Thegearhead0324

WH show?

Thegearhead0324

I joined the forum last spring and read that there was a show coming up in PA last year. At the time I couldn't go. Hopefully this year I can bring the ol lady, kids, and my dad if there's gonna be another one. Does anyone know a date if there is one this year in pa? I'd like to start making plans to get new tires, do the dash decal and few other decals, touch up paint, etc. 

• Like 7

953 nut

:woohoo:       It is the weekend after Father's day, June 23 and 24.

http://www.wheelhorsecc.com/

• Like 5

Thegearhead0324

Nice. I'll have to request the weekend off. I've watched a few videos and seen some pics of the event. I'm sure those are nothing like the real deal tho I'm looking forward to it!

• Like 6

953 nut

The :wh: tractors are great, but getting to know the people on the site is where it's at.   :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 9

Thegearhead0324

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and looking at all the red horses out there. I'll make sure I bring some money so I can find extra parts for the 1257. Maybe another attachment or 2 hmm.....

• Like 7

Racinbob
3 hours ago, 953 nut said:

The :wh: tractors are great, but getting to know the people on the site is where it's at.   :handgestures-thumbupright:

:text-yeahthat:Well said Richard.

You won't regret making the show gearhead. I made the 900+ mile trip the past two years and even my wife didn't complain. It's incredible.:)

• Like 6

Fun Engineer

Plan to arrive early. Thursday has become THE day to arrive 😉

Its a great show, great time and great people. 

Edited by Fun Engineer
  • Like 8

roadapples

We`re bettin` you won`t be disappointed...

• Like 4

squonk
8 hours ago, Racinbob said:

:text-yeahthat:Well said Richard.

You won't regret making the show gearhead. I made the 900+ mile trip the past two years and even my wife didn't complain. It's incredible.:)

I think it's the "food" Bob. :)

• Like 5

AMC RULES

2015_06262015WHCC0001.thumb.JPG.212059fe11303c89f3f4fd10e417fc09.JPG

I think it's the people you meet at the neighborhood bus stop.   :greetings-wavingyellow:

• Like 7

T-Mo

Craig, you always make me laugh.......:happy-jumpeveryone:

• Like 3

rmaynard

Make your list of parts that you think you will need, and I guarantee you will go home with a lot more than what's on your list.

Also, if you are planning on booking a hotel/motel, now is the time to start thinking about it. That time of the year around Gettysburg, rooms book quickly due to many events in the area. If you are thinking about camping, you will be fine. They never run out of places to put your tent at the fairgrounds, but there a limited number of sites with electrical hookup for large campers/motorhomes.

• Like 5

neil

I traveled from UK  see the show and  well worth th few thousand miles journey , you'll love it .

• Like 6

Thegearhead0324

I'm sure I won't be disappointed... Yea usually when my ol lady looks away when we are somewhere I grab what I can get that I want lol. Go broke being that way... but hey ya only live once right? Every time I open my shed doors I swear the horse looks at me wanting more. I look forward to the good time at the show. Maybe I'll learn more history about the horses as well. I'll prolly end up bringing a tent I got (something else that's old.) But does the job. Got some motivation now to get moving on a few things I gotta accomplish on the tractor.

• Like 3

wheelhorseman
13 hours ago, roadapples said:

We`re bettin` you won`t be disappointed...

Certainly not! @roadapples are you bringing the same setup as last year? 

• Like 3

857 horse

Gear Head,,,,,,,When you come to the show,,,,,,,and you want to find one of these guys,,,,,,just ask for them by their screen name.....I swear.....where else can you do that???   RoadApples.......Squonk,,,,really Squonk!!!!! (that's him slumped over the bench,,,,,,)  no worries,,,,,he was nappin,,,,We have some Bob;s  mmmmmm         Racin Bob,,,,very upstanding guy    Oh  R Maynard,is,,Bob Maynard,,,brake bands and more,,,,All in all very good group....a lot of good info......food is also good,,,,2-300 new friends...

Summer camp for adult kids,,,,,Lets leave it at that !!!!    and Welcome !!!!!!!

Howard  857Horse in Va                                  Stevasaurus,,,,,,953Nut....ZeeK....Old Red Rider......all proper names,,,all proper People,,,                                        Bil Jenkins,,,Bill Pearson  Bill Albright....

Edited by 857 horse
  • Like 6

19richie66

yep, another year I will not be able to go. Knee deep in home repair and some broken molars ....$$$$$

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 2

BOB ELLISON

I'm planing on attending this year just to meet the guys that have helped my with all my horse's. But can I make a suggestion for all the guys and gals.NAME TAGS. I know them by there wheelhorse names but not by looks. Only squonk because he's in all the photos I see from past shows.

• Like 2

953 nut
54 minutes ago, BOB ELLISON said:

But can I make a suggestion for all the guys and gals.NAME TAGS

Howard @857 horse already is working on that one for us. You may want to start working on your "Mash Pole Sign" too.

• Like 3

roadapples
11 hours ago, wheelhorseman1000 said:

@roadapples are you bringing the same setup as last year? 

Wasn`t planning on it, but it did bring quite a few smiles from the little ones....and a few big ones    :)

• Like 4

AMC RULES

:clap:

IMG_5291.JPG

• Like 7

squonk
16 hours ago, 857 horse said:

.......Squonk,,,,really Squonk!!!!! (that's him slumped over the bench,,,,,,)  

Whatcha Talkin about HOWWWWAAARDDDD!!!! :lol:

5770525f438b0_Howard2.thumb.jpg.2ee359ba7cacb13da03b2776587ca021.jpg

• Like 8

BOB ELLISON

Is there any rules on mash pole signs ?

Like how big or how long.

• Like 3

AMC RULES

:rolleyes: Dimensions are in Howard's first post here...

• Like 4

BOB ELLISON
8 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

:rolleyes: Dimensions are in Howard's first post here...

Thank you @AMC RULES I have read that before but couldn't remember the size. I read Posts as far back as 2012 all the time. I read all the time I just can't remember everything I read . its called Old timers disease.

• Like 4