help again!

Looking for a good rear end for a A-100 or ideas or a beefier rear end that might work in the A-100?

We did some damage to the key and several gears in the rear end. Probably due to the loaded lug tires and some general ramming around preformed by Mike (grandson/owner/driver:))

Anyway we got a donor tractor (A-90) from a wheel horse collector in NY but the rear end is in worse shape than the one that we have and not enough part to make one good rear end.:notworthy:

I would be willing to trade whats left of the A-90 for a bullet proof rear end!!!

BTW I did get a set of small 6 inches rims from the A-90 that I could put tri-ribs on some day for the A-100. These have solid "bushings" not bearings in the hubs. Would that have been original equipment on a A-90?

I promise to try to get on here more often! I really like that little A-100 and would like to get it moving again!

(Shhh don't tell anyone Mike and I drug a CUB 86 out of a barn and got it running this summer too, that's another story for another forum:))

Regards

Problems in PA!

Chris

rickv1957

Sounds like your tractor is coming along!!,Rick

Sugarmaker

Sawhorse, Thanks I checked. Yes prices were good. Might be able to adapt one of these?

Rick, Not doing much on the tractors right now! Wow you have a stable full of horses!

Regards,

Merry Christmas!

Chris C.

Sugarmaker

TT,

I tried to use the link you gave me a while ago on the peerless transmission exploded view and cant find the exploded view. I get to the parts tree.com and some views but cant find this one . What am I doing wrong. I was considering seeing if I could buy new gears. for the peerless trans axle.

Regards,

Chris

TT

Unfortunately as more time passes after the closing of Tecumseh (parent company of Peerless), many of the parts inventories are being depleted and support for their products is being discontinued.

I have noticed that quite a few sites are coming up blank when searching for parts for older models - and not just Tecumseh / Peerless.

You may luck out and find an older dealer that has some of this stuff on a shelf in the attic, but don't get your hopes up.

Another option is to find another brand of tractor / riding mower with the same base model transaxle (in this case, a 600 series) and combine two (or more) units to make one good one.

I can't remember exactly which model you have, so here's a link to the 648:

http://www.odref.com/peerless/600-SERIES/600-648.PDF

and one for the 662:

http://www.odref.com/peerless/600-SERIES/600-662.PDF

Sugarmaker

Terry,

Thanks Again,

I had a feeling the experts in wheel horse tractors could help out. The 662 is the trans axle that I have in the A-100. This time I printed them out for future reference.

I have been busy working on maple equipment bottling honey and hunting whitetails too.

Regards,

Chris