T-Mo

Some Drawings

Ivegotahorse

These drawings are great. Looks like i will be building a clevis hitch 

Waldon

Just what the doctor ordered.  We've been looking for the draw bar.  Thanks loads.

drewd

Thanks!  I'm going to try the dual wheel adaptors!

GREYGHOST

T-MO, I don't suppose you might have any drawings of the Rock Shaft by chance? Looks like I'm going to have to make one. Thanks 

Brent

Tankman

WVHillBilly520H adds a plow stabilizer. Nice and I'm going to fab one, or two. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Anti-Sway.jpg.79d2ae48502316ffe91d7c282615301d.jpg

Anti-Sway.pdf

Edited by Tankman
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Tankman
On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 8:54 AM, GREYGHOST said:

T-MO, I don't suppose you might have any drawings of the Rock Shaft by chance? Looks like I'm going to have to make one. Thanks 

Brent

Long time since I worked with AutoCAD. Guess I could make one.

Rock Shaft part number?

Art

Tankman

Rear_Axle_Plow_Mtg.pdf  (detailed drawing)

Snow plow rear axle mounting.

40+ years ago, 1st Horse quickly picked up a snow plow.

Almost complete but no rear axle mount. Ouch! No internet to search for one.

Fab'd a few pieces 1/4" CRS. Mounted on the rear axle, large hole on the plow frame hanging rod.

To remove the plow, loosen one side and drop the frame. Tighten the loose hanger alter the plow frame was down.

Rear_Axle_Plow_Mtg.jpg.99d647989470eb830a22293a3d608993.jpg

Edited by Tankman
  • Like 3

R. L. Addison

My 854 had two shoulder bolts that had to be put in while holding up the blade. no small task for two hands.

• Like 1

Tankman
On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:36 PM, R. L. Addison said:

My 854 had two shoulder bolts that had to be put in while holding up the blade. no small task for two hands.

Been there! Ouch.

I frequently use a small floor jack to hold the frame up when installing. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

The job I'm back in school for (that doesn't seem to be panning out "restructuring" again) the C.A.D program they bought is "CREO", haven't gotten to use it yet as my position is on "hold" but I do know it's 3D modeling then 2D drawings, Jeff.

Tankman
22 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

The job I'm back in school for (that doesn't seem to be panning out "restructuring" again) the C.A.D program they bought is "CREO", haven't gotten to use it yet as my position is on "hold" but I do know it's 3D modeling then 2D drawings, Jeff.

Started drawing, paper.

I resisted AutoCAD but, had to or get out.

Not too great working in AutoCAD but, have seen some great work. I'll leave 3D CAD to the youngsters. :laughing-rofl:

• Like 2

SteveK440
On 2/17/2017 at 8:53 AM, T-Mo said:

I took a couple of the drawings floating around here on RS, and made some 3D models.  From that I made 2D drawings.  I enjoy making the 3D models, the 2D drawings not so much, but from the 3D models , it isn't too bad to create the 2D drawings.  The fun part is creating the 3D models though. These were pretty basic and simple.

Below are the Front Blade Lift Link drawing, the second one is of the clevis hitch, and the third is the dual wheel adapter.  Keep in mind, these are my drawings, but they're based on what was floating around here on RS for quite some time.

Front Blade Lift Links.pdf

Clevis Hitch.pdf

Dual Wheel Adapter.pdf

Hi T-Mo, I was wondering if I could ask for some assistance on Using CAD? I'm using a Linux version called Free CAD and wish to trace Jpeg images of different body parts and import them to a new work area. In addition, I wish to shrink to fit all my tracing if needed to fit. I can get the Jpeg image imported to my work area but can't get it to trace. I understand you may be using a different version of CAD but I know they should operate simular.

T-Mo

Steve, I'm not familiar with Free CAD, so I'm not sure if I can be of any help.  I use NX and I model my stuff using 3D solid modeling, including adding features, etc.  I have used the sketcher feature in NX, but I'm not that fond of it, nor do I use it a lot.  I'm also not sure if your problem is the jpeg coming in as rastors, and not being able to convert it to vectors.  Again, I'm not familiar with Free CAD programs.

RandyLittrell

Steve, looks like there is a FreeCad forum, maybe they can help.

https://forum.freecadweb.org/

Randy

stumplifter

Here is a word document showing the two outside spindle shafts for a 48" mower deck.  I have a .DXF as well as an AutoCAD2007 file if anyone is interested.

Toro Spindle Shaft.docx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

T-Mo

@cleat battery hold-down bracketry.

Battery Hold Down.pdf

• Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

carscape

Just found this, I'm slow.  

Thanks T-Mo- for the clevis hitch.  It will give me the dimensions to modify my aftermarker

sleeve hitch to better work on my Charger, get rid of superflous links and shafts, lose a 

bunch of friction.  Carl  

DSCF0820.JPG

Edited by carscape
misspelling
  • Like 1

wheeliepower

Great Job,

I used catia v5 CAD system while studying :handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by wheeliepower

JaysHorse

A set of drawings for a rock shaft for 3,4, &500 series would be sweet! Loving the info. Keep it coming

mocalessbrown

is there a diagram showing the routing of the chain on a 1997, 520H tractor, snow thrower model 79360

gwest_ca
On 10/10/2019 at 7:03 AM, mocalessbrown said:

is there a diagram showing the routing of the chain on a 1997, 520H tractor, snow thrower model 79360

Yes there is but can't find them now. Here is another.

Garry

Single-stage snowthrower chain routing.jpg

Lee1977

Here is a drawing of a Metric Wheel Horse spindle. We used a 1 1/4" steel bar that is not on the drawing.

SAM-1288-2.jpg

Edited by Lee1977

tbear853
On 2/26/2017 at 7:35 AM, T-Mo said:

Yes, tube size would depend on whatever rim width size.  Best bet is to place them where you want your rims and measure the gap and then size your tubes accordingly.  You could always go longer and cut to the length you need and then get the proper grip length carriage bolts or use threaded rod.  The adapters above are probably based on the 6-12 tires and narrow rims.

I made a set maybe 35 years ago for my first WH, had the 6.00-12 ag tires.  Used 1/2" water pipe and flats welded as in the picture, length was dependent on spacing, I think I had the tire sidewalls about touching.  Used 1/2" carriage bolts.  

Wish I had that one back.  

• Like 1

Lee1977
On 3/15/2018 at 2:26 PM, Tankman said:

Started drawing, paper.

I resisted AutoCAD but, had to or get out.

Not too great working in AutoCAD but, have seen some great work. I'll leave 3D CAD to the youngsters. :laughing-rofl:

Me too started back in 1964 on paper changed to AutoCad early 90"s until 2004.

Never got in to 3D. Even drew a couple of drawings for the US Navy back in 1968.

I guess I was the only draftsman on the ship. The two week in dry dock at Japan was nice.

JayGee

I also appreciate your files. I just repossessed my front blade today 8/12/23 after trying to get my neighbor to paint the darned thing from five years ago. Someone was cleaning out his huge garage and ran across it and came over to tell me. NOW it is up to me to get it painted.

But, I wanted to semi-modify this blade to 1 or 2 power lifts (electric or oil) and another 1 or 2 to position the angle of the blade. Today was the first time I've been on-line for a very long time and your files MIGHT just fit in with my project! Thank You, Thank You!!