Sign in to follow this  
fritz

your favorite model

CHARGER9AUTO

its a hard choice for me between my 62 702 or 68 ranger, i like my ranger cause of the toy size of it, its just fun, the 702 with the 3 point hitch gives me alot of options and the chores it can handle- so for me i think its gotta be the 702,

well until i go horse hunting again and see what else i can find

Justin, I like my '67 L-107 recoil start Lawn Ranger with 32" mower deck It's a fun little tractor . Ben..... :horseplay:

perry

So far, really enjoying my 1277's - rugged and very reliable.

Otherwise, love the early 60's round hoods .

Sarge

im with sarge. the wood grains and round hoods :thumbs: .

illinilefttackle

:whistle: I have to vote for my 1981 C-125 Hydro (Black Hood) It does everything I ask it to do-plow a garden,plow snow, mow grass, cultivates,Etc. Since I rebuilt the engine-I am more than satisfied with its power. These are "Big" tractors, they stand high at the shoulder, like a "Draft" Horse. Big axles, good rearend, Good Hydro-Hydro lift for all attachments(nice for old guys) Good workable Headlights-not just decoration. Comfy seat, handy controls (with the exception of the Hydro lift lever) Good brakes. Very adequate charging and starting systems. And A FACE you could love!

plow08005.jpg

Thanks-AL - :thumbs:

clintonnut

Hi

This topic is really hard for me!!

This topic is very hard for me. I really love my RJ-58. One of the famed Wheel-Horses. This tractor was real simple to restore and is very dependable. Clinton 1200. That thing will purr at 400rpms all day with out me touching it!!! You can hear the camshaft hitting the pushrods. :whistle: I restored it in 2005 and she is my baby. I loved cruzin with it at the show last year. She rides real smooth. I use it all year round for cultivating, mowing, and plowing. I don't mind using a Horse, thats what they're meant for!!! I once entered it in a pull at the Steam O Rama in York, PA. BILL PEARSON will probably rembember this. I was running it on TRAXXAS R/C car nitro fuel. MMM SMELLS GOOD!!! :thumbs:

On the other hand the D-250 is much more productive in jobs. Even though it is equipped with metric sh*& the tractor runs real smooth. You cant even hear the cylinders firing. ITS A CONSTANT HHHHUUUUUUMMMMMM. With a 60" mower and plow it can take on any job. The thing I dont like is it is very hard to steer.

I am very excited to my reactions to the 1054 Clinton project and the Suburban 550 electric start Clinton Engine project. I call these the Tractor Wheel Horse Should of Built.

I love these topics!!

Charlie

jusjeepn

Devin, I'd have to say the Electro's, (model #1-7235, 1-7245 & 1-7255). My first one was actually my dad's (the 1-7255). This tractor is a Sunstrand hydro with electric pto! I have owned many ranging from a 1963 753 to a 1991 520H (which I love) but the 1970 Electro will always be my favorite. Tons of power, versatility, ease of use, easy to work on... but I guess I'm describing Wheel Horse in general. Just my personal favorite! The 420LSE would find a new home before that one would!!! :thumbs:

Pat

Buzz

thats easy

Hey Jerry, I'll have to do you one better. My 854 (with sickle bar mower) :thumbs:

gd.pudge

i have to say they are like kids. i cant have a favorite.but for mowing the b100,for utility work(pushing dirt ,snow,plowing,garden work etc.)the charger12is best for the job.d 200 is the best for brute strength. and the 857's are just cute.the raider 10 its not bad ether. :thumbs:

rustbucket

any of my 12 is my fav the GT-14 was my first and cant beat its coast as free but it only started the addiction to have more till i now have 12 and possably more comeing this year. they are all my favorite.

farmerall

mine is a b-111 because it was my forst one and the only one I own

Rod(NASNUT)

As long as they say Wheel Horse on them they are my favorite :thumbs:

jrfan882008

well id have to say my favorite wil be my 606 it was the first then it would be my c-160 1973 but like them all :thumbs::whistle::whistle::dunno::lol::omg: :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay: :D:omg: :D

Tennessee Country Boy

Good Question :thumbs: , Hard to Answer: Like my 1958 RJ. It was my first. But from there I like the little different ones. 603 - 754 - 1045 - 1046 . Also my 854.

Henry

wh500special

Can't believe none of you made a joke like this one yet:

My favorite model is probably Heidi Klum :thumbs: .

But if I had to pick a TRACTOR, it would be the early C160 hydro with the gas tank under the hood. Most useful tractor WH ever built. Simple, tough, powerful, reasonably nimble, bolted together with minimal screws or quick fasteners, no electronics, and all kinds of attachments will fit.

Had they made them recoil start with no electrical system whatsoever I'd be in heaven.

Steve

muka

:thumbs: suburban 400 is my favorite

HorseFixer

All of them :whistle: Round Hoods Rule! :thumbs:

RoundHoods003.jpg

stevebo

I have had about 10 tractors come and go over the past year. Currently I have the following:

1981 c175 (COMPLETELY RESTORED) WITH AGS

1985 417-H

1986 417-8

1985 416-8 WITH SINGLE KOHLER

1993 520H

I really like the low end torque of the 416 with the single kohler. It is my work horse. When it comes to mowing the lawn with a beer and feeling like the king of the block I can't wait to bring out my C175. It is an awesome looking machine that I fully restored. I have the ags on it and it is just a tight, strong great looking machine. So ... I would have to say my C175.

ps I have a 1969 14 hp Economy that I am starting to really like more and more. all gear drive with driveshaft. I have to say it is a real strong machine.

Steve Bo in Ct

fritz

What model you all think can use almost all of the attachments?

Teddy da Bear

My opinion....

The 1970's B and C series tractors are the most versitile

and can of course use any of the attachments of that decade

as well as some of the attachments of the 60's....and

attachments made after the 70's.