WVHillbilly520H

4x4 in the near future?

slim67

Ive done some volunteer work for our local parks using an NX4510 Kioti with FEL. Ive plowed snow,brush hogged and bucketed material as well as some backhoe work. I think its a very nice machine, nicer than my jobs Mahindra. However the Mahindra was not the nicest model but the cheapest priced so not a fair comparison. Id take a chance on either as they have got to be priced lower than kubota,new holland or deere. Congrats on your new tractor. Let us know how it performs after some break in time.

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
18 minutes ago, slim67 said:

Ive done some volunteer work for our local parks using an NX4510 Kioti with FEL. Ive plowed snow,brush hogged and bucketed material as well as some backhoe work. I think its a very nice machine, nicer than my jobs Mahindra. However the Mahindra was not the nicest model but the cheapest priced so not a fair comparison. Id take a chance on either as they have got to be priced lower than kubota,new holland or deere. Congrats on your new tractor. Let us know how it performs after some break in time.

Will do, the reasons I didn't go with the Kioti SCUT was mower deck design, and some comments of hydro issues, and price vs the other brands plus the eMax has a 7 year warranty for what it's worth, and the fact its red, black and silver doesn't hurt any either, Jeff.

slim67
9 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Will do, the reasons I didn't go with the Kioti SCUT was mower deck design, and some comments of hydro issues, and price vs the other brands plus the eMax has a 7 year warranty for what it's worth, and the fact its red, black and silver doesn't hurt any either, Jeff.

I have never been a hydro fan. Not that they are bad but the gearbox is tried and proven. 

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
1 hour ago, slim67 said:

I have never been a hydro fan. Not that they are bad but the gearbox is tried and proven. 

Knock on wood narry a problem with my Eaton 1100s on my 520H yet, makes mowing around obstacles so much easier and never in the wrong gear snow blowing plus hydraulic lift, but with the hills I have too mow the gear seemed the better option with the eMax and just bit more PTO HP to boot, Jeff.

slim67

This is my employers 4025 I had talked about earlier in this thread. This was last Friday mornings snow storm that rolled through. I had to clear a sidewalk to move a scissor lift from our high school to the middle school. All of our plow equipment is put up for the year so I had no choice. It could use a cab in IMO. It's a basic tractor but is great with the 4 wheel drive when brush hogging our retention ponds. Price was the big selling point but it's performed as it should.

IMG_0553.JPG

• Like 3

WVHillbilly520H

This is the first time I truly had the chance to mow the entire yard with the eMax what used to be a 4-5 hour job with the 48" deck on the 520s and using 4-5 gallons of non-E 93, is now just about 2 hours with a 60" deck and 2 gallons of diesel so I will say it's a worthy investment so far, only issue was on the big hill above the house (that only gets mowed once a month normally)  the chaffe ect really sucked up against the radiator screen and caused the "high temp saftey" to kick on and shut me down to idle ("limp mode") which is a good thing vs a boiled engine here's a few shots from the seat overlooking the "ranch" , doesn't look quite as steep from deck, Jeff.

IMAG3171.jpg

IMAG3172.jpg

IMAG3173.jpg

IMAG3174.jpg

IMAG3175.jpg

1492729040242632690167.jpg

14927290682881898394160.jpg

• Like 5

bmsgaffer

I can see why 4x4 is very helpful on that terrain! Looks like it did a real nice job, and efficient too.

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
2 hours ago, bmsgaffer said:

I can see why 4x4 is very helpful on that terrain! Looks like it did a real nice job, and efficient too.

It's not that the :wh:'s (had all 3 520H and the 520xi 60" combo) won't go up the hills it's the trip down that some times gets "exciting" to say the least and I tried the FIL's Kubota ZTR there too (never again) but the gear drive and 4x4 never broke loose or slipped once, mowed in hi 1 up and down hills hi 2 for the "flats" low range really "creeps" even in 3rd , not getting rid of anymore :wh:s one thing of learned one size don't fit all, 520s for fine work and tight spots, then the eMax, then the Kioti, and FIL's  IH farm tractor if needed, Jeff.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• cbj75
      By cbj75
      I have a 1975 D200 Wheel Horse with front mount dozer blade, package includes Wheel Horse Dump Trailer, 48" belly mower side discharge, Wheel Horse front and rear wheel weights, turning brakes, rear PTO and 3-point to 2" receiver attachment, and Brinley twin disc harrow. Rear luggage/rack carrier, All refurbished, sandblasted and painted Ford red in 2016. Lots of extra Wheel Horse parts included.

Package price $3000.00.

Bryce Johnson
      102 Anglers PT
      Mc Cormick SC 29835
      913-638-6788

IMG_1962.HEIC IMG_1965.HEIC IMG_0279.HEIC

• Joe Warren
      By Joe Warren
      Mower Spindle Components
      mostly new old stock
      Prices shown do not include the cost to ship.
      Message me with your needs and any questions.
      Thank you.
      Joe

PART NUMBER(S)
      DESCRIPTION
      QTY. AVAILABLE
      PRICE EACH
      NOS Spindle shaft assembly
      103711 (used)
      Used spindle shaft assembly
      101686 or 5875
      NOS Spindle shaft sub-assembly
      NOS Spindle shaft
      NOS Spindle shaft
      107998 or 107446
      NOS Spindle shaft
      NOS Spindle shaft
      112673 or 109965
      NOS Spindle shaft
      NOS Spindle shaft
      102780 or 104373
      NOS Spindle cups 1.0” tall
      ??????
      NOS Spindle cups 0.9” tall
      102784 or 104374
      NOS Spindle cups 0.8” tall

NOS Needle bearing, MFD USA Torrington
      NOS Ball bearing, sealed both sides, MFD China
      101480 or 1515 or 5493
      NOS Ball bearing, sealed both sides, MFD China

NOS Ball bearing, sealed one side, MFD Japan
      NOS Ball bearing, open, not sealed, MFD Taiwan

NOS Seal spacer
      NOS Spacer-pulley
      NOS Spacer-bearing
      NOS Spacer

NOS Lock bolt-pulley
      110242 or 908033
      NOS Lock bolt-blade
      915090 or 32146-20
      NOS Lock nut-pulley
      936028 or 32120-42 or 52-6640
      NOS Snap ring
      spindle housing

• PWL216
      By PWL216
      About a year ago I bought a C-121 auto with the intention of using it as my go-to mower. Shortly thereafter I got a great deal on a low hour 314-8.  It ran perfect and had several attachments - it became my new go-to mower.  So, I decided to repurpose the 121 to be a front end loader. After purchasing the build plans from P.F Engineering (which are excellent), I realized I couldn’t build it for less than $2k in material. I decided to look for a used one and found a Thompson TC10 local to me, mounted on an “end of life” 1077, for $1,000.  The loader swap itself was pretty straight forward. The only modifications needed were drilling a couple of mounting holes in the tractor frame, grinding away a little of the loader top frame so the hood opened/closed and welding in a new hydraulic pump mount. I have a few things to button up still and the bucket itself needs attention but it’s fully functional. I also bought a pair of clamp-on pallet forks.

I also did a “refresh” of the 121. The total project cost is shown below. Roughly $2,300, with just the FEL itself being around $1,300. 

Tractor
      C-121 Auto $500
      Solid engine mounts $50

Front End Loader
      Johnson 10TC $1,000
      Hydraulic fluid $35
      Spare hydraulic hose $40

Ignition
      Battery $35
      Battery cables $20
      Points & Condenser $20

Fuel
      Carb & Gasket $65
      Electric fuel pump $60 (later removed)
      Air filter $10
      Fuel filter $15
      Fuel line $10
      Spark plug $5

Decals and Paint
      Decals $115
      Paint $30

Lights
      Headlight Lens $45
      LED Headlights $25
      Rear lights $25

Misc $200

• sjoemie himself
      By sjoemie himself
      Hi all.
      This topic will be dedicated to the upgrades and modifications I'm going to do to my 512-D with sweeper attachment.
      The plan was to complete my mini IH 1468 before starting to work on the Wheel Horse but since the leaves are coming down quick I developed an 'itch' to get working on the Wheel Horse. 

First things first, I had to get it running again. New ignition switch and new inline fuse, aswell as cutting out all unnecessary (for now) stuff solved the non-running issue.

Dashboard wiring seems to be OK

This is a mess. Two unnecessary relais, one unnecessary switch and a bunch of unnecessary wires everywhere.

Next up will be a new battery and probably some modifications to the pto-clutch and new oil all around. Also I'm on the lookout for new filter elements for the oilbath filter for the Robin DY41D engine.

Done for now.

Major upgrades and or restoration will have to wait until after I finish the Murray to IH 1468 project.

Running again. Listen to that THUMP! 
      Almost forgot to mention.. probably needs some new rubber mounts 

Greetings from the Netherlands, Mark 

• PWL216
      By PWL216
      Howdy. I recently purchased a non-running 1277 with a Johnson 10 Loader from a fellow RS member. I bought it for the loader - to put on my C121, then I figured I’d just get rid of the 1277. Now I’m wondering if I should try and get it running and leave the loader on it. The motor turns by hand. I’ve tinkered with motors but never much more than the basics. The battery that’s in it is labeled 2017, so it probably was in use then.  What’s the easiest option, swap the loader or try and get it running? What would you do? Thanks!