Texas Todd

D200

Texas Todd

A D200 followed me home from Missouri.

20170223_155157.thumb.jpg.c9306ab5bd03cf82e164094cb2509034.jpg

It has a blown engine so I am pulling the 20hp Kohler out of my D180.

Is it just the two bolts I can see to seperate the flywheel from the pump? I have everything else off, ready to pull. These bolts:

20170225_155655.thumb.jpg.a8da5c334f4f59be6718233d1837ebe0.jpg

• Like 9

"D"- Man

I have replied to a topic, posted on March 20th 2013 entitled D - Series Questions  with pics showing this area in reply #36 The engine, once unbolted, should be able to slide forward in order to disengage the splined cast coupler from the hydro pump shaft assuming that it has not been drilled and retrofitted with a roll pin or bolt through.  Here are some pics from that post.

post-3038-0-79451400-1406397523_thumb.jpgpost-3038-0-46327500-1406397499_thumb.jpgpost-3038-0-65565700-1406397409_thumb.jpgpost-3038-0-42408300-1406397259_thumb.jpgpost-3038-0-96808600-1406397233_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Pollack Pete

Nice looking D-200.They're a great tractor but a real bear to work on,just like all the D series.Been working on mine doing a complete re-wire job.A real Einstien worked on it before me.Have fun with your new toy.

• Like 1

T-Mo

You may not know this, but it's a felony for horse rustling in Missouri, and is still punishable by hanging, especially if you crossed state lines.  So to avoid the death penalty, you need to bring it back to Missouri and drop it off at my house.  I won't charge you anything, and you will avoid the severe hanging penalty.

Seriously, that's a nice score.:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 5

elliot ness

Great score. you will love it when you get finished with it.:text-bravo:

• Like 1

Texas Todd

Thanks everyone! I will give it a tug and see if she slides forward. @"D"- Man I will be reading that thread this morning!!

• Like 1

Texas Todd
2 hours ago, T-Mo said:

You may not know this, but it's a felony for horse rustling in Missouri, and is still punishable by hanging, especially if you crossed state lines.  

And a state that markets its Fudge this way has many more issues to worry about than horse rustlin! :text-lol:

https://m.facebook.com/UranusfudgeFactoryandGeneralStore

• Like 1

Texas Todd

Well tugged a few times and no budging. Removed the two bolts and slid her off. Found some "custom work."

20170226_122111.thumb.jpg.020375b8189d450623e47d9d4bb348c5.jpg

Got it pulled and next up was the bad motor. It wouldnt slide off either and I feared the worse. Loosened the bolts and pulled the motor. It was just stuck, I guess. All looked normal. Reinstalled the donor engine and it fires right up. Until I let go of the key and then it dies. Chased it around for a while but havent discovered the issue yet. When the key is on, shouldn't the "I" terminal have 12 volts, thus keeping the coil at 12 volts? I get nothing. Even swapped key switches.... The only terminal that has juice is the S whether key is off or run. Exasperated, gave up for the night. Once I chase down the wiring gremlin, I will be ready to attach the loader.......

• Like 2

Texas Todd

Found the culprit. An intermittently bad clamp connector. Kinda wet but I took it for a spin.

Next step......the loader!

58b4bd5808359_EngineSwap.thumb.jpg.ed3393e150b5dc6a98d51ae692ff9208.jpg

My wife keep telling me I have a Wheel Horse problem...I contend I have a too small of a shop problem....

Problem.thumb.jpg.b5c13d56559fc863b091c660aae82a38.jpg

space.thumb.jpg.2879d03ddcde76eab5248b1d469cf7f9.jpg

• Like 5

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Texas Todd There is not such thing as a Wheelhorse problem. When my wife says something like that I just open 3 closet doors that belong to her and the 1/2 of closet that belongs to me. I don't say anything because she is already giving me "the look"

• Like 1

Texas Todd

I agree completely! At least she jokes with her friends about it. I always tell her that it could be vintage harleys!! (And if I get a bigger shop, maybe it will be!) :auto-dirtbike:

• Like 1

Pollack Pete
10 hours ago, Texas Todd said:

I agree completely! At least she jokes with her friends about it. I always tell her that it could be vintage harleys!! (And if I get a bigger shop, maybe it will be!) :auto-dirtbike:

Having a garage full of Harleys wouldn't be a problem.Just pull the trigger and build a bigger shop.I was out by one of my buildings just the other day and pacing out maybe a 20 foot by 30 foot addition..........I'm getting too old for this stuff.........

• Like 1

Texas Todd

Actually in the planning stages of a 40x60. Currently in a 22x30. She asked how much bigger the new one would be and I said about 4 times, well that went over like a fart in church. I should have just said "about double"

Hopefully by this time next year, it will be a reality.

• Like 1