Sign in to follow this  
KyBlue

New Tool

KyBlue

Got back from working this morning, and my newest tool acquisition was sitting on the porch. With the roof framing looming in the immediate future and ALL those friggin angle cuts.. I broke down and finally picked up

searsMiterSaw.jpg

Its not the biggest, and it doesnt slide, so im gonna be limited in the size of the boards, but I REALLY doubt I'll be doing anything bigger than a 2x6..

First project...A Miter Saw Table/Stand

HorseFixer

Scott nice saw :thumbs: you will get alot of use out of that! Buy a Delta stand from Lowes they fold up real nice and stand up and they don't take up much room for storage. They have extensions that pull out with rollers and they fit a bunch of styles of saws. I have a 10" compound Hitachi on mine.

HorseStable106.jpg

HorseStable104.jpg

HorseStable086.jpg

CleanGargage012.jpg

Raider

I have that exact saw. It doesn't cut compound miters very accurately but for simple framing it works great. I must have cut thousands of 2x4s on it already. That saw works well for cutting aluminum also.

TR_DIGGER

Nice saw Scott (Craftsman :thumbs: )

Keepin it in AMERICA!

Enjoy it and keep your fingers :whistle:

TJ

:thumbs:

KyBlue

I dont mind some craftsman stuff. I have their table saw, it does okay. not the most accurate but, Im not building furniture and cabinets (yet)

You know in High School, there was a group of us, that had shop all four years, well our Senior year, they wanted to find something to do with us, since we'd already done all the standard shop projects, even built cabinets for one of the teachers houses..

They came up with what was called 'building maintenance' basically, we fixed the crap that was screwed up around the school..Can you say FREE LABOR? Lmao But It was a great learning experience, and we did do some neat things.. Built a second Floor to the weight Room, built a New Duggout for the ball fields outta Cement Block, Replaced windows, Fixed the roofs, built various other things...

Pretty Cool class... Sry For Rambling. Oh btw my graduating class was less than 200 students.

Nick

Nice saw. :thumbs: I was also going to mention to keep your fingers. Used my brothers craftsman to cut deck rail spindles. Had a small piece fly out and thought sure I would look down to see stumpy fingers. :whistle:

Class of near 200, that was big..mine was less than 50. :whistle:

Teddy da Bear

It is a nice saw... Just remember.....a 2 x 6 cut on an anlge is much wider

than just a 90 degree cut. In other words....(depending on the angle) a

2 x 6 cut on a steep angle can be the same "cut-width" as a 2 x 8 or more!

Bigger saw....for all unforseen possibilities.

jerrell

:thumbs: "'Scott i graduated in 1960 with a total of 19 ,, The day after graduation 7 guys joined the military :whistle::whistle:

really a good looking shop, and crapsman has a darn good garantee..

HorseFixer

Nice saw Scott (Craftsman :thumbs: )

Keepin it in AMERICA!

Enjoy it and keep your fingers :whistle:

I love Crapman tools as much as anyone Ty but the U.S.A part isn't exactly true.

Legal Battles

Craftsman tools came under fire in 2004 in a lawsuit accusing Sears, Roebuck and Company of false advertising and consumer fraud for questionable use of the "Made in USA" slogan.[4] While many Craftsman hand tools are manufactured in the U.S., many power tools and accessories are manufactured in China, sometimes with the final assembly taking place in the U.S.

A review of the Craftsman Tools website in 2008 found no "Made in U.S.A." slogan or mention of the Lifetime Warranty

[edit] References

^ Source: Nov. 2002 EquiTrend(SM) survey by Harris Interactive

^ Source: Equitrend 2007

^ source: Sears PR news

To Read More About Crapman Tools >>>> Wikipedia on Crapman Tools

KyBlue

:thumbs: "'Scott i graduated in 1960 with a total of 19 ,, The day after graduation 7 guys joined the military :whistle::whistle:

really a good looking shop, and crapsman has a darn good garantee..

1960...man...what was it like having to use the outhouse instead of indoor plumbing??

I graduated in '98 so theres quite a few years difference. My Moms class of '58 was pretty small too (as a odd footnote on that subject, we attended the same High School, in the SAME building...AND had one of the Same teachers...ScARY!)

jerrell

:whistle: Nope , had indoor, but my dad went from covered wagons, (born 1882) to space age, he once asked me if i really believed that a man walked on the moon, he passed away at the age of 105, the stories he told , my brother taped a lot of them, quite a bit of history, and the things he saw invented , :thumbs: i know, back to the your shop it sure makes me envious, i went out yesterday, and worked on the GT in my (open shop),when it is cold i stay inside, yesterday was a confortable 62, :whistle:

KyBlue

Jerrell - I can just imagine, the things he saw.. as to the moon...well he's not alone in the conspiracy theory on that'n

My Shop isnt finished yet...Still dont have a roof on it! The Big AutoShop I dont really work on stuff in anymore, I go help em work on the cars, but not my stuff.

I know what ya mean about the cold!! I'll be glad to get it finished up so I can work out of the weather!!