BOB ELLISON

upcoming shows

BOB ELLISON

What is the biggest and best show ?

I know there is one in mentone Indiana on June 2-3  and one in Biglerville, PA on June 23-25. So which one to go to ?? I'm closer to Indiana but which is the best.

rmaynard

Without question the WHCC show in PA.

• Like 5

BOB ELLISON
3 minutes ago, rmaynard said:

I will try my best to make this one. 7 hours for me but I know others travel farther than that. Thank you rmanard

• Like 4

roadapples
18 minutes ago, rmaynard said:

All :wh: and over 60 :rs:members in the group picture last year...

• Like 2

JimD
2 hours ago, rmaynard said:

Bob, have you ever been to the show in Mentone? I haven't so I was wondering what makes one better than the other?  I have been to the WHCC show in Pa. and can testify that it is a great show.

• Like 2

AMC RULES

rmaynard

Jim, if your question is to me, the answer is no, I've never been to Mentone. However, in the context of Wheel Horse shows, my opinion is that an "all Wheel Horse" show is naturally a better choice for someone looking to see Wheel Horse tractors, find parts, and meet the guys from this forum.

• Like 6

BOB ELLISON

I have not made it to any shows yet.i joined RedSquare  in August 2015 after all  the shows were over. and 2016 I was in Kentucky during the shows. So this is the first year I'm able to attend. 

• Like 3

ACman

Bob...Spring Mentone they moved due to trying to get better weather as it seemed to be always cold and rainy . Mentone was basically just a swap meet (no showing tractors) with a bunch of  :wh:Horse-A-Holics , but this year they're combining it with some other festival and I think it's a bring what you got for show and swap  :confusion-shrug: . So this is all new .

I can tell you I made the pilgrimage to P.A. last year . Do yourself a favor and show up on Thursday morning when everyone is setting up , because by noon Saturday the show grounds are all cleared out . Thursday and Friday is :wh:Wheel Horse heaven and it won't disappointed :woohoo: !!! 

• Like 7

BOB ELLISON

I have 1 last question 

Where is the best place to stay there, l mean hotel wise. I have read it is best to get a  reservation early. Where do you recommend? ??

• Like 1

953 nut
15 minutes ago, BOB ELLISON said:

I have 1 last question 

Where is the best place to stay there, l mean hotel wise. I have read it is best to get a  reservation early. Where do you recommend? ??

A bunch of us stay at the Comfort Inn, 3301 Black Gap Road, Chambersburg  (717) 263 6655

• Like 4

rmaynard

Because I had had spinal fusion surgery 7 months earlier, I stayed at the Hampton Inn Gettysburg last year, which is only about 15 minutes away. Past years I have camped on site, and plan to do so again this year.

• Like 2

BOB ELLISON
15 minutes ago, rmaynard said:

Because I had had spinal fusion surgery 7 months earlier, I stayed at the Hampton Inn Gettysburg last year, which is only about 15 minutes away. Past years I have camped on site, and plan to do so again this year.

I would like to camp also but I don't think my son's camper will be ready so it's a hotel for me. I just wanted to get a idea of where everyone stays when they go.

• Like 1

BOB ELLISON

Who do I not want to stay in the same hotel with ????? Other than @Squawk I heard to stay away from his hotel or was that a lie. I'll bet he is fun and a really nice guy.

• Like 2

857 horse

Wow,,,,,,,how did I miss this post.???????this don't compare to a Super Bowl,,,,We don't have sky booths......and we are very color coordinated.......Red and Linnen white..........

I was skiming thru 953 Nuts pic spread,,,,,,i see a pic of Craig and Ed Kennel or is that WX11 or 9 or something....man that is a hand ful....the shopping and flea market is open,,,,,sun up till dark,,,,,the food is home cooked and great,,,,,,,,dont get on the teeter totter thing,,,,,the kids have it nailed,,,,,unless your name is JEFF,,,,,,,,drive slow,,,,you will find people stopped and talking,,,in the road,,,,in line for food or icecream,,,,,   driving thru cattle is safer,,,,,,,,

dont come,,,,,and never know,,,,         But if you come once,,,,,,                                                      ,your summer plans will change,,,,,,most likely for life,,,,

857Horse,,,,,,,,,down deep in  VA

Edited by 857 horse
  • Like 4

BOB ELLISON

OK 

953 nut
2 hours ago, BOB ELLISON said:

Who do I not want to stay in the same hotel with ????? Other than @Squawk I heard to stay away from his hotel or was that a lie. I'll bet he is fun and a really nice guy.

Mike, Aldon, Steve, Joe Bob and several others can all be found hanging out at the Comfort Inn; me too.

• Like 4

953 nut
23 hours ago, 953 nut said:

Mike, Aldon, Steve, Joe Bob and several others can all be found hanging out at the Comfort Inn; me too.

58e5901637ad3_BusBench.jpg.56626aa03da4a858c2db9bb13951f849.jpg

Need I say More?

• Like 4

BOB ELLISON

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. And that picture says it all. I think they are happy whatever there looking at. Steve reminds me of uncle Si from duck dynasty with that cup.

• Like 4

Shynon
On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 7:48 PM, 953 nut said:

58e5901637ad3_BusBench.jpg.56626aa03da4a858c2db9bb13951f849.jpg

Need I say More?

What happens at the Comfort Inn stays at the Comfort Inn

• Like 5

tims tractors

That group looks just smart enough to get in out of the rain :)

• Like 6

rmaynard
6 hours ago, tims tractors said:

That group looks just smart enough to get in out of the rain :)

That's questionable. :think:

• Like 7

squonk
18 hours ago, Shynon said:

What happens at the Comfort Inn stays at the Comfort Inn

Yup. After an awesome Italian dinner nothing like settin for a spell and lettin the air out! :occasion-xmas:

Squawk? :think: :confusion-scratchheadblue:gah.gif.9bf702dc85bfda9372bb9fcaf65cac5c.gif :)

Edited by squonk
  • Like 4

elcamino/wheelhorse

@squonk which air ? upper or lower , Sounds like you are mentioning @stevasaurusor @Aldon. Had fun with you guys last year . Not sure if I will make it this year due to wife's back surgery in May. Waldo

• Like 1