Achto

McLean restoration

19richie66

That thing is gorgeous! Decals are the icing on the cake

• Thanks 1

WHX??

:text-yeahthat:Pretty much nails down what's goin on the tail end of the load to AJ's.....:greetings-clappingyellow:

• Like 1

Achto
3 minutes ago, WHX22 said:

Nice material pile in front of the house Dan ... they workin on your road by any chance?... need to borrow the mid blade?

New road, pluming, side walk, etc, and more $ out of my pocket I'm sure. Might borrow the mid blade when they are done... that is if their work is not up to snuff. :)

• Haha 1

Stormin

Just read this all the way through again. The decals really set it off. :thumbs:

• Thanks 1

WHX??

@Achto you need to tell the fellas about the hard starting and what the cure was on that 91.

Achto

@WHX22 has watched me struggle to get this little tractor started at times. When I brought it out of hibernation this spring I wanted to do some thing about the issue. I've heard @953 nut sing the praises of static timing the points so I thought that I'd give it a try. I'm here to tell ya that he ain't just blowing smoke!! I had originally set the points to .020" as per the tag on the engine. After static timing the points they ended up set to .022". After this adjustment, the engine will start with no more than two pulls.:)

Edited by Achto
  • Excellent 1

WHX??

And I saw it start on one pull with a quick hand to the choke from dead cold. I seen the poor bastage rip his arm outta his socket trying to start this one. I woulda thought going more to the 19 or 18 range would have helped Betty but then Dan  mentioned wear on the cam and push rod?

• Like 2