Sign in to follow this  
tommyg

deck height

tommyg

A couple years ago, I did a couple modifications to put the 60" WH deck under my D-180 to replace the flimsy 48" deck it came with. The conversion went perfectly, but there's one thing I can't figure out, and that is why I can't get the deck to cut any higher than about 2 3/4". Anyone else do this same conversion who can chime in on whether or not that's to be expected with this deck?

tommyg

OK, so let me rephrase that. Anyone with a 520 and a 60" deck... what's the max height you can get from your mower?

farmer

I don't have either tractor/deck combination your asking about but I think they all work on the same principle, the gauge wheel setting dictates the height of the cut. The only way to alter it beyond these settings is to cut with the deck in the up position or to fit larger diameter gauge wheels. 

Of course doing either of these will limit the 'float' of the deck in work which could lead to the deck being forced up against the underside of the tractor, leading to possible damage.  :twocents-twocents:

Edited by farmer
  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Swemill
      By Swemill
      Hi everyone!
      Long time since i was here and my old pics is gone from the forum.
      I just uploaded a movie with pics on youtube, and thought i could share it for you guys.
      I would love to get some comments on my Youtube channel, from you true Wheel Horse fans! 

Thanks and Best Regards  

• 87buickt
      By 87buickt
      Listing for a friend, late 70s I believe D200 deck and plow. Been sitting for a while, make reasonable offer, friend also has tons of literature he may part with, if Interested let me know

• Nathan W
      By Nathan W
      Does this look factory for 1976 

• wh315-8
      By wh315-8
      Anyone be able to measure out the Top Link Bar for the 50” D Series Tiller?
      Just finished rebuilding a tiller, have a adjustable type but would like to put a original type on like the manual has listed.

• BMW1
      By BMW1
      What gauges were standard on wheel horse D160 D180 D200 series tractors?
      Was the dash light only an option on the D200?

On D180 and D200 series tractors I've seen, it seems like they all had Ammeter, oil pressure, and transmission temperature.
      I've only seen engine hours and dashlight on one D200.

I'm not sure about D160.  I have never seen one up close.

Thanks.