Jump to content
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By mhlmeader
      Hi folks, new member here on the forum.  Ive had a few old wheelhorse over the years that have come and gone. I'm 47 years old, child of the 80s, but have always had an appreciation of older stuff.  Parents always had antique/junk shop when i was growing up.  
       
        Anyway, picked this up locally a couple days ago.  Im aware that a few pieces parts are missing, and perhaps some parts are not original to the tractor.  And even maybe some homemade parts(belt guard), the steering linkage certainly looks "engineered" outta pieces parts, but its fuctional.   Any info would be greatly appreciated.  The rear tranny where the wheels connect to the shafts dont look like pictures ive run across so far, so thats a mystery to me as well.  
       
        The only real concern i have, is that the engine does smoke abit....it seems to run great, easy to start, idles nice....just does scare a few of the mosqiutoes away. Tranny shifts well and is quite, small leak outta one of the axle seals.  
       
      I paid 550$ for the tractor, i have really no idea if that was a good, bad, or fair price to pay.  Someone did seem to put alot of effort into fixin it up, so thats what attracted me to it in the first place.  
       
        Gonna try and post a number of pics so you all can have a look.   Any insight or opinions are appreciated, thanks, mike
       
       




    • By Waytofast
      All three come with mowing decks and good running k91 motors they probably need a good carburetor cleaning am asking $1950  Price is firm and for any questions please just text me anytime and please don't ask for 1000 pictures your best bet is just to come and check them out  I don't really want to separate them Rather keep them together  but I guess if  The price is right and you can take one  

    • By greentruck
      we have a wheel horse rj58 riding tractor and mower deck, we purchased this unit 10 yrs ago from the estate it was purchased from new text us a phone if your interested in knowing more

    • By john7
      I suppose I should have started this back when I began restoring this plow but better late than never right? It's pretty much completed now except for the decals that I am still looking for... so technically it's still a work in progress. 
       
      Anyhow, I picked up the HD-42 plow with an RJ mount back in mid January with great help from @OILUJ52. 
       
      Here's what I started with:


      It had all the essential parts; blade, front channel, rj mount, lift bar, and foot pedal (no chain, though). The only things missing were the 2 skids. Everything was in decent condition with some light to mild pitting vertically along the left edge of the blade face. The "front channel", as it's termed in the parts list, came mounted on an A-frame with 4 bolts, and the piece that attaches to the lift bar had been removed from it to accommodate the A-frame setup. All easy fixes! 
       
      First things first, I made a new piece for the lift bar to attach to on the front channel, welded that on, and welded the 4 bolt holes up on both sides.


       
      Next, I made up some skids.


       
      I didn't snap a picture of the pitting on the left edge of the blade but I ran side by side beads the entire height of the blade about 2 inches wide - must have blown through 10 rods to do it. I filled in any other digs and gouges with welds. Being a plow, I didn't want body filler anywhere close to the blade. I did, however, use a small amount to fill in a couple of scratches on the topside of the front channel. 
       
      I made one modification that was not original. There are 2 pieces of angle iron that are bent to fit the curvature of the blade and mounted to the backside of the blade on each outside edge. These were originally plug welded to the blade leaving a gap between the 2 on the outside edge - a perfect place for water to get trapped and promote corrosion. So I welded those up on both sides. It makes the edges look much better too!
       
      And I just realized that I didn't snap any pics of everything down to bare metal or after body work either. But, here's everything after all my fixes and shot with a second coat of primer.




       
      I'm having some trouble attaching the after paint pics. Will post when I figure it out.
       
       
       
    • By Texas Todd
      Looking for an RJ58 plunger rod P/N 3468 or a good picture with dimensions to make one. May need the guide and spring, not sure what I am looking for with the guide. Parts pic and parts list as well as the tractor pictured below

      Thanks!


       
       
       
       
       
×