Dan693

Lawn Ranger Mowing Scalping.....Fixed

Dan693

First pic is the first mowing attempt......scalp city. Not sure why WH wouldn't have put a few height choices....only all up or all down.

Second and third pics are 2 things I did to fix the scalp problem. I added 2 more notches on the lift bracket and a spring assist to let the deck raise evenly.

Fourth pic is the result.....mowed pretty nice for a 51 year old mower. It will never be all stock so I figured a few alterations wouldn't hurt.

Getting ready to tear down my main mower so I'll use the little LR as a temp fill-in.

Yes.....it's purple. I'll hit it with Regal Red in time. I learned the hard way to get the thing totally operational before messing with the look.

I also added a trunk!

lrm1.jpg

lrm3.jpg

lrm2.jpg

lrm4.jpg

lrs1 (1).jpg

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Matt_8
      By Matt_8
      I was wondering if anyone knew what wheel weights i would use for my lawn ranger on stock wheels three lug pattern

• Matt_8
      By Matt_8
      I just bought a 1967 WH lawn ranger and i was wondering the best place to find a rear fender pan

• D_Mac
      By D_Mac
      So.... I just got home with this. I been wanting to fix one up for my 9 yr old nephew. I need to do it in a hurry as I will be going in hospitol soon for my 3rd battle with cancer. You know the story. Was told it ran about a month or so ago. Not running now. I just got home with it so I haven't checked it out yet. Have never owned a Lawn Ranger before, and know nothing about them. Maybe you guys can tell me what I have here and any advice would be helpful as well. Seems to be complete with the exception of the seat. Going to need to pick one up somewhere. 

• CeeBee
      By CeeBee
      Good shape. Electric Start. Kept in a shed. Need the space now. Includes Manual. Pickup only.

• jp_vikings
      By jp_vikings
      I have what I believe is a 1964 Lawn Ranger. 
      I'm wondering how rare they are and wondering what it is worth in the original condition it is in now.
      May possibly restore it when I catch up on all my other projects. 
      Thank you!