Sign in to follow this  
hodge

Off to Haiti

hodge

Woo hoo! In about an hour , I am leaving with a small group to Haiti, to do medical clinics. I'm not bragging, but rather just really excited. This will be the first medical team for me, and the first time back in a year and a half- the wife got to go with the medical team last year. So, for all you guys who pray, please remember us. For travel safety, for opportunities to share Christ's love through serving them and fellowship, and for a productive work week. I will share a photo or two when I get back.

Unfortunately, I don't think any horses have made their way down there. I have seen a Cub Cadet, though.

stevebo

Hodge,

i'm not going to hatie but i will be leaving for cancun, mexico tomorrow morning an annual sales conference. i sure hope chris doesn't come to my house and steal any of my horses while i am gone.... enjoy your well earned vacation. :banana: :banana: :banana:

hodge

Thanks! I am excited, but most folks would not consider Haiti a "vacation", once they've been there. Have fun, yourself. Did you get that 417 going?

linen beige

Our pastor and a small crew are on their way back from Haiti right now!

Prayers for a smooth journey are coming your way.

stevebo

Hodge,

i got it running however need to get that wiring harness you sent me in that machine. it does not hold a charge so i would assume there may be a grounded wire that should not be. once that is set, it will get a full cosmetical restoration. be safe-

Nick

I think my cousin sent some pictures back from Haiti. If that is where he sent them from then I know your not going to a vacation spot. Stay safe and good luck in your work.

T-Mo

Hodge,

My prayers go out to you and the rest of the group. Haiti is a rough spot, dangerous in some areas. A lot of witchcraft and vodoo is still practice there. My wife's brother in law and his step dad went there in the 70's for church work and have been wanting to go back since. His step dad, up until his health has failed him, wanted to go so bad that he had stashes of money hidden so he can just leave as soon as possible.

Be careful down there and we're be praying for you. :thumbs:

WHC-125

I will try to resist taking any :dunno::whistle:

And I hope you both have fun on your vacations :thumbs: :whistle:

Pacific Dog

Best of luck on your trip. The leaders in Haiti have certainly led their people in to a true hell on earth.

But I have a question I hope some of you can answer for me. It is something that has been on my mind for some years. For the cost of travel, food, anything purchased for the trip and other expenditures, multiplied by the number of people in the caravan: wouldn't those thousands of dollars better help the people by giving it to groups already entrenched there? I know that most legitimate charities have in-kind donations, that is for every individual's donation a company or group has made a commitment to match it thereby doubling the amount.

HorseFixer

You guys have a great time on your trips be safe and our prayers go out to you both! :thumbs: Godspeed to and be safe!

whchris

good luck and my hats off to you I am headed to the Dominican Republic some time in June or July to set up a generator for the first free hospital i don't know the dates of the trip yet as they don't know when the generator will be arriving. have fun and be safe you tend to make some good friends on these trips

hodge

Group: Members

Member No.: 569

Best of luck on your trip. The leaders in Haiti have certainly led their people in to a true hell on earth.

But I have a question I hope some of you can answer for me. It is something that has been on my mind for some years. For the cost of travel, food, anything purchased for the trip and other expenditures, multiplied by the number of people in the caravan: wouldn't those thousands of dollars better help the people by giving it to groups already entrenched there? I know that most legitimate charities have in-kind donations, that is for every individual's donation a company or group has made a commitment to match it thereby doubling the amount.

Yes, that is something to consider, and we have done that. But, the experience and fellowship with the Haitians has real value, which makes the trip worth the expenditure. Sometimes, the "fellowship of the brethren" is enough reason.

hodge

We are getting ready for church now. We had a good first clinic yesterday, seeing 112 patients. We have a clinic planned each day next week, which will keep us hopping. God is gracious! We are all healthy, have had safe travel, and are enjoying the fellowship, together as a team and with the Haitians. Thank you for your prayers, and keep em coming!