Docwheelhorse

"Blizzard" videos 3/14/17

Docwheelhorse

Hello all,

This storm has been boring and all too commonplace. Maybe it will pickup... I dunno. Im not looking for death and carnage but the stupid weather guys made it seem a whole lot more impressive. At least I got day off! 

Tony

20170314_081147.mp4

20170314_080442.mp4

20170314_081526.mp4

• Like 4

WHX??

Thanks for sharing Doc! :greetings-clappingyellow: Looks bad from here

hfd.gif

Jeff R.

We were supposed to get 6-10 inches in northern Va, but only would up with about 4 inches since it changed over to sleet.  I did get some seat time in though.

IMG_0414.mov

• Like 1

wallfish

It's coming down pretty good right now. They're still say'n 18" - 24" for my area. Bet there will be some big drifts too since the wind is screaming and the light fluffy snow is come'n down sideways.

• Like 2

pfrederi

About 16 inches still falling but fluffy...when the wind picks up it will be messy

Docwheelhorse

Right now something around 8-10, its windy and looks like its raining. So much for a "Blizzard"... last storm brought more snow and "action" and wasnt labeled a blizzard. I hate weather people... over paid, mistake making , guessing . 

Siggghhhh

Tony

• Like 1

wallfish

Hey Tony, you're more than welcome to come up here for some of that "action". Don't forget to bring @Sparky with his shovel too! :ychain:

• Like 3

Docwheelhorse

Im on way .... but in 3rd  / high range its gonna be awhile! Im gonna tow sparkiees Gt1600 / mag 10 conversion to save fuel too! 

Tony

• Like 2

c-series don

We were forecasted to get 6-12". We got maybe an inch then all rain! 

squonk

Around 8" here and about 25-30 mph winds. Snow stings when it hits your face. I'll go out at about 4 AM tomorrow and wake up the neighborhood! :lol:

Aldon

We got 20 or so already and it's still snowing hard here.

IMG_0356.thumb.JPG.f1a14e902dd458fdbebe40df441bfb6a.JPG

• Like 1

stevebo

Got some seat time in Litchfield County. They are saying 18-24". This is the third time I hit the driveway today. Did the neighbor's twice:ph34r:

• Like 8

Ken B

Great video Steve. Not only can my old snow monster push some serious snow it can throw some serious snow!

varosd

sorry no pictures!

but had the single  blower on the 520 and it kept clogging up yesterday.  bottom layer was a little slushy.  need to get a  2 stage behemoth!

stopped to refuel and no battery juice to restart.  dang it!

took battery out of 416 and got back to it w/o trying to figure out why the 520 is not charging.

after sage advice from EricJ aka Mr Onan, 30 amp fuse holder's female prongs are breaking apart, causing arcing across the fuse

OK, so really only using the 520 to throw snow.  I have a single fuse holder and will replace it (when it warms up)

so today, go to fire up the 416 with blade and it starts, then dies.  WTF?

more fuses!!!  yes, its my beat um up tractor and its dirty and yes the fuse box doesnt have a cover and yes all the fuses were corroded and caked with grass debris.

all fixed now.

I need to go back to work, I'm tired!! :occasion-santa:

• Like 1

squonk

Was out this AM 18"with drifts at about 36" 520 with a tall shoot ate it up but the throttle froze and the tach quit. Snowmggedden pics from work coming tonite '

Ken B

No video, and this pic isn't even from this storm. It is from an 18 inch storm we had here in CT. about a month ago. I don't usually plow with the storm, I like to wait till the storm is over to give my tractors a solid work out. (Within reason with smaller tractors) I must say, the Economy didn't even break a sweat. I knew it wouldn't as this is the fourth one I have owned.. I used it on a few of the private roads in my neighborhood with no sweat at all. I didn't use it this past storm because its so close to April, I want the snow banks to melt fast so I used my Ariens snow blower... I modified a 48 inch Wheel Horse blade to work on the Economy. Once you get used to being able to angle the blade from the seat any snow blade that doesn't do that is just worthless to me.. She'll ride right up a snow bank now, just like a Horse...

20170211_135409_zpsa0uqdn0q.jpg

• Like 2

squonk
12 hours ago, Ken B said:

No video, and this pic isn't even from this storm. It is from an 18 inch storm we had here in CT. about a month ago. I don't usually plow with the storm, I like to wait till the storm is over to give my tractors a solid work out. (Within reason with smaller tractors) I must say, the Economy didn't even break a sweat. I knew it wouldn't as this is the fourth one I have owned.. I used it on a few of the private roads in my neighborhood with no sweat at all. I didn't use it this past storm because its so close to April, I want the snow banks to melt fast so I used my Ariens snow blower... I modified a 48 inch Wheel Horse blade to work on the Economy. Once you get used to being able to angle the blade from the seat any snow blade that doesn't do that is just worthless to me.. She'll ride right up a snow bank now, just like a Horse...

20170211_135409_zpsa0uqdn0q.jpg

My PK came with the factory blade but it was a PITA angle the blade.  Before I built the loader I was planning on making a power angle blade. Sure would push a ton of snow!

squonk
On March 15, 2017 at 0:46 PM, varosd said:

sorry no pictures!

but had the single  blower on the 520 and it kept clogging up yesterday.  bottom layer was a little slushy.  need to get a  2 stage behemoth!

stopped to refuel and no battery juice to restart.  dang it!

took battery out of 416 and got back to it w/o trying to figure out why the 520 is not charging.

after sage advice from EricJ aka Mr Onan, 30 amp fuse holder's female prongs are breaking apart, causing arcing across the fuse

OK, so really only using the 520 to throw snow.  I have a single fuse holder and will replace it (when it warms up)

so today, go to fire up the 416 with blade and it starts, then dies.  WTF?

more fuses!!!  yes, its my beat um up tractor and its dirty and yes the fuse box doesnt have a cover and yes all the fuses were corroded and caked with grass debris.

all fixed now.

I need to go back to work, I'm tired!! :occasion-santa:

Here's my snow story. Got things ready Monday night as the tractors have been sitting. Fueled up, checked oil and filled the tires. Pssssss valve stem on front wheel of the 520. Too late to get it fixed. Luckily for me, I was planning on replacing the front wheels with boat trailer hubs & wheels. I had a tire monted up to now theres 1 turf and 1 tri- rib on it. Blew snow Tues night and the volt meter stops showing charge and the Tach quits. I Didn't  have time for repair so out came the 1267

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1