thejangler

wheel horse +657 tiller options??

thejangler

Hello Everyone

I have a 67 wheel horse 657 and would like to get a tiller for it.  Anyone have any idea if this is possible and what part numbers or parts I would need to gather?

thanks

IMG_20160527_192805411_HDR.jpg

gwest_ca

The ground speed of the 657 is too fast for a tiller. Back in the day The RT-367 was used on the 6-Speed models and hydro models but if you could come up with a speed reducer it should work.

Another option would be the towed self-powered tillers but speed reduction still needed

Garry

• Like 2

thejangler

super helpful, thanks gary!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• wh315-8
      By wh315-8
      My show tractors for October Festivals.
      RJ59, 1045, 657 w/sickle bar, 10HP and D200. Just love the attention and hearing the stories of grandpa or growing up had one. Always can see the joy these Horses bring to the spectators. Than telling them the WH history story along with Speedex story always intrigues them.
      Than of course there is always someone that needs to get one out of the way.
      Last year it was the 1045 and the PO was so excited to learn I got her running and been mowing my grass all summer. Of course I had to let him drive her around.
      This year it’s a 702 I think I getting this week. 
      So many were engrossed by the Sickle Bar never knowing such was available on garden tractors.

• PWL216
      By PWL216
      Tiller. Not sure of model. Looks to be in good condition. Comes with what you see in the pics. Cannot ship.

• dannyo
      By dannyo
      Hi all.  I am new to the Wheel Horse world and I have a question about attaching a tiller to my 875 before I start spending money.  Based on what I've read so far, it sounds like I can use the RT-366 tiller without having the 8-3311 PTO assembly, is this correct?  If so, does the RT-366 belt attach to the hydrostatic motor if there is a double pully (#6887) installed?  
    • Merl
      By Merl
      Newbie here and I have a 520-H that runs, but needs some TLC and some minor things fixed and/or adjusted. It comes with a like new tiller that I believe has only been used once and has paint still on the tines. I am the 2nd owner and I have personally never used the tiller. I am selling my previous home that I rent and where it has been stored. My current home's yard just isn't big enough to use a rider and I need to find a new home for it. I want to sell them together to simplify and I need them gone in the next 2 weeks. Please reach out with any questions and I'll do my best to answer. I am definitely not as knowledgeable as most of you on this forum, but figured somebody would like to fix it up, part it out and/or needs a tiller. Please email or text.

• jebeli
      By jebeli
      Lets make a deal. The whole collection for $3000 or one tractor and half the items listed below for $1500. 
      I am moving to town so am willing to do a partial trade for a wheelhorse more approproiate for a suburban lot- lawn ranger, surburban models, bcs walking tractor, other?
      I could possibly deliver or meet half-way or ship.

Both tractors run great and are in good working order. Second owner of both machines. I work with these machines everyday so they are not perfect but are, in my opinion, in excellent shape.
      42in high-shoot snow blower
      42 in rear discharge deck
      Snow blade
      Front mount deck hanger with 42in side discharge deck
      30in lawn seeder
      Brinly single bottom plow with cleavis or sleeve hitch
      50in grader blade
      Extra transmission
      36in rear tiller - leaks a little
      Full set of tire chains for each tractor
      Various body pieces
      7.5 cubic ft pull behind cart - may need tires
      Extra set of rims
      All required belts, pullys, brackets, manuals, too much to list.