19richie66

Skittles, the GT14

19richie66

Thanks Todd! Power steering cylinder mounted. Need to get another 90* hose when I get them made. Mounting valve is next.

IMG_5625.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 5

JPWH

Can't wait to see how you do the valve and  control.

Jay

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19richie66

Me too!:laughing-rolling:

This is somehow getting mounted where the fan gear sits now. I will be using the stock steering tower as the power steering shaft is the same diameter as the gt14. I will simply mount the valve, insert the shaft and cut it to length, weld the pieces back together and reinstall the steering tower. Sounds easy, hope it is. Then I will get all my hoses made.

IMG_5626.JPG

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

JPWH

Gee Whiz. And I was figuring it would be challenging. lol

• Haha 3

19richie66

Axle and spindles were a little on the worn side. Reamed out the axle to just under 1" and installed 7/8" id x 1" od brass bushings. Waiting for a 7/8" reamer to finish this up. Should take out all my slop. :thumbs:

IMG_5636.JPG

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

Aldon

Looks like your making great progress!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

JPWH

I see you use the same blue nails I do.:ROTF:

• Haha 7

19richie66
23 minutes ago, Aldon said:

Trying to but this time change makes it hard. 

11 minutes ago, JPWH said:

I see you use the same blue nails I do.:ROTF:

The blue is fuel proof :laughing-rolling:

• Haha 5

Aldon

Try getting ready to sell your house and transfer to another state. 

Id even considering selling the GT22-8 if I could find a willing soul to finish it who is willing to give me a fair price....

Worst Case it’s coning to show pretty much similar to how it sits currently. Might get turning brakes finished but doubt I’ll get the paint and finishing touches done by show time...

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

ebinmaine
32 minutes ago, Aldon said:

:text-yeahthat:

9 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

The blue is fuel proof :laughing-rolling:

Maybe so but not having one WHOLE side in place (could) cause a small,  slight leak. .......

:confusion-shrug:

• Haha 3

19richie66

Well I have tile coming this week so the bathroom saga continues 💰💰💰. When I get that finished, IF the boss doesn't find anything else for me, I might get some more play time.

28 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

:text-yeahthat:

Maybe so but not having one WHOLE side in place (could) cause a small,  slight leak. 

That is the see through side. Saves me from having to put a fuel gauge in it. :thumbs:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

That is the see through side. Saves me from having to put a fuel gauge in it. :thumbs:

Oh !

Ok. I get it now....

Not a bad idea. 

19richie66

Got the muffler guard mount made and installed. Need to make a lower bracket to keep it from vibrating. Also trying to get some electrical components mounted so I can make my wiring harness.

IMG_5646.JPG

IMG_5648.JPG

IMG_5649.JPG

• Like 3
  • Excellent 4

19richie66

While enjoying the nice cool evening breeze , I Started the wiring for the "firewall" I made from lexan. It will get painted so its not see through. I have two relays here, one for electric fuel pump and the other for the starter. Two fuses for switch power for a horn😂 And a power socket(cig lighter). I have a whelen patrol car switchbox I will be gutting and using the switches from that for headlights, fender lights and tail lights. Got to figure out a spot for a volt gauge.

IMG_5692.JPG

IMG_5693.JPG

• Like 2
  • Excellent 4

19richie66

New hoops welded up for the back. Bought rim shells from speedway and got the centers cut from a guy in ohio from 3/8" plate. It's like having built in wheel weights. These things are heavy. Just got to decide on what color I want to paint them. It's either Charcoal grey or gloss black. Also got the new front axle bushings reemed out and my "new" spindles installed. Thanks @Aldon. Worked great. Making a new stainless tie rod and have a new rod end for the steering cylinder. Waiting on the post man.....:popcorn:

IMG_5737.JPG

IMG_5738.JPG

IMG_5739.JPG

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 9

Aldon

I have seen Gt14’s With rims painted navy Hayes Gray....

i personally liked it as it gave it an industrial look.

Black is a nice color but gets dirty quick.

i like the look of the new rims!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19richie66

New stainless tie rod/rod ends and a longer motion control lever.

IMG_5791.JPG

IMG_5790.JPG

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3

19richie66

Final test fit after cutting the front of the tank for the headlights. Filler neck and outlet on order. Almost there!IMG_5822.JPG.4fb29a8047b15dc37fd9e46673e076fb.JPG

IMG_5821.JPG

IMG_5823.JPG

IMG_5825.JPG

IMG_5826.JPG

• Like 5

elcamino/wheelhorse

Did you weld the gas tank ?

• Like 1

ztnoo

No heat shield???

Seriously???

:think:

• Confused 1

19richie66
8 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Did you weld the gas tank ?

My son is welding it for me. I drew up all the measurements / pattern and my nephew cut the plate on his plasma table.

5 minutes ago, ztnoo said:

No heat shield???

Seriously???

:think:

Let's see. 1) Not yet...It's not done. 2) The tank is not plastic 3) the exhaust manifold is a magnum style manifold that comes 90*out of the head, not 45* forward as the original does. It comes nowhere close to the tank. 4) if I need a heat shield, He will weld me one up from aluminum. I already have it planned out should it be needed. Seriously :thumbs:

• Like 7

19richie66

Plenty of room. :handgestures-thumbupright:

IMG_5845.JPG

IMG_5847.JPG

IMG_5848.JPG

• Like 3
  • Excellent 4

RandyLittrell

Man, that tank looks awesome!! Thats some mighty fine welding! 

Do you think there will be an issue with heat?  Plastic kinda insulates, but the aluminum might heat up a little faster. I am assuming you probably have a plan already, just curious. 

I am going to be picking up a GT-14 myself early next year, so I am watching all the threads carefully!!

Randy

Edited by RandyLittrell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19richie66

Thanks for the compliments. He does a good job. I am proud of him and the work he does. After cutting and notching the lower mounting plate, the tank sits at least 6" away from the exhaust manifold as I pushed it into the nose as far as it will go without hitting the headlight sockets. They will be replaced with LED's anyways. Also I do not have a 45* pipe coming out of the motor. It is a magnum style manifold. It comes off the head but goes straight out because of the way its made. I'll get a picture tomorrow after I get it back. My son is welding the filler neck and vent/outlet bungs on it tomorrow. I don't think it will need a shield but if it does, it has already been planned.:thumbs:

IMG_5852.JPG

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 2