69-Raider-10

Really good CL find this past Saturday! Info?

69-Raider-10

Followed up the Trailblazer 7 purchase with another good CL find. This one is a REALLY good one. Picked up a 68' Raider 12  That came with wheel weights, chains, 48" deck in insanely good condition, and a dump cart with hydraulics! I'm not sure if the cart is an actual Wheel horse, it could be but the tires aren't right. Obviously the hydraulics aren't original. Either way, I paid the equivalent of buying the cart and wheel weights at Fair market value. I couldn't believe it made it past 24 hours. Nice to know I don't have much competition in the area! 

Couple of questions on the setup of this beast. My buddy thinks it was a pulling tractor. It has the rear wheel hub extensions (which I don't mind at all. Looks slick if you ask me), it also has a modified throttle body which works fantastic and is a thousand times better than the twist-lock cable, it had a homemade steering tensioner at the base of the steering wheel made from a spring and half a coffee can lid to protect the paint, and the footboards have extensions off the front sides. The fella I bought it from got the tractor from his uncle who I'm guessing passed away because he didn't have much info on the tractor at all. He wasn't sure why things were setup like they were. Certainly explains why the deck is pretty much mint. I swear those blades are original. Overall, the thing runs like a top and purs like a kitten with the modified muffler. 

Will the 48" deck mount up on my attachomatic setup on my 69' Raider? That's the other thing, take a look at this rear. There are no latches.

Thanks in advance for any info! 

20170320_110002.jpg

20170320_102929.jpg

Edited by 69-Raider-10
  • Like 3

69-Raider-10

20170320_104819_resized.jpg

20170320_104434_resized.jpg

20170320_103553_resized.jpg

20170320_105213_resized.jpg

20170320_103258_resized.jpg

20170320_123253_resized.jpg

• Like 4

gwest_ca

Sure appears to have been looked after.

Looks like it has longer axles.

Garry

• Like 1

82Caddy

Looks like it has a wheel spacers.

• Like 1

69-Raider-10
30 minutes ago, gwest_ca said:

Sure appears to have been looked after.

Looks like it has longer axles.

Garry

Thanks Garry! Just located that and uploaded. Also edited topic to reflect 68'.

Thanks again!

27 minutes ago, 82Caddy said:

Looks like it has a wheel spacers.

It definitely has spacers. I just don't know why?

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

She looks  good in her work clothes.    The wide rear may have been for clearance when using that wide universal drawbar.

What is the added on white lever above the PTO lever ?

Edited by Ed Kennell

rj35hunter

Looks like you have a earlier 68 Raider 12 like mine that doesn't have a battery ignition with external coil or the other breakerless ignition but you have the more rare magneto behind flywheel instead.....I need to compare your serial number to mine original Raider 12 now....

IMG_1430.JPG

• Like 2

69-Raider-10
5 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

She looks  good in her work clothes.    The wide rear may have been for clearance when using that wide universal drawbar.

What is the added on white lever above the PTO lever ?

Thanks Ed. Yeah, she's a beaut. That lever is the throttle. You push it forward and she's humming! I love it. You can work those RPMs with precision with that thing. I may make one for the Raider 10. 

5 hours ago, rj35hunter said:

Looks like you have a earlier 68 Raider 12 like mine that doesn't have a battery ignition with external coil or the other breakerless ignition but you have the more rare magneto behind flywheel instead.....I need to compare your serial number to mine original Raider 12 now....

IMG_1430.JPG

Let me know what you find. I found my serial number over in the manual section for the 12's. It says "In Pennsylvania". That's wild. Never knew you could track them. 

• Like 2

gwest_ca

I found my serial number over in the manual section for the 12's. It says "In Pennsylvania". That's wild. Never knew you could track them. 

I just added it after you posted the photos. Added the location because one serial number lower is in the UK. Not often we see consecutive serial numbers.

Garry

• Like 3

rj35hunter

Here is my serial number....

IMG_2735.JPG

• Like 1

953 nut
50 minutes ago, gwest_ca said:

I just added it after you posted the photos. Added the location because one serial number lower is in the UK. Not often we see consecutive serial numbers.

You got to get up real early to beat Garry to the punch.   :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

69-Raider-10
17 hours ago, gwest_ca said:

I found my serial number over in the manual section for the 12's. It says "In Pennsylvania". That's wild. Never knew you could track them. 

Garry

Remind me to never challenge you to a duel. :lol:

• Like 1