T-Mo

Front Weight Bracket

AMC RULES

Poor thing...  :ychain:

face just looks mad.  

IMG_0465.JPG

• Like 3

briankd

been thinking of how to hang weight on my c-120 looks great I know where I can get an old mule drive will have to do this instead of building one from scratch Thanks T_MO B)

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH

Cool Idea.

But...Is that what they mean by a severe case of "ganGREEN"??

:ychain:

• Like 4

Hacksawhero123

Unistrut is one of those great inventions that once you are familiar with it, you wonder how you got by without it. Great looking bracket T-Mo. 

Mark

Edited by Hacksawhero123
  • Like 3

c-series don

PLEASE paint them soon!!!!

• Like 3

WVHillbilly520H

@T-Mo, I used JD suitcase weights, but built my own bracket/bumper to hang from the the attach-a-matic, different approach same results and 125# hanging off there hasn't hurt anything yet, to counter balance the tiller, plow and weighted box blade,Jeff.

IMAG1938.jpg

IMAG1934.jpg

IMAG0387.jpg

• Like 5

fast88pu
15 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

@T-Mo, I used JD suitcase weights, but built my own bracket/bumper to hang from the the attach-a-matic, different approach same results and 125# hanging off there hasn't hurt anything yet, to counter balance the tiller, plow and weighted box blade,Jeff.

IMAG1938.jpg

IMAG1934.jpg

IMAG0387.jpg

Do you still make these? 

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
27 minutes ago, fast88pu said:

Do you still make these? 

Sorry I don't ,but I do have the blue print here on a couple different threads if you can't find it P.M. me,Jeff... @T-Mo didn't mean to hi-Jack your post I really like your weight/hanger too, I really need to make something like the factory version for the bagger 520...

Screenshot_2016-10-28-20-16-00.png

• Like 1

Sarge

I'd seriously consider having that axle machined out and either bronze or brass bushings installed - that's a lot of weight thrust against those spindles and will wear them out quicker while damaging the bores in the cast iron axle .

Sarge

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

@Sarge, I keep the king pins on the spindles and the center pivot on the axle greased every to every other time I mow, plus the snow blowers hanging in the attach-a-matic is quite a bit of weight too when in transport mode, in 18+ years I've owned my bought new 520 haven't noticed any severe/unusual wear on my axle/spindles, I can't comment on the smaller (400 series down) non swept forward commercial axles just my 520H experience,Jeff.

Sarge

You'd almost have to pull the clips and drop the spindles out to see any wear - once it starts it doesn't take long to tear up the spindles and start wearing out the axle bore as well . I believe the 520's use a thrust roller bearing on the bottom of the spindle like the D series to help with steering effort and stop the friction issue . Those bearings really should be checked once a year for wear and replace as needed since they support the front end weight on the spindles . Best thing to do when greasing the front end is to support the tractor by the frame and take the weight off the front axle pin/steering spindles - that way they can get properly lubricated at the load points .

Sarge

• Like 2

857lover

would you be willing to make and sell one of theese suitcasecweight brackets??

kpinnc
On 1/1/2017 at 8:21 AM, T-Mo said:

Anyways, I decided they would be good for front weights of a Wheel Horse.

They look great! :thumbs:

c-series don

@857lover you do realize that this post is from 5 years ago? 

kpinnc
On 6/19/2022 at 9:11 PM, c-series don said:

857lover you do realize that this post is from 5 years ago? 

Always better than posting the same questions over and over!

Found my weights on Ebay years back. About 120lbs. Made a bracket to fit in the mule drive so they can move as needed- though they rarely leave the Bronco...

The two outer weights come off for some adjustability. Heckuva lot easier to move to another tractor that way too.

SDC13031.jpg

DSC00686.jpg

• Like 3

peter lena

@Sarge fully agree with the added front end weight thrust issue , lucas x-tra hd , chassis grease will stay with it . wonder at related improvements often seeing rust , but no grease ? as you say , those joints wallow out , without lubricant , keep it greasy, pete 

• Excellent 1