Jams

Vermont wheel horse

Road-Track

JAMS,

I am in Colchester and have all the implements you mentioned and know what is needed for each and how they are installed. Let me know if the manuals are not enough

Welcome to Red Square

• Like 2

Retired Wrencher
6 hours ago, Road-Track said:

JAMS,

I am in Colchester and have all the implements you mentioned and know what is needed for each and how they are installed. Let me know if the manuals are not enough

Welcome to Red Square

Thanks RC for helping out a fellow Vermonter.

• Like 2

EricF
13 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Not to steal the thread , but didn't  C C make something similar to the JD patios in the same time frame ? 

Well, Cub Cadet's were always white (cream)-over-yellow in that era; I don't recall ever seeing any other color combinations until the IH red versions in the 1980's, I believe.

Diversification was sort of a "thing" in the early 70s, but JD learned quick that green-and-yellow was an inseparable part of their brand. They've certainly stuck to it ever since.

Tractors in general seem to have their brand identities tied to their paint colors. The only one I can think of off my head that successfully changed their signature color was Ford, going from gray-over-red to blue. But, the blue was of course related to the Ford "blue oval" signature badge, and they did that at the same time as a major design overhaul, so it made sense to buyers.

The Work Horse line's gray color scheme worked, since it was supposed to be a clear sub-brand of Wheel horse, with identifiable differences. But could you imagine the backlash if WH had ever tried to make the regular tractor line in anything but red? :shock:

Edited by EricF

Retired Wrencher
On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 0:58 PM, C-85 said:

Welcome St. Albans!

As far as 197 goes, I'm pretty sure they've gone out of business or at least moved.  I'm from White River Jct. and was through Essex Junction a couple of weeks ago and went by where 197 was and it's some other kind of store, but nothing to do with lawn and garden equipment. 

When my family was a :wh: dealer we used to do some dealer swaps with 197 and I believe it was owned by a guy named Randy Parker.  Not sure what happened to them, which is sad they sold a lot of red tractors!

I wish your location was closer because I would like to have more Wheel Horse neighbors! :)

C-85

Where was your family's dealership located at. And when was this? 70`s 80`s?