evanloock

E-141

evanloock

Just curious. Anyone seen one of the E-141 electric Horses? This was the tractor that used the frame, 8-speed trans and sheet metal from the C-Series, not the rebadged Elec-Tracs made by GE.

Teddy da Bear

You mean like this one?

e141-012f.jpg

• Like 1

Nick

The only one Ive seen locally was at an antique tractor show but had been converted to a gas engine. Wonder if the electric collector up in Canada has one?

whlpny

Eric- years back there was one that showed up at the Constantine show here in Mich. It was in mint condition and had the deck under it yet. It belonged to Crystal Valley a dealer in In. Seems to be it had about an $800 price tag on it but wasn't in running condition. Sure was a clean one though!

evanloock

That's the one!!! Those are certainly neat tractors! I wouldn't mind having one!

Buzz

Geof Thompson from Hamilton Ont. has at least one of every model electric tractor Wheel Horse made. I can contact him if you have any questions. I'm pretty sure he's a member here but doesn't post much.

Nick

You would think Id remember Geofs name but nope. I kind of like his E-81? rear engine electric also.

parade053.jpg

2003show012.jpg

evanloock

What type/location PTO did the E-141 use?

evanloock

Ok I think I see it. Plug just ahead of the lift lever?

Stigian

I learn something new everyday :whistle: , never knew the was an electric WH..

It's not quite my "cup of tea" because A: I dont like tea, and B: it will never sound as good as a Kohler engine running full tilt under load :thumbs:

Teddy da Bear

I believe a picture of my B-145 is in the photo gallery.

There was also a C-185 I believe....

wh500special

I believe a picture of my B-145 is in the photo gallery.

There was also a C-185 I believe....

Mike,

yep, the B145 and C185 were electic models, but they were the GE Elec-trak variant. You might recall that WH bought the Elec-Trak buisness from GE in/around 1970. The B145 and C185 were just red versions of the E14 and E18.

The E141 was a WH designed and built creature. It replaced the Kohler engine with an electric traction motor (belt driven to the Unidrive rear with a standard foot clutch) and six 12-volt batteries. The GE version direct coupled the motor to their transaxle and used six 6-volt batteries. Both tractor types were 36V but share nothing else.

As far as I know, only the electric motor driven 42" RD deck and snowplow were available on the E141 since there was no provision for a PTO for other attachments. The GE models had throwers, tillers, blades, etc.

Battery corrosion and somewhat unreliable circuitry have probably done most of them in by now.

I posted a "wanted" ad for an E141 in the classifieds here a while back...still looking!

Steve

GeofThompson

Hi

I am the collector in Canada You speak of, Infact I am 99% sure that this picture is one of my 3 E-141. If not somebody got a shed and a tractor that looks a lot like mine.

The E-141 was a 1980(s) electric tractor and was built with want appears to be the odds and ends for the Wheelhorse parts bin. It is not an Electrak per say, which were built in the 1960s and 1970s by GE, Wheelhore, New Idea. The E-141 is well describes in other posts, and is some what of a 10 Point Albino Buck in terms of collecting. Not in the least because pullers like to cut them up for the Uni Drive Transmission.

It is built like a tank and weight close to 900 lbs with a full set of batteries. It has the attach a matic. system hooking up equipment but no belt drive so it is limited to the belly mower deck with three electric motors or non power equipmnet like plows. I now have two I sold one to a collector in the south I really didn't need three of them.

If you want more discussion ask away.

Geof

• Like 2

oldandred

Geof Im sure theres no body that looks like you and has as many elec, tractors as you

wh500special

Hi

I am the collector in Canada You speak of...

Geof,

:thumbs:

Nice to see you here!

I always thought those E141's a bit of an oddball but I absolutely LOVE the idea of a battery powered tractor. I had a neighbor in South Bend who had an E141 when it was new and they told me it was a great snow plowing tractor because it was so darn heavy.

Owing to my own oddball status, I would love to have something to use around here that wasn't so darned loud. i know most guys here like the thrum of a Kohler rocking at full blast, but I much prefer quiet. If you come up with another spare E141 be sure to let me know.

By the way, the METI tractors look great! Modern Electric Tractors

Hope to see and hear more from you around here,

Steve

homegrownusa

Anybody know where an E141 is for sale?  Would love to rebuild one in a high school tech ed class.  Great sustainability project along with biofuel tractor.

"D"- Man

Hi

I am the collector in Canada You speak of, Infact I am 99% sure that this picture is one of my 3 E-141. If not somebody got a shed and a tractor that looks a lot like mine.

The E-141 was a 1980(s) electric tractor and was built with want appears to be the odds and ends for the Wheelhorse parts bin. It is not an Electrak per say, which were built in the 1960s and 1970s by GE, Wheelhore, New Idea. The E-141 is well describes in other posts, and is some what of a 10 Point Albino Buck in terms of collecting. Not in the least because pullers like to cut them up for the Uni Drive Transmission.

It is built like a tank and weight close to 900 lbs with a full set of batteries. It has the attach a matic. system hooking up equipment but no belt drive so it is limited to the belly mower deck with three electric motors or non power equipmnet like plows. I now have two I sold one to a collector in the south I really didn't need three of them.

If you want more discussion ask away.

Geof

Geof, would you mind editing your post to say Wheel Horse?  Instead of ... well what you have with the missing "s"  Thanks, I am just curious as to what a tiller for a C-185 may be worth, since I have an owner commited to sell me his C-185 w/tiller after he removes the tiller. He has several Electrak's but this is the only tractor he has with a tiller. so I do not think he will even let it go.  Thanks, Mark.