Sign in to follow this  
Stigian

Whats this warn thingy?

Stigian

Not sure if this is the right place to post this :D

just noticed a Warn: (0%) ----- thing under my name in my sig!!

Anyone any idea what its all about :P

Brrly1

Hello I would also like to know what this means as it under my name too. What is up with the WARN % Thanks Burly

CasualObserver

Play nicely with the other kids here and it will stay at zero!

nylyon

Guy, don't worry about the warn. It is highly unlikely that yours will change, unless all of a sudden a neuron misfires causing you to spam uncontrollably. Recently we have had people sign up to redsquare with the intention to spam, sell pharmaceuticals (you know the ones) and direct us to sites where you wouldn't want your wives or kids to ever see, no not the John Deere forums either.

I enabled the warn system to allow the moderators the ability to stop these spammers from posting and / or disable their accounts. Previous to this only the administrators had this ability. So that said, please don't worry about the warn level it's not because of anything any of you have done.

for more information see these threads:

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=739

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=724

-- Karl

Brrly1

Ok can you even tell me why it is there! And what is this are far spam goes where am I tied in with that. I completely don't UNDERSTAND. KIND OF FRUSTRATING that you have this under my NAME! Haven't done nothing to NOBODY John

combatmp29r

John its under all our names. It just allows one of the moderators to see someone that is a potential spammer. If I understand right the yahoo groups have it too just we can't see ours on there.

nylyon

John you're right you didn't do anything. I can understand your frustration, but you could only see your warn not anyone elses's. Other people could only see theirs too and EVERYONE was at 0%. The good news is that I found a way to remove that from your view, so all should be well.

You are not tied into the spam in any way shape or form, I simply put additional security on the board to keep those who spam out. There was never an issue with you or anyone else.

If you still have a concern, please PM me and I would be glad to discuss in more detail.

-- Karl

Brrly1

Karl I don't care what Stephen says about you , you are Great, it is

no longer there and and like i said I don't like getting all the Garbage that we recieve in our in boxes waste of time.I don't have anything to do with that stuff at all. Oh yeah, as far as I know Stephen [Chinese eyes] thinks well of you also. I appreciate the e-mail Thanks John :D

Rollerman

John glad to see your getting adjusted to the site.

I dropped the Chinese man avatar this morning too...that was for Tricycle Terrys benefit or to give him a guilty concience & I doubt it did. :P

Karl not sure what he's talking about...... :D

Brrly1

Stephen I am trying and eventually I will suceed but with guys like you and Karl and just everyone here I think it will be a Great Time. Now all you need to do is get the time off of work and make it to Toledo and we will be off and running towards the Big Show. Hint, Hint Thanks everyone Burly :D

Stigian

Sorry for a slightly late reply, the forum went awol on me last night :P

Anyway cheers for reply Karl, now i know :D