6wheeler

Getting excited yet?

6wheeler

Strange weather here in South Central Mn.. A couple weeks ago? -20 Farenheit temps and if not that cold? Freezing rain . Ice and minimal snowcover most everywhere. Now this last week? +35 to 40 degrees. Ice is melting, snowcover melting. Looking down at the largest of my 3 gardens and I can see the nicely plowed ground. It is mild outside today and suddenly? I feel like working the garden. I had to run to Fleet Farm this morning and get chicken and barn cat feed. They are remodeling their layout at the store. And lo and behold? Right next to the feed aisles? The SEED display. Oh yeah, you guessed it. I picked up some pole bean and watermelon seed. Also some delicata squash seed. I got home and my wife just shook her head. I won't start any until March. But, no sense in being unprepared, right? I ordered my sweet corn seed today as well. Now going downstairs to the seed starting/garden planning area? Grab a cold beverage? And start planning on the white board. I know there is alot of winter yet. But, as I said? No point in being unprepared. BTW that sounds better than saying I am itchy to get in the garden.

• Like 5

SylvanLakeWH

While I too look forward to the growies, It's 50+ here in Michigan...:ranting:

I kid you not, I had a spider stringer from the detached garage to the car in the driveway this morning - IN JANUARY!!! :scared-eek:

I am a skier, so this is simply nuts... :banana-skier:

Cutting in to my kids' incomes too, with no snow to plow!!! :angry-tappingfoot:

Edited by SylvanLakeWH

roadapples

@6wheeler I am the worst procrastinator .... No one will ever accuse you of that...

Terry M
On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 2:47 PM, 6wheeler said:

I know there is alot of winter yet.

Thats right , neighbor....So make sure you keep your winter boots out and ready.    I'm sure there's plenty more of winter to come . :lol::occasion-snowman:

DougL3

My 10 and 12 y/o boys are currently debating what will be planted and how it will be laid out. They are presenting their plan later this week for approval. If I approve, then we get started in 3 weeks. 

I love it that these two are so into the mini-farm aspect. Their other side project is turning our rain collecting 275gal tank into an irrigation system. 

• Like 2