Sign in to follow this  
kj4kicks

Garage Update

kj4kicks

Hi guys, been a few weeks, and things have been busy around here. Added a few storage solutions, including this 6'x16' loft. The great part about 10' ceilings is that it gives you alot of flexibility. The loft was designed to be able to park the 2 Buicks under it and still open the doors. Five feet of headroom make it easy to move around up there. Construction is 2x6 joists on 16" centers with 5/8" real plywood. Each header has (2) 4" lag bolts going into every wall stud, and (2) 4x6 upright posts. Not sure of the load rating, but there's nothing I would be afraid to put up there. I'd bet the Buick on it !

P1010679.jpg

P1050689.jpg

Most of the horses were nosey, so they came in for a closer look:

P1050692.jpg

Next project was the bathroom. It occupies the area between the loft and the wall to the old garage. Tapped into the water heater from the old garage. There is also nearly 2' of storage area above it.

P1160715.jpg

P1200718.jpg

P1200719.jpg

P1200720.jpg

Even took a few minutes to dress the place up...

P1200722.jpg

Plumbing is roughed-in for the urinal. Otherwise all that's needed is a little baseboard, and it's DONE !

YAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH !!!

TT

Sa-weeeeeet hide-out, E!

Maybe someday I'll make it down to see it. :thumbs:

HorseFixer

Good Job "E" Man! :thumbs:

TJ

:thumbs:

Coadster32

:thumbs: :whistle::whistle: :dunno:

T-Mo

Nice, E. Looks great. Excellent work. :thumbs:

Duff

Great job, E-Meister!

Duff :whistle:

(oh...and I'd bet your shelf would hold the Buick, too, if you could get it up there! :thumbs: )

mack1605

Looks great E

KyBlue

Looks great, as usual E..

Can't wait to see it in person in a few months!

bitten

I'm jealous, I have to pee in a funnel that goes outside of my shop that has no heat. 100'x40' uninsulated would be hard to heat, but I can keep the general area that I'm working in relatively comfortable.

I hope the tillers don't leak oil on that beautiful car that is under them. And I have been thinking what I could put on the self for the Buick bet...Maybe fill the whole area with concrete bags would get me that car :thumbs:

P.J.

pond195520032003

looks great E :whistle: and Pj you probably wouldent want the Buick after the fact of putting quick crete up there, might not look the same :thumbs:

HarleyMan46929

Just wondering....How much did all this remodeling cost? I'd love to do something like this with a section of my barn addition, but I'm a long ways from this kind of renovation, $$$$$-wise.

I don't even have heat out in the barn yet, but I would love to have a "relief station" (My term for indoor bathroom) inside the shop.

Nice job, I especially like the Red baseboards with Blue window and door trim with the white walls, VERY patriotic!!!!

I'd want to move anything that might possibly leak on that Buick's paint-job to the other end of the loft. No sense begging for a new paint-job...especially at today's paint-job prices!!!

Enjoy having more room to store stuff! Just remember: The more room you have to store stuff, the more stuff you will gradually acquire

You are an inspiration to all men who need a place to escape anything and everything!!!!

kj4kicks

Hi Guys, Thanks for the comps ! I am very pleased with the way it turned out. Don't worry guys, nothing is going to leak on my baby. The Buick is the first car I ever bought, back in '81 while I was in high school.

The budget was a little flexible, but it came in under 20k for everything. I did everything myself except for the concrete, trusses, and shingles. Still I worked my share of 'crete, walked one wall to hang trusses, and nailed down almost 1/2 the roof. Called in some help from friends for those to keep the price down. A pole barn would have been cheaper, but I don't think I'd be as happy.

The red trim is pretty close to WH red. Both the red and blue are also pretty close to the colors on the Buick neon light and sign.

The shelves are filling up fast, and I'll soon be able to work on tractors in the old garage. It'll be nice to have room to walk again.... until it fills up :thumbs:

Thanks again!

E.