ClassicTractorProfessor

Found this one locally...what's everyone's thoughts and opinions

ClassicTractorProfessor

Found this tractor here in town this morning...Has roughly 25-30 hrs on engine rebuild...Comes with the correct rear tires as well...Guy is asking 400 which I don't think is bad considering their rarity around here. Thoughts and opinions?

photo0.jpg

• Like 6

bmsgaffer

What model is it, I cant quite make it out?

400 is not half bad for any running and driving tractor. But thats up to you. It looks like it will be a bit hacked up though with that added alternator (charging system not work?), muffler (what the... hanging off the block for who knows how many years...), and cut up hood to add that alternator.

• Like 1

ClassicTractorProfessor

Not sure on model exactly...I can't make it out in the pictures either...Going to look at it in person around 1.

bmsgaffer

I know its a blackhood, I think it is a C-125. I love my blackhoods. Repowering a C-105 with a 16Hp kohler at the moment. 

It has a rubber mounted engine cradle. Rubber is likely shot, and they are expensive to replace, but I have @wheelhorseman1000 on the job for replacements, solid or otherwise. (Just a little nudge Lowell! :teasing-poke: :hide: )

Other than that I like the looks and they are 100% wheel horse, so theres not much else to say! Oh, it has a plastic seat pan, but it can be direct swapped with any later steel one (1985+) or earlier steel ones if you cut a hole for the trans dipstick. 

Edited by bmsgaffer
  • Like 5

ClassicTractorProfessor

Yeah...The black hoods have been growing on me...Been looking for one for a while now...Haven't been able to find any nearby

• Like 4

elliot ness

Nice score. I like the black hoods also.

• Like 1

ClassicTractorProfessor

Got home with her earlier...Didn't have time to get pictures as had to hurry up and get it unloaded and come pay some bills...But will get pics for y'all tomorrow

• Like 2

bowtieguy

Hey Prof...why didn't ya tell me you wanted a black hood?....check out my horse barn next time you head north again,,,,...might find a C-165,.......C-175......or C-225.....bring lots of green stuff!!!!....(yeah, got ya guessing about the C-225 huh?}

• Like 1

Texas Todd

Wonder what those rear wheels were supposed to be on originally?

• Like 1

jay bee

Looks like she's got good bones and a lot of potential!!!  :greetings-clappingyellow:

Jim

• Like 1

ericj

could it be a C195 ???

eric j 

ClassicTractorProfessor

C125 

• Like 1

T-Mo
12 hours ago, bowtieguy said:

Hey Prof...why didn't ya tell me you wanted a black hood?....check out my horse barn next time you head north again,,,,...might find a C-165,.......C-175......or C-225.....bring lots of green stuff!!!!....(yeah, got ya guessing about the C-225 huh?}

I know what the C-225 is, if it's what I think it is.  Seen it at the M&G back in September, I do believe.

slim67
18 hours ago, Professor1990 said:

Found this tractor here in town this morning...Has roughly 25-30 hrs on engine rebuild...Comes with the correct rear tires as well...Guy is asking 400 which I don't think is bad considering their rarity around here. Thoughts and opinions?

photo0.jpg

The advice I have gotten on the last two were GO GET IT !  I will pass that on to you my friend.

• Like 1

Adams94
On 4/3/2017 at 11:14 PM, ericj said:

could it be a C195 ???

eric j 

I thought maybe but looking closer there is no hydro lever and there is a brake pedal on the right side which makes it an 8 speed, something they never did on a 195, and that is not a twin cylinder:wh:

Edited by Adams94