HeyMrP

Newbie here and just got a 310-8

Walt

:WRS: that thingy would be the mule drive.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:WRS:

• Like 1

953 nut

:text-welcomeconfetti:   to :rs:  looks like a nice package deal there!     :text-coolphotos:

• Like 1

JAinVA

Nice score.Good maintenance and the knowledgable folks here will keep it going for many years.Luck,JAinVA

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

• Like 1

Sodaking27

Congratulations. My first wheel horse was a 310-8. I still own one.

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

:text-welcomeconfetti: to the :rs:          You came to the correct site for :wh: information.     Search our manuals section for information on your tractor and implements.

BTW, see if you can find the correct routing of the snow thrower drive belt.   Here is a picture.  And, yes this belt has been replaced.

IMG_4142.JPG

• Like 2

Texas Todd

:text-welcomeconfetti:to :rs:

• Like 1

Terry M

• Like 1

6wheeler

:text-welcomeconfetti:to:rs: Congrats on the 310-8. You will like it. And since there is no point putting it off? I, just happen to know where you can get another one just like it:banana-blonde:. Because, as you will soon find out? One is never, ever, ever, going to be all you will have. Just saying :ROTF:.

• Like 2

HeyMrP
1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said:

:text-welcomeconfetti: to the :rs:          You came to the correct site for :wh: information.     Search our manuals section for information on your tractor and implements.

BTW, see if you can find the correct routing of the snow thrower drive belt.   Here is a picture.  And, yes this belt has been replaced.

IMG_4142.JPG

My gut told me that something was wrong. It just didn't look right. Thanks!

• Like 4

Achto

:WRS:  Nice score!

• Like 2

jimkemp

:text-welcomeconfetti:A lot of great info on this forum , have fun , look around , and think about becoming a supporter of the forum

• Like 1

HeyMrP
1 hour ago, HeyMrP said:

My gut told me that something was wrong. It just didn't look right. Thanks!

Had to swipe a spring from the kids trampoline. Does that look better?

image.jpg

• Like 4

Ed Kennell

Bingo!!!!

• Like 1

HeyMrP
24 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

Bingo!!!!

I see yours has a worm gear that spins the discharge chute. Mine has a winding cable setup that feels sticky and catches. I think I'll take the chute off, clean out gunk, lube where it seems right to lube, and see how it goes.

...and I was just looking at the manual and I see that there is a lift assist for the blower. Gonna have to get that!

Edited by HeyMrP
added info
  • Like 1

benji756

:text-welcomeconfetti: tall chute snow blowers have the worm gear adjusters and the short chute ones have the not so great cable set up

• Like 1

KC9KAS

@HeyMrP :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

• Like 1

T-Mo

Nice tractor setup you got.

• Like 1

953 nut
7 hours ago, HeyMrP said:

lift assist for the blower. Gonna have to get that!

Contact Glen Pettit, he is a Vendor on here and as nice a guy as you would ever want to deal with, fix you right up

• Like 1

Notfishin

Only thing i can Say  is . clean the garage up . because these things breed like rabbits . LOL 

• Like 2

T-Mo
1 minute ago, Notfishin said:

Only thing i can Say  is . clean the garage up . because these things breed like rabbits . LOL 

They do seem to multiply rapidly.  I am even considering of adding another shed to house some tractors and other stuff......

• Like 1

Ed Kennell
8 hours ago, HeyMrP said:

I see yours has a worm gear that spins the discharge chute. Mine has a winding cable setup that feels sticky and catches. I think I'll take the chute off, clean out gunk, lube where it seems right to lube, and see how it goes.

Yeah, the "tall chute" blowers have the gear drive chute rotator and it dies work better than the cable drive.

Although I have had both and with proper maintenance, the cable drive works OK.

I see yours has the larger dia. spool on the cable crank.  That is a plus, as the earlier models just wound the cable around the 1/2" dia shaft.

Some have had success using heavy string trimmer line instead of the wire cable.

...and I was just looking at the manual and I see that there is a lift assist for the blower. Gonna have to get that!

I have all hydraulic lifts now, but when I had manual lifts, I had a 3 spring assist on my blower that really worked well.

My springs were made from old broken garage door springs.    Just another option if you like to DIY.

IMG_1876 (640x480).jpgIMG_1874 (640x480).jpg

• Like 1

T-Mo

I have a helper spring off a John Deere 110 round fender that I thought about trying to use on my 416-8 somehow.

• Like 1