farmer

Something...'different'.

HorseFixer

The Tires look Awesome!     :bow-blue:     I however, do not see any Pinch Point in that setup. Besides Pinch Points we just call LIVING ON THE EDGE here in MICHIGAN.  :whistle:

• Like 1

Texas Todd

Its great to see the big picture. Awesome!! Keep it up!

• Like 2

HorseFixer

I'm liking it Brother of the Bucket! :handgestures-thumbupright:   So the next Question?  What's on Your BUCKET LIST?  :ROTF:

• Like 3

farmer
3 hours ago, HorseFixer said:

I'm liking it Brother of the Bucket! :handgestures-thumbupright:   So the next Question?  What's on Your BUCKET LIST?  :ROTF:

Having the paint fairies come and paint the pigging thing!  :happy-jumpeveryone:

• Like 3

HorseFixer
9 hours ago, farmer said:

Having the paint fairies come and paint the pigging thing!  :happy-jumpeveryone:

Are you gonna have the SAND BLASTING FAIRIES do a job on it first?  :think:    

DennisThornton

I used to have a 100lb pressure tank and a big commercial compressor so sandblasting wasn't such an issue.  Now it is...

Texas Todd

I guess you don't have Harbor Freight across the pond, eh? :ychain:

Flap and wire wheel works just as well for me. HF Sand blast cabinet for the small stuff. 

• Like 2

HorseFixer

Brother Bucket Farmer was the Leading Edge and Heel Pad hat you were going to show me what my Bucket needed?   :think:  I had been planning on a knife on the leading edge but I had been thinking about something on the trailing edge and you answered my question!  :handgestures-thumbupright:  Thanks ~Duke

• Like 1

farmer

Texas Todd, Sand blast cabinets/equipment are available here it's just something that I've never really needed.. until now. :)

I have rigged up a biggish E tank, so hopefully over summer I can boil the rust away while doing other things. :P 

And Duke, yep the 'heel' pads were the item I referred to in your thread. I can't recall seeing them on buckets in general on RS, just a bit of protection. (Mine were a couple of ram mounts I got wrong) :ph34r: ;)

The eagle eyed cat watchers must have gone to sleep,..couple more chances coming up. Tonight throttle/choke and a ride through  the countryside.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3

elcamino/wheelhorse

I can not wait for the finished project. All I can say so far is "Ab Fab" from the series and movie. Cheers

• Like 2

DennisThornton
28 minutes ago, farmer said:

A few small items needed attending to before my creation headed off to the hydraulic pipe doctor. 

IMG_1216.thumb.JPG.241459c7d9a8a0034704d0b4cb70e2e4.JPG

Wiring the ignition, ammeter, lights was a temporary fix, just to get life and test out how it would perform. I decided the throttle/choke would be best placed down under the seat as shown, basically once the engine is put to work with a hydro the throttle can be set and left alone, so putting it here would save Buying long cables and trying to route them up to the dash. 

IMG_1250.thumb.JPG.25a4b00f4b6cdc73c7e12df25ec482f3.JPG

I purchased two LED work lights and with the old seat support bracket made up some mounts. 

IMG_1252.thumb.JPG.c3de9fb35617722c9acd7b8159776077.JPG

Of course I forgot about the light mount till the machine was stripped down again, so best guess was about here.  :P

IMG_1218.thumb.JPG.c276eef45b34eb2c5fa9e2f306d2830b.JPG

Then one sunny morning the ILS was placed on the trailer for its appointment with the pipe man. (don't worry I strapped it down). 

IMG_1219.thumb.JPG.820064a46e774f1a1620b73851f69492.JPG

Couldn't resist the 'what's in your mirror' shot, must look a little strange as you all seem to drive on the wrong side of the road. :teasing-poke:  :blink:

IMG_1221.thumb.JPG.af823cb54dd59ea461695288ec9043fc.JPG

Later on and it returns all piped up and ready for trials. 

And there we have it, the journeys end, well all bar the grinding and brushing and painting....uuaagh. 

I'm gonna leave you hanging now until it's done, Thank you all for following along and as Arnie would say 'I'll be back'.  :thumbs:

Well ain't that something!  Not sure what but there's a Wheel Horse in there somewhere i know!  But which end is which?

I want to try it!

• Like 2

Texas Todd

Bravo ol Chap! :greetings-clappingyellow:

• Like 3

farmer

One thing to clear up, someone please tell me you spotted  the cat, surly you did Craig? :ROTF:

• Like 2

JPWH

Cat was on wheels.

• Like 1

farmer

Thank you JPWH,

l have been wondering how a cute cuddly furry cat could lift my project on and off the bench!!...your prize?..a bumper/hydraulic oil tank.  ;)

• Like 3

JPWH

And a grand prize it was! I have been wrestling with how to design one for a few months. I just couldn't get out of the box. Lol lol

• Like 2

Texas Todd

I'm in withdrawal already.....:UK:

• Like 1

HorseFixer

By the way, I like CAT's they taste just like Chicken!  :handgestures-thumbupright:   So what's the hold up ya got that thing painted yet?  :hide:   Or ya still fussing with her Bonnet?  :dunno: 

Edited by HorseFixer
  • Like 1

farmer

Don't pressure me......:ROTF:

I hinted enough about my enthusiasm for prepping/painting, Lol. 

This is why I built the thing, then posted it all up!   To give you an idea of time scale I'm... 'thinking' about... 'maybe' buying a paint brush.   :confusion-waiting:  :P

• Like 3

AMC RULES

If it ain't a Cat...

it's a dog.  :teasing-poke:

• Like 2

meadowfield

c'mon Rex...  did you buy a brush and some paint or do we need to have a whip round? :P

• Like 1

Uncle Buck

Damned impressive! Incredible fab skills and ingenuity!