19richie66

Skittles, the GT14

19richie66

I have a fan for it but just haven’t put it back on yet. I do have a seven bladed fan off if the jd the steering came off of that I am trying to get to fit. Working on it. Also the gear set in the transmission is whatever was in it when I got it. I won’t be working it hard if at all. Strictly for me to enjoy. I do appreciate all the thoughts and insight. Keeps me thinking. Thanks Brandon

• Like 3

19richie66

@bmsgaffer This is the fan I am hoping to use. I have an oil filter wrench that I am turning down for a hub to fit inside the fan. Going to cut out the center of the fan so the fan slides over the pulley snout and then I will epoxy the “hub” inside the fan to make it all one piece. The bolt will go through the center and rest on the pulley snout like the original. Crossing my fingers

B22AFF9A-301B-47FB-B9CB-81489A7BB2DE.jpeg

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 9

bmsgaffer
16 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

@bmsgaffer This is the fan I am hoping to use. I have an oil filter wrench that I am turning down for a hub to fit inside the fan. Going to cut out the center of the fan so the fan slides over the pulley snout and then I will epoxy the “hub” inside the fan to make it all one piece. The bolt will go through the center and rest on the pulley snout like the original. Crossing my fingers

B22AFF9A-301B-47FB-B9CB-81489A7BB2DE.jpeg

Nice! That looks like it will move a ton of air. Better than the original!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19richie66

All this work to get this fan on here and it was pointed out to me I have the wrong direction fan. Thanks @wallfish.  I was looking at it spinning from the wrong way. Back to the drawing board

F5D4FD0A-08E0-4103-AC43-660CC1C94034.jpeg

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 8

WHX??

Nice thinking outside the box on the mount :handgestures-thumbupright:...Can't just flip it around?

Wasn't sure if I liked those rears at first Richie but starting to grow on me! I guess I'm just stuck in an AG tire mindset.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19richie66

I’ll get it figured out. As far as tires, I have ags on the tractor I mow with and they dig up my yard in the back pretty bad. Swapping my deck over to the 417 soon anyways and it has turf tires. I have a very sandy soil lot. Good for water drainage, bad for growing grass. 

• Like 2

WHX??
6 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

have a very sandy soil

Same here Ritchie, I live on a big sand hill and grass was impossible to grow without hauling in tons of topsoil and even then. Turfs & deck rollers would even dig what little grass I had up. Got real old always dragging sand in the house. Installed a DIY underground sprinkler system and now I can get grass to grow in the cat box if needed! I do have an almost unlimited water source tho.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

19richie66

Well we have spark and she turns over. Throwing some fuel to her tomorrow. Hope for the best. 

EFC92F7A-2251-4FE2-A1C4-5B569D9AB0D3.jpeg

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 7
  • Excellent 2

AMC RULES

:text-woo:  

:handgestures-fingerscrossed:      :pray:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

JPWH

Looking real good Richie. I just caught up with your build. I have been away for a while and trying to play catch up at work and home. I won't make the big show this year to see it in person but I'm following along.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

squonk
On 5/14/2018 at 12:41 PM, 19richie66 said:

Thanks Brandon. I have a 10” electric fan I thought about mounting in the fender panel blowing on the hydrostat fins. Not sure where I could mount a cooler without having to replumb it. May have room under the seat if I went with something like a small tranny cooler and computer sized fan. Thats the return side and I would possibly only need one more hose. Ill see how it goes. Also there was a sender in the bottom of the transaxle for a light I guess. Thought about putting in a trans heat guage using that hole. 

Richie, with your skills I'm sure you could duplicate this engineering feat for the eaton. :)

download.jpg.b2d977cdba5bc44418b7044f63c6b010.jpg

• Haha 4

19richie66

@squonk Or I could just drag a generator and one of these around :laughing-rolling:. Actually though I got a correct rotation fan. Just have to put it on.

6E6EFFB0-4FDB-416B-8846-0088B83C4476.jpeg

6E14A501-7FE3-4D56-BF06-75AEF16CAFCA.jpeg

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 4

squonk
23 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

@squonk Or I could just drag a generator and one of these around :laughing-rolling:. Actually though I got a correct rotation fan. Just have to put it on.

6E6EFFB0-4FDB-416B-8846-0088B83C4476.jpeg

6E14A501-7FE3-4D56-BF06-75AEF16CAFCA.jpeg

Don't laugh. I had to use one of those portable AC units to keep a $10,000 control board cool on a  $200,000 chiller   for a couple days. :banana-wrench:

Edited by squonk
  • Like 4

RandyLittrell
13 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

Well we have spark and she turns over. Throwing some fuel to her tomorrow. Hope for the best. 

EFC92F7A-2251-4FE2-A1C4-5B569D9AB0D3.jpeg

I like the solenoid placement! Your wiring is looking great! 

Randy

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

19richie66

squonk
1 hour ago, RandyLittrell said:

I like the solenoid placement! Your wiring is looking great! 

Randy

Sure does but that clutch could use a little alignment! :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19richie66

👁 Eagle eye 👁 

• Like 1

19richie66

Need new points, plug,condenser. Fuel pump would not pump fuel so off it comes and an electric pump will take it’s place. Building a mount monday. So while I am waiting to get parts, figured I would get my headlight situation taken care of. The factory light housing fits fine with the fuel tank but it hits the wires and presses them into the socket lip. So rather than try to fix it, upgrade it. 😁 I had gotten another headlight housing from Aldon but when I got it, it was cracked from shipping, so I had no problem modifying it. I made a plate for the top and cut my holes for twist in halogen bulbs. I’ll replace them later with LED replacements. I had some small fans from I bought a long time ago from a surplus place. Mounted it up and will drill the air feed later. Should work just fine. Should....... :laughing-rolling:

80E773AB-B957-4A4B-A8D1-33E7FD73CD34.jpeg

A8FE9A13-9F8D-4B05-AA09-960EDE7FE2B4.jpeg

34A787E2-498F-4542-AD56-8061278FBD79.jpeg

7D01ABB0-ED6F-4BD6-862B-863E3F7D8CD0.jpeg

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 4

Texas Todd

Your attention to detail is admirable. :greetings-clappingyellow:

• Thanks 1

Aldon

The halogens will keep snow from building up if you ever use it in colder clime. 

Id leave them if the fan provides enough cooling to keep from melting the lens.

Edited by Aldon
  • Like 1

953 nut

Air conditioned headlights, what will you Floridians come up with next?         :ROTF:

7D01ABB0-ED6F-4BD6-862B-863E3F7D8CD0.jpeg.072e36bc9b671f0ce639c8ded31a946e.jpeg

• Haha 4

squonk
18 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Air conditioned headlights, what will you Floridians come up with next?         :ROTF:

7D01ABB0-ED6F-4BD6-862B-863E3F7D8CD0.jpeg.072e36bc9b671f0ce639c8ded31a946e.jpeg

All Ritchie needs is a front deck carrier and he could mount that portable AC on that! :lol:

• Haha 2

19richie66

I would like a front deck carrier but not for AC. Would be handy mowing around bushes. 👍

• Like 2