WVHillbilly520H

4x4 in the near future?

ACman

:naughty:... As long as it's not green and yellow :sleeping-drool:!...:lol:

• Like 4

WVHillbilly520H

It's Daedong powered, same as my Kioti, which is Kioti's parent company so I'm hoping (if I get it) that by owning the Kioti for 4+ years now and no major mechanical/engine problems, I should be fine especially with a 7 year warranty as long as I do my part, and in the end it's just a glorified 4x4 "lawn & garden" tractor, all cast iron front and rear axles, it's smaller than my Kioti ck20 but bigger than the xi's (true sub compact with true cat 1 3pt), but with 2+ acres of my lot mostly steep slopes I believe it would do me better in the mowing season while keeping a couple horses for snow and mowing right around the house, maybe by tax time? We shall see,Jeff.

• Like 2

shallowwatersailor

Jeff, are you going to spring for the hard cab version? :occasion-snowman:  It looks pretty nice compared to the soft cab. It is $4K more - but considering the OTC cab for the 5xi is now $1K new  :-o that is not bad.

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

John, I had them quoted out from 22hp gear to the 25hp hydro hard cab model that came (with all the goodies I wanted) in at $28k, I can't do that, then to use it as I intend the hard cab just isn't practical for me, I'm looking into a left over model that's been sitting longer than the dealer likes, so it was offered at "invoice" till it's gone, tractor mmm FEL definitely and hydraulic front blade maybe for now, then as I pay it down add cab tiller ect,Jeff.

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor
33 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

John, I had them quoted out from 22hp gear to the 25hp hydro hard cab model that came (with all the goodies I wanted) in at $28k, I can't do that, then to use it as I intend the hard cab just isn't practical for me, I'm looking into a left over model that's been sitting longer than the dealer likes, so it was offered at "invoice" till it's gone, tractor mmm FEL definitely and hydraulic front blade maybe for now, then as I pay it down add cab tiller ect,Jeff.

Jeff, is that the dealer in Fishersvile? Sounds like a plan!

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

John, yes it is ,10 mins from the house and we had a good talk about TORO Wheel Horse with the Daihatsu diesel engine (he likes them) and the Simplicity/Massey Ferguson as well and all kinds of tractors of old, even if I don't get the 4x4 I have a new friend and place to go "hang out" if I need help otherwise,Jeff.

• Like 2

Razkid

Looks like a nice setup Jeff! I couldn't justify a hard cab for my Kubota but did get the fiberglass top for sun protection. I figured I could buy a few more goodies for the price of the hard cab. When I got the snowblower I took that top off, made a tube frame that bolts to the loader frame and bolted a piece of plywood between the tube frame and the ROP. The soft cab fits over that. I've never put the fiberglass top back on.

Have you looked at a Kubota BX series tractor?

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

Razkid, I have looked at quite a few, Kioti was at the top of my list because of the ck20, Kubota, Massey Ferguson, TYM, LS, Branson,Yanmar and even JD then went to a fellow I know who has worked at a few different dealerships and opened his own place(just used equipment/repairs for now) and in his "unbiased" opinion value vs price vs reliability ect on the subcompacts ,Mahindra/Kubota topped his list then Massey/Kioti/TYM/Branson/Yanmar/LS/JD in no particular order, Kioti better in the ck line up vs their SCUTs, Massey was good but $ ,JD has support but have to watch the transaxle and $, the rest hit and miss was his thoughts, then when I drove the Mahindra it was wider/ seemed more planted on a slope, and invoice price on that particular tractor, plus the guy I was dealing with we just clicked plus the Deadong(Kioti) engine and the front blade option ,7 year warranty and it's RED :bow-blue:...Jeff.

• Like 4

Razkid

You've definitely done your homework on this purchase Jeff! May I be the first to congratulate your upcoming purchase of your new toy.....I mean much needed piece of equipment!

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

Unfortunately I have to clear some of the :wh: herd :no:but to get that new toy and keep the "boss" happy, I suppose I'll have to comply then hope the eMax is still available :sad-bored:...unless you guys want to hide a couple for me :violence-blades:till things cool down...:laughing-rofl:...Jeff.

• Like 1

Razkid

I'm sure there are a few places near you that would be good hiding places! Does the "Boss" know exactly how many you have? If not, tell her you already got rid of a few to make room. If I was closer I'd foster a few for you until the dust settles! :D

• Like 3

T-Mo

When I retire I might get me a small 4x4 SCUT.  It probably will be a John Deere 1-Series or maybe a Kubota BX.  I have a dealer for each close by.  There isn't a Mahindra dealer, nor a Kioti dealer close by, so those are pretty much ruled out.  I don't see anything in the New Holland nor the Case IH lineup that interests me enough to want one of those brands.

