Stike

C195 27x9.5- 15 rear lug tires

Stike

Hello everyone, spring is finally here and I think it's time for lug tires on my c195 (a lot of wet muddy ground), my problem is I can't find 27x9.5x15 tires and am at a loss as to where to go, anyone with suggestions (tire source, alternate tire or rim size etc.)would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, can't wait to get back on the horse.

stevebo

IMG_1511.JPG

Sorry but this is the best picture I have. These skidsteer type tires work great. 

• Like 3

Aldon

15 inch Ag's are elusive and rare and old stock if and when you find them. Other than at stop and go tire. I think it's either a 6.7 or 7.6 wide Ag they sell. Kind of narrow for my taste.

i swapped out Hubs to D series and bought a rim blanks and centers from miller tire to fit 29x12.5-15 AG's on. Had to do minor mod work to get clearance fit...

• Like 2

Stike

Thanks for the replies, didn't realize it would be this hard to find tires, on the 7.6x15 what is the aspect ratio, I don't mind narrower tire and would like to find something to fit without to much modification, love the D series will have one someday.

T-Mo

Good to know that the size of tires are available at Stop and Go Tires.  I bought a set of 26 x 12 x 12 ag tires from them a couple of years back for a JD 400.  Since it looks like I'm picking up a couple of 953s and a GT-14, it's good to know I can find ag tires that will fit those tractors.

pacer

And I'm sure you noticed the price too -- $88!!:-o and as I recall his shipping was very reasonable also.

Another tidbit of info - the tire is exactly 33 inches tall which will be of interest to you T-Mo. On my 1054 it was pretty close to the fender, something like 3/4-1" but that was enough. The D has a good bit more room than that....

Finalresult002_zps1e45d5a7.jpg

• Like 4

T-Mo
2 hours ago, pacer said:

And I'm sure you noticed the price too -- $88!!:-o and as I recall his shipping was very reasonable also.

Another tidbit of info - the tire is exactly 33 inches tall which will be of interest to you T-Mo. On my 1054 it was pretty close to the fender, something like 3/4-1" but that was enough. The D has a good bit more room than that....

Finalresult002_zps1e45d5a7.jpg

That is a nice looking 1054. Real nice.

• Like 2

Shynon

Got mine from Friedrich tire in Chanhassen Mn. 6.70-15 they were pricey but they were the closest match in size for my 953

IMG_5888.JPG

IMG_5889.JPG

• Like 2

Sarge

If it's a 15" rim and 33" tall - could just jump off the deep end and use these ...

http://www.ntwonline.com/33X1050X15C-BOGGER-INTERCO-SUPER-SWAMPER-P26750.aspx

Those do show up often on CL/Epay used with quite a lot of tread left when folks upgrade in size or change tire types on offroad trucks....

Sarge

Stike

Well I decided to go with carlisle Trac chief 27x8.5-15, could've gone with 28x10.5- 15 after seeing them but they work great in deep mud plus they weigh about 3 times what the turf tires did at 38lbs each but putting 6 ply tires on with portable tire changer is not easy.

Stike

C195rear.thumb.jpg.cd848cc1c4b44fc21dd89b01f1004cca.jpgHad to renew membership to upload pic, didn't realize it expired.

• Like 2

Adams94
On 5/12/2017 at 7:36 PM, Stike said:

C195rear.thumb.jpg.cd848cc1c4b44fc21dd89b01f1004cca.jpgHad to renew membership to upload pic, didn't realize it expired.

I have these on my c195 and I like them a lot