RedWheelz

Snow Blower compatibility question

RedWheelz

I got a C-121 and was wondering if a model 06-37SK01 snow blower will fit it?

Thanks for any help!!

Ed Kennell

file:///C:/Users/umpa/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/INetCache/IE/L25QUUTB/WH Interchange 1955-2000.pdf

Open this file and scroll down till you find your C-121.  Page 22

You can also find your blowers manual in the manuals/blowers section and compare it to blowers that are known to be compatable  with your C-121.

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Like 1

JAinVA

Ed,

I couldn't open the file you posted.It might just be me but just in case I thought I'd tell you.I looked in the manual section and I don't think that blower would go on a c series without modification.

Walt

06-37SK01  Snow Thrower is for a vertical shaft engine powered tractor.

• Like 1

JAinVA

Thanks Walt I thought that's what it looked like it fits.

16 minutes ago, Walt said:

06-37SK01  Snow Thrower is for a vertical shaft engine powered tractor.

Ed Kennell

Thanks Walt and Jim.   That file would not open for me either.     Above is the file from the manuals/misc  section I was trying to copy/paste to show the blowers that will work.

• Like 1

gwest_ca

The attachment list is good but leaves out many models. It includes the original unit, the unit that replaced the original and the unit available when the list was made. It leaves out the models between the last two.

There is a list of models here that go back to the first 37" snowthrower for the C-Series tractors that started in 1973 with the introduction of the front quick hitch. Everything from 1973 on will fit.

Garry

• Like 1

Walt
10 hours ago, gwest_ca said:

Everything from 1973 on will fit.

Garry is correct it will fit, but the drive may not work without some modifications. I have modified a vertical shaft snow thrower to use on tractor with a horizontal shaft motor. It was a bit of work and a couple of hundred dollars in parts to complete. I enjoyed the project and it did nice the 2 times I used it this winter. This being said I will more than likely not use it again. The reasons being are my feet got cold setting on my butt clearing snow, and dressed exactly the same way I stay toasty walking behind either of my smaller snow blowers. Also I only own 1 tractor and want my blade on it in winter. I also have limited storage space in the winter since I store my car in the winter.  Lastly I have no desire to own a second tractor just to be able to run the snow thrower.  Guess I'm neither a collector or a hoarder simply the owner of a worker. 

Maynard

I just bought a wheel horse raider 12 wanting to put a snowblower on it will a snowblower from a newer model fit? Or do I have to get the older  style if I can find it? Looking at model #79263 

gwest_ca

The 79263 fits tractors with a vertical engine crankshaft so the pto is below the engine. Requires extensive modifications to change to a side pto as Walt did to fit a long frame tractor like the Raider or C-Series or 300-500 series models.

The post I made in 2017 no longer has the list of compatible models. It is now here. Click on the picture

You can add a front quick hitch to your tractor so 1973 and later front mounted attachments will work including mower decks.

Garry