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

@T-Mo, I really don't have anything against JD, the older ?50-?70 series (sub)compacts were very good solid capable little tractors, cast iron and steel, the 1R (of my knowledge) cast aluminum rearends? and plastic body panels and the Kubota has plastic also but cast iron rear, the Mahindra is a compilation of several different brands under one,some have Daedong some Mitsubishi engines ect, they also have TYM,Branson,LS under their umbrella as well,so whether I'm making a wise decision or mistake,time will tell, when I bought the 520H anniversary new JD and CC was expected to do better last longer but I believe I made the right choice there, so all things being realative, THEY ALL should last a very long time if properly taken care of ,and with good dealer support where JD/Kubota usually does,Jeff.

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

Went back by the Mahindra dealer today to check a few more things and told him he would need to throw some "swag" in to sweeten up the deal so he showed me this T-shirt that work just as well for us :wh: fans too, maybe Terry or Glenn could run with this,Jeff.

Screenshot_2017-01-03-19-37-22.png

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H

The old saying "you snooze you loose" really came through today as I got an email from the Mahindra dealer, another customer came in today and committed to buy the one I was "slowly" dealing on (as I hadn't put a deposit on it in it was fair game) eMax 22 Gear at invoice, was working on a deal to thin my herd before committing myself to buy the new 4x4 but that stalled, anyways if we're to order another one in like that it'll cost me $4k more guess I'll be mowing and blowing with good ole :wh:s a while bit longer ,not a bad thing but a bit of a disappointment :( was kinda looking forward to a do it all little tractor for here reckon I'll have to get a bigger trailer and tote the Kioti back and forth ,Jeff.

JAinVA

Bummer Jeff.I know the area of the state you live in and a 4x4 tractor would be of great use.I would suspect that the Mahindra of this age are the Kubotas of the past.You had problems getting parts for the Kubotaswhen they first started selling here.The Mahindras may have had the same issues as well but seem to be well built quality machines.A good friend was looking for a midsized tractor for his business 15 years ago and he and I looked at every model from every manufacturer.New Holland,Massey Fergusen,JD and Kubota.He went with the Kubota and he still works it today.Hope you get what you need.Luck,JAinVA 

Edited by JAinVA
  • Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Sorry to hear that Jeff, I know when you have your mind set on something and it falls apart. But there will be another deal come your way.

Glenn

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

Thanks guys maybe it was for the best, really like the hydro it has an independent PTO with the gear drive when you clutched it the PTO would shut down till it you released it I was thinking cheap (saving $ vs exactly what I wanted) so maybe after I get a couple projects caught up and things paid for I'll look in to again, plus I do have the Kioti a bit over kill for lawn mowing but it does have the loader and 4x4,Jeff.

WVHillbilly520H

Update, as fate would have it, after I found the Dxi Daihatsu engine to be more than expected the Mahindra dealer gave me a ring and the guy who had "committed" to buy backed out, so I got my chance again and I didn't wait around so now I'm an owner of what TORO should have built as the Xi series, anyways here it is compared to the 520xi I still have as not long after the eMax showed up the Dxi left for another home, Jeff.

IMAG2971.jpg

IMAG2970.jpg

IMAG2969.jpg

IMAG2968.jpg

IMAG2967.jpg

IMAG2966.jpg

IMAG2965.jpg

• Like 8

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Jeff, best of luck, what a nice machine.

Glenn

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
10 hours ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

Jeff, best of luck, what a nice machine.

Glenn

Thanks, just hope it's as reliable as long a Wheel Horse ,Jeff.

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

Well I got a couple (toys) attachments a 3pt quick hitch from HF for mounting the new 5' Dirt Dog rear scraper blade (not only does it angle left/right forward/rear facing but tilts for pulling side ditches or crowning driveways and can be offset father left or right of center) for the the new (toy) eMax and been putting that FEL to use filling some low spots in the yard and remove last year's weeds and leaves, Jeff.

IMAG3058.jpg

IMAG3059.jpg

IMAG3060.jpg

IMAG3061.jpg

• Like 2

slim67

My employer got a Mahindra 4540 two years ago and its been fine. Supposedly Mahindra is the largest manufacturer of tractors in the world. Ours is a hi-lo range trans instead of a hydro.It came down to that or a Kioti. They do make a nice compact though.

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
12 minutes ago, slim67 said:

My employer got a Mahindra 4540 two years ago and its been fine. Supposedly Mahindra is the largest manufacturer of tractors in the world. Ours is a hi-lo range trans instead of a hydro.It came down to that or a Kioti. They do make a nice compact though.

I have a Kioti CK20 gear drive with FEL in WV at my parents' place I bought used about 4 years ago just too big to mow with and tote back and forth, this is the eMax 22 gear drive with the Daedong(Kioti engine), not much bigger than the Xi's, so far I'm happy with it even without the hydro, Jeff